Sign in to follow this  
Cara.

Women and AIDS

-Lily-   

Again, men killing women, how sad. What I don't understand is, the women in the article know that AIDS kills, but they thought it was still OK just because he was their hubby? Why cant they just refuse?

I am worried about our own nation, where the war, non-sterile hospitals, multiple partners or wifes, and where condoms are still a taboo may craete a little new AIDS hell.

Lily, 'may craete a little new AIDS hell'? I'm sure we are way passed that. I can't begin to imagine how many are already infected (all that cavalier bed and spouse-hopping), but may not be aware of it.

Think about it: How much damage can one malicious/unaware male infector do? (Try to imagine the typical marriage path of a polygamous faarax- a wife and two kids in one diaspora city, a new bride in another, a previous wife and kids in a Middle Eastern city or two, and finally setting up a new houshold in Somalia - all within 3-5 years max).

How many potential victims? How many children born with the disease? How many destroyed households?

The man does not need to engage in extra-marital affairs. His marital ones are dangerous enough.

This is all estimation on my part, but I think it's quite close to reality.

AIDS would thrive in a society such as ours, where everything is concealed and denied and where a man can tell his wife that's its Anti-Islamic to use condoms or have an STD test and she would accept it (if she was even brave enough to request either in the first place).

Ignorance is always a woman's downfall, I think.

Originally posted by Khalaf:

Aids is man-made.

Is that your final answer? You don't want to call a friend? Maybe ask the audience? Talk about stating the obvious. :D

Loool gosh ladies ( or little gals) now u blaming all to the poor Somali men for AIDS.

very little research exists as to the extent Aids has spread amongst Somalis , but the general picture IS the infection rate is very low amongst Somalis and Muslims in general .. thank Allah!!.

this is serious issue and should be addressed in serious way .. rather than clowding it amongst other petty somali male issues and their 4 wives in four continenatants.

Aids is man-made.

Really according to my lecturer AIDS was exclusively seen in young homosexual men. Another theory she said that made me fall off my chair and grasp in horror was HIV arose in africa( why am I not suprised every pathogenic disease yap arises in africa) as a result of consumption of blood/flesh of African green monkeys by humans. As is I believe her pathetic theories so illogic since when did africans do that?

I am ashamed! Yuck! :eek:

^^^ Do you have to remind us about your studies all the time...Now Tell us in another way...tell us your observation or made-up stories?

:D

Cheers

-Lily-   

Yes, Valenteena, but it can always get worse. We need to get the Imam's and Co on our side if anything is ever going to change or be prevented. Somalis are very secretive, it would be a disaster otherwise.

Originally posted by Hizb_UK:

now u blaming all to the poor Somali men for AIDS.

very little research exists as to the extent Aids has spread amongst Somalis , but the general picture IS the infection rate is very low amongst Somalis and Muslims in general .. thank Allah!!.

Only because of lack of research, dear. The infection rate would certainly be lower, however, once it gets ahold it would be like anywhere else.

Somali men are not to blame for AIDS, they are to blame for spreading it (those who have it, obviously).

Go on then, say it. "Somalis can't get AIDS because they are Muslims". :D

Who says anything about they can't get it ..

so tell me where did u get ur facts from tat is the Somali men who are spreading and not the other way round.

like is said it before, is serious issue and the moment u decide to deal with seriously will u be able to tackle it ... so stop blaming the men and find out the real causes and reasons behoind it.

Originally posted by Legend of Zu:

^^^ Do you have to remind us about your studies all the time...Now Tell us in another way...tell us your observation or made-up stories?

Cheers

Well I am sorry I talk about things I have knowledge of I dont in way like to fabricate things. In plain english I keep it on the real.

Dave Chapelle who is he? actually I couldnt careless . Geez you would like my opinion on this subject my opinion mattersto you?. Reread my previous post and hopefully if your eyesight isnt degenerating you might be able to pick my take on AIDS. :D

Its way past my bedtime. See ya mate. Living in Australia has some serious side effects. ;)

Khalaf   

Originally posted by Valenteenah:

Lily
, 'may craete a little
new
AIDS hell'? I'm sure we are way passed that. I can't begin to imagine how many are already infected (all that cavalier bed and spouse-hopping), but may not be aware of it.

Think about it: How much damage can one malicious/unaware male infector do? (Try to imagine the typical marriage path of a polygamous faarax- a wife and two kids in one diaspora city, a new bride in another, a previous wife and kids in a Middle Eastern city or two, and finally setting up a new houshold in Somalia - all within 3-5 years max).

How many potential victims? How many children born with the disease? How many destroyed households?

The man does not need to engage in extra-marital affairs. His marital ones are dangerous enough.

This is all estimation on my part, but I think it's quite close to reality.

AIDS would thrive in a society such as ours, where everything is concealed and denied and where a man can tell his wife that's its Anti-Islamic to use condoms or have an STD test and she would accept it (if she was even brave enough to request either in the first place).

Ignorance is always a woman's downfall, I think.

quote:

Aids is man-made.

Is that your final answer? You don't want to call a friend? Maybe ask the audience? Talk about stating the obvious.
---LOL Ahura….u think that was obvious...cool...ppl in my class were saying came from monkies, or jungle including the teacher...Listen u can list a million reasons why there is aids….blame it on our secret culture, brothers, polygamy, no condoms …..the fact is our culture, and African culture has existed for hundreds of centuries and ppl been doing it and doing it since w/out condoms no? And this new disease came about in the 70s….my opinion is its biological warefare against the black race which is populating at a fast rate….EU is decling. What do African villagers know….those hospitals with their nurses, needless can give the virus…..didn’t u hear of Bulgarian nurses infecting Libyan children w/ aids? Evil kufars...Africans shouldn't allow them to help w/out other supervision. Its man-made disease, thus it can be cured…..Africans should be working hard in this area more then others….this disease, malaria, and TB. Let us stop waiting for EU to hand us drugs…..we have bright minds…..put them use.

salaamun

-Lily-   

With all their natural plants, I'm sure they could find a cure had they the opportunity & brians to stop maiming one another.

Som@li   

Very sad indeed, UAE law requires both couples to be tested 4 HIV, before the Meher,engagement, and i reckon it is a great law, and this greatly reduced many pple getting infected.

How many of you are in favour of going under the test before getting married? Many of our community would see this as insult.

I remember once a couple could not wait for the results, and went to another Sheik , unofficial to prepare the Meher. :D