Sign in to follow this  
Ibtisam

Lion killer is killed by hyenas

Ibtisam   

A Kenyan herdsman who fought off and killed a lion, has died after being attacked by a pack of hyenas.

Moses Lekalau, 35, was walking home in the Maralal safari area north-east of Nairobi when the lion leapt out at him.

Exhausted by his struggle, he lacked the strength to fight off a subsequent attack by hyenas.

Mr Lekalau was eventually rescued by a passing motorist who drove him to hospital. He was airlifted to Nairobi for surgery but died of blood loss.

Mr Lekalau told doctors that it took him half an hour to spear and bludgeon the lion to death.

As a Samburu, he came from a community where it is traditional for boys to kill a lion as a rite of passage on entering manhood.

He spent seven hours in the operating theatre where doctors treating his extensive injuries were at first hopeful he would survive, but he had lost too much blood.

"Hyenas are cowardly animals that usually feed on leftovers," Kenyan Wildlife Service spokesman Paul Udot told reporters . "They must have been very hungry and realised the victim was vulnerable after the lion attack."

National parks in Kenya are not fenced off and the wildlife roam freely so animal attacks are quite common in rural areas.

Source:

BBC

I was in the Nairobi national park last year ,, ,show waaban sigtay :D

The story said HE KILLED A LION but he was attacked and killed by HYENAS ,,,

i think he would kill one hyena but since they were many then they can kill,

The Zack   

National parks in Kenya are not fenced off and the wildlife roam freely so animal attacks are quite common in rural areas.

Walee meeshaaseey kuma tago

My work permits me some movements lately ,,, but going to kenya and ethiopia is not a big deal niyow ,,,

No, i'm not coming to Telaviv coz adiguba wax kuma haysid :D