Sign in to follow this  
Sky

Vote For K'Naan

Its Ramadan Brother, and you are inviting us tor making that guy promoted through our voting. What if he get promoted and become like Ayan Xirsi? Are you going to be responsible for that?

^^ That's the silliest thing I've heard all day.

So must we refrain from supporting any Somali personality in case they become like Ayaan Hirsi Ali?

Are you suggesting that any measure of fame will turn a Somali against his people by default. Hear the brother talk before you say things like that. Who knows, you might come to admire him for being different.

And in case you're wondering, I'm not working for his publicity team. :D

^^ A prime example of what I am cautioning about is that a person like you would think that Fame gained through such means is bound to decency! Thanks for reminding my silliness, but remember that much of my silliness reflects your amazing Caqli, which can be anything!

Hey, by the way, Ramadaan Kariim. I don't want to spoil my Ramadan with a to-and-fro personal ratings.

^^ I'm not saying that fame is bound to anything. All I'm saying is that one shouldn't persume that all famous Somali people will end up like Ayaan Hirsi. If you don't want to support K'naan because you don't like him or you don't approve of what he does.... well that's just fine. It only seems silly to not support someone just in case he might end up like someone else.

Ramadan Kariim to you too

^^You sound like you are the kind of people who do one out of two things; either you support, or you don't, having no middle ground and room for discussions. Do you deny that most of singers and acters are the ones responsible for mass negative influences and deviations? To be honest with you, I wasn't even talking about Fame and so forth, I was concerned the detriments that came with the support of that singer. Even, in the case of fame, you can't ignore the fact that people misuse or abuse the amount of fame they gained against their societies. I don't want to question your thinking pattern, but my questions were very much leaning towards the issues of responsibility. However, I can tell you one thing for sure, a famous somali singer to emerge means thousands of Somali kids becoming losers by acting the same. Singers don't bring any good to their societies. In our somali history, we recall one singer who repented soon before he became very famous, and none of the youngsters at time followed his corrective footsteps, and that was Sulfa.

I think you heard his songs;

Ceel laygu ciilayaan la caatoobay, aan la caatoobay cayshkiyaan cunaayaan kasoo caagayee, aan kasoo caagayee....

Jabhad   

ninba ninkiisa haloo adeegsado waaye sheekada. just like divide and rule tactics of the british. keynaan is being used by MTV to showcase their bad influence into the minds of somali youths. My brother alla ubaahne was right by suggesting, be carefull of who you vote for in this case, keynaan might be ayan hirsi of the future or even worse.

Haruun, Thanks my brother for understanding that. My sister will hopefuly get convinced from where we are coming from, as she gathers her own facts to streigthen this issue. I don't know, brother Haruun, if you heard Knaan's attendance at one of the U.N. conferrences to speak about his music philosophy and the current fate of Somalia. Those people are already at work by framing this poor singer's mind, so that our youth becomes oblivious from their respective social obligations. All those famous Somali individuals have became an insult to our people, let alone good attributions they've tried to earn for us collectively.

Knaan turning into Hirsi. Ridiculous.

So what did Knaan say at this conference u mention, Alle-ubaahne? Why don't u try and convince the sister instead of hoping she sees the light miraculously? U'd be doing all of us unfamous ones a service since the famous are too busy doing us an injustice and can't be relied upon to put aside their goals for us nobodies. Darn fame and what it does to heads.

Sky you beat me to it, its been long day, this was one of my tasks, I’m glad you posted this ---- Let’s get the votes going people.

He was in Montreal this past Thursday and his performance was amazing, somehow after his shows a lot of people start asking questions about Somalia. We need to support this brother -- he represents Somalis, and supports our culture in the mainstream.

Sky   

I like this guy, Alle-u-Baahne (beautiful name by the way). And if your people aren't there for you. Who will? Trust me he's not like that bumperforehead Ayaan. This guy respects his roots which are Islam and Somalia. You should listen to his version of Carays Ciise Kaarshe's song.

Animal Farm, this thread should become a sticky (winks at Sheh). I'll be posting it on my blog as well Insha Allah; Golnuug

Foxy   

One wonders what Ayan Xirsi has to do with the subject at hand.....walee waa yaab......from voting for K'naan to ayan xirsi's social club critics.....

cheers