Sign in to follow this  
NGONGE

Chronic State Of Ennui

-Lily-   

Perhaps you could take a career break and do something you really enjoy? Most companies offer a few months/up to a year off while they keep your job open for you. If you have been good financially you can also negotiate a ‘holiday’ from any payments to your bank whilst on break.

That’s all I can think of. Good luck.

Don't do anything sxb ,,, you don't even need to think about it.

Take some pills that will make you sleep for 5 days then you will be fine. No eating, no peeing and no waking up at all.

Try that and let me know ...

Faheema.   

Originally posted by
NGONGE:

Done the gym thing. Done the holiday thing. I'm now on the stage of reading two books simultaneously. Was never fond of gardening but forced myself to do the garden these past weekends. Was never a fan of shopping but swept the high street for bargains that I eventually did not buy. Did the praying and meditation, thought about the meaning of creation, wrote and read what I wrote but none of it was interesting. I even got a pet that entertained me for a few months then got bored of me and went missing one night.

Should I swap jobs, should I change wives? Should I throw it all away and move to Peru to pursue my childhood dream of tending llamas and goats? How can I get rid of this immovable state of ennui?

Must be the summer blues.

I think Somalis called that Kibir, bal try imagining (if nothing else) not having any of that.

I hate to get on my self-righteous not-so-high horse, but it would be nice if you sounded the least bit grateful and said Alhamdulilah. smile.gif

NGONGE   

^^ So what should I do? Other than thanking god of course.

I did imagine not having it. Where do you think llamas came from? :D

Faheema.   

NGONGE, what you’re looking for is not really suggestions or ways to eliminate this Chronic State Of Ennui, but rather a temporary relieve of ennui. We all go through it, it’s part of life and you tend to get bored with all things mundane i.e. school, work and just life in general. You’re just over analysing it, which is what you do best smile.gif

So, relax and have a break, have a...

moroccanminttea.jpg

Ibtisam   

^^^I am going to tell if you even think about it and you shall get an early black bag :D

Neph; you are evil! :D Better hope no one says the same to your husband in a few years time.! :eek: