Sign in to follow this  
QUANTUM LEAP

Fried Jiikeeen

Just around the corner of my home, another fried chicken shop has recently opened in my local Neighbourhood making a grand total of ten within not even two miles of each other. There is seemingly a demand for this food, but why are we eating this mass produced Junk/rubbish. I read somewhere that KFC/DIXIES could not call themselves ‘kentucky Fried Chicken’ because in doing this they would be breaking a law because their chicken was not in fact chicken, but headless, featherless things that were being kept alive via the use of some kinda wires and stuff. Now whether this is true or not, you have to wonder how they can afford to sell their crap so cheap. As I passed this new chicken shop, A black female stepped out, she was with a young boy who appeared no older than five. The boy clutched his box of Fried chicken as if it were the best meal ever. I think we really need to think more about what we are eating and what our children are eating, this fast food diet that we have adopted could potentially lead to our downfall. I saw a BBC documentary, which told that in order to cull the black population in South Africa, drugs were put in biscuits and given to the female population under the pretence that they were offering sustinance to poor families. These biscuits were reputed to have made a large amount of females sterile. Do we really know what we are eating.

Recently too there was another BBC documentary on ways they mixed the chicken with some sort of chemicals in Holland.

Last year for the first time I saw ayoung mali kid with down syndrome and stuffed like turkey too. Now we better get back to our usual canjeero or else we r gonnas blkbuttkick.gif like many are.

I wondered where hot-wings originated cuz I've seen a whole chicken itself and couldn't figure it out where its located "is't under the shoulder or legs or where" it puzzled me quite sometimes...

Anywayz I've noticed the same situation where a mobile vehicles are nowadays being used to cook these types of chicken specifically "Hot-Wings."

And when you see the demographics in the areas that these businesses are blossoming are primarily those that are occupied by minorities and African Americans....Now think about it for a minute..?What's wrong with this idea and give it a logical answer to it.....It's not hard to come up with an answer that make sense when you ask or have conversation with a Instant Hot-Wingz Owner The response is Dude black or brown peep do not cook any meals at home therefore, they like going out to these kind of convenient stores and buy ready made meals whether its chips with OLD E, or whether it's hot-wings located next to the neighborhood carwash...

Peace

Love &

Unity

Cheeta   

You would think that parents would be wise enough to cook home based meals. The problems lies in lack of language skills and education so that parents can better live in these western societies without getting influenced themselves.

Another problem is that we really dont have must food varieties and the daily pasto and baris kinds of gets to you. I, myself hate fast food.

N.O.R.F   

Depending on each individual's diet, there shud be no excuse for not eating healthy. Ppl back home eat healthier, fresh meat, fresh fruit, climate. I'm so surprised at my little cuzins eating too much junk food, i been thru the junk food days myself, it aint healthy, but u yr diet does adapt to fast food.

In london, these 'fried chicken'joints 90% are useless, the chicken is delivered already prepared and frozen (dixy etc) whereas up norf its prepared like how its supoosed to, with all fresh goodies added there and then, hence, myself not going to many fast food joints down here.

U want quality food? two places, sheff and manchester,,,,,,,,, :cool:

Unfortunately we live in a world where the majority of people DO NOT WANT TO KNOW how their fast food comes about - just that it's easy to come by and very much available! I stopped all of that greasy nastiness a long time ago but there are some seriously intriguing publications regarding this issue. You first port of call should be 'Fast Food Nation' by Eric Schlosser. This book is a very interesting read and will change your whole outlook and perception of the fast food industry for as long as you live. Just to give you an idea of how the fast food industry works.....in any neighborhood where there are schools and colleges in most areas of the city have vending and have close proximity to Dixies, Kfc’s to name but a few.

This generation is going to be more prone to diseases like diabetes, high blood pressure, heart disease etc and remember that saying "YOU ARE WHAT YOU EAT". I for one wouldn’t want to be looking like the people on the series “FAT CITY!”

Curly   

Yeah it's like when you drink tap water you hardly want to think about where it's come from!

(yUCK! :( )But the majority of people know.

They say ignorance is bliss, and sometimes I live by that rule...lol

N.O.R.F   

Megalomaniac

Yeah it's like when you drink tap water you hardly want to think about where it's come from!

(yUCK! )But the majority of people know.

Thats just the water in London,,,,,,, :rolleyes: , i dont touch the stuff

Guess what i'm about to eat for lunch, Southern Fried Chicken,,,,,,, :D

nafta   

you know that is true, most of the time we dont question what we eat or where it's come from, and its because of our blind faith, they manipulate all sorts of food.

You know last i was on my home, and i always walk past this butchery. I always see loads of pigeons hanging about that shop, but on this occasion the owner came out of the shop and threw some seeds or something to them. They all came flying, pushing and stuff to eat the seeds, and before u know it he'd grabbed one of them and went back into the shop with it....Then this dude comes standing next to me and says "yeh he does it all the time, he butchers them and says its chicken" :eek:

And you all probably know that pigeons are the only animals that have got more bacteria liveing on their skin than rats...i didnt eat any meat for days after that and to make it all worse it was this "Halal Shop"...Ya Allah :eek:

Now i'm seriously considering to become a vegetarian...question every food, read every label, double check, triple check if necessary...trust none!

Lol that pigeon story made me laugh, funny thang is u have more cells in ur gut than all ur body cells combined so i wouldnt worry about bacteria from pigeons as long as you cook it, and there is nothing wrong with eating pigeons, but there is something wrong with lying and saying its chicken.

as far as the chicken sitaution, anybody who knows anythang about nutrition will tell you chicken consumption has gone 91% since mcdonalds introduced the beloved chicken nuggets. and too keep up with demand companies had to sort to extreme meausres such as rendered feeds(grinded remains for animals such as beef, chicken, pigs, fish etc...) growth hormones, and gene modifications, so they'll have more muscle mass. and as long as there is demand be sure to know the measures will not stop.

Islamically speaking i dont think there is an issue. however for those who dont care about what islams says, consider the ethical and biological ramifications this might have on your future.

Ewwwww! :(

Guys...if you're gonna eat out, a marginally better option would be to eat out at a nice halaal restaurant where they cook the food in front of you, rather than settling for that garbage.

Sue...

LoL...Are you saying there's something wrong with London tap-water? :D

Macalin   

Who cares as long as it tastes good...

I mean, we all have to get sick, become Sterile, die, turn around and get kicked in the arss sometime... might as well do it with a belly full of delicious "food-like" products

--------------

Now thas a DHUUNI's ATTITUDE....My kinda MAN...

Waxaan kucunin waa LACUNAA..Baa layiri!

SxB!....... Shaqsi....EAT WATEVER THA COMES UR WAY...Plus wats life with fried jikeen.

LOL i was reading a study abt japanese eating habits and for the first time in the entire life of japanese ppl they have amongst them....check this....FAT PPL(besides proffesional sumo guys!)...lol short fat japanese women then showed on TV..now thas a sight..thanx to KFC and its Babies..

Funny how some of you debating on what or what not to eat! and we are known that our ppl are starving for food back home..Just say alhamdullillah that you have something to eat and pray for the ones that don't have any..

I am not saying you shouldn't eat health, I am just saying think about it..