Sign in to follow this  
N.O.R.F

India abolishes husbands' 'right' to rape wife

Ms DD   

I cant imagine rape coming into the equation if she cant oblige one night. Having said this, a wife or husband shouldnt refuse each other, even if they are not in the mood.

Our religion stresses the importance of mutual sexual satisfaction between marriage partners.

Within marriage women and men will be able to enjoy a fulfilling sexual relationship that is each person's right.

But you are right. Forcing shouldnt come into a loving relationship. The porphet (saw) said "Let none of you come upon his wife like an animal, let there be an emissary between them." When asked what is the emissary, he replied, "The kiss and sweet words." In another hadith, the Prophet points out that one of the deficiencies of a man is that "he should approach his wife and have sexual contact with her before exchanging words and caresses, consequently, he sleeps with her and fulfills his needs before she fulfills hers."

But muslim women cant refuse her husband on the ground 'i dont feel like it honey'. This is according to prophetic traditions : "When a man sends for his wife for the satisfaction of his need, she should go to him even if she may be occupied in baking bread." (No. 284) Similarly, Muslim women are advised not to fast without the permission of their husbands since fasting would interfere with sexual relations (Dawud)

We cant pick and choose.

Ms DD   

Just to make it clear, One does not find any traditions that show the Prophet as an aggressive or coercive husband. Similarly, behavior involving coercion and force goes against the philosophy of mutual satisfaction outlined in the Qur'an and against the hadith which states that the best among Muslims are those who are best towards their wives (Riyadh-us-Salaheen, No. 278). Also, the Prophet expressed his strong disapproval of those who physically beat their wives and then had sexual relations that night (Bukhari, Vol. 7, No. 132, Vol.9, 81-82; see also Riyadh us-Salaheen, No. 274).

It is just that i am against the concept of refusing your husband/wife (if they insist), cos you dont feel like it.

Originally posted by NGONGE:

^^^ We're talking perfection here, are we not?

Husbands raping their wives is what is being talked about.I believe Perfection has no room in that situation .

Cambarro ur reasons for Women to abstain from refusing their husbands is Nice.Eh,the hadith is good,Now,no carawelo has the right to say no.Cool! :D