Sign in to follow this  
Nur

Hargeisa, A great Place To Live

Wow nice PICs ,,,, Eyl looks great ,,,

i remember it was August 2003 ,,, i was i Garowe and a friends of mine were going to Eyl for a holiday and they invited me to join them ,,,,, actually i had no time since i had to go back for my work next day ,,, so i couldn't make it ,,,,,

Nazra   

I Always get asked, "so what is the HIV/AIDS statistics in Somalia"?

My answer would be, "it's quite low since its a Islamic country and cruel punishments are given"

I had no idea, AIDS/HIV exists in hargeisa. :eek:

If you don’t believe me see article below. Now I know, I will not be going there. :D

HIV/AIDS commission launched in Somaliland

HARGAYSA, 16 Sep 2005 (IRIN) - Authorities in the self-declared republic of Somaliland, in northwestern Somalia, launched a national HIV/AIDS commission on Thursday which will plan and coordinate multisectoral efforts to curb the spread of the pandemic in the region.

The commission would also design strategies for providing affordable and effective drugs to those living with HIV/AIDS.

"It's real that the HIV/AIDS epidemic is in the country and already contributing to increased mortality, morbidity, fear, family disintegration, orphans, stigma and discrimination in our society," Somaliland's President Dahir Riyale Kahin said during the launch of the commission in Hargeysa, Somaliland's capital.

"Denial of the disease serves as a negative fuelling factor of the epidemic and creates an environment of more stigma and discrimination in society," Kahin added.

Religious leaders, women’s organisations, youth groups and UN officials -- including Christian Balslev-Olesen, UNICEF’s country representative for Somalia, and Leo Kenny, UNAIDS Somalia coordinator -- attended the function. Two HIV-positive people were also present at the launch.

Balslev-Olesen said the campaign against the spread of HIV/AIDS must have the support of leaders at the highest level and commended Kahin for his initiative. He pledged that UNICEF would support the commission.

Olad Omar, who is living with the virus, urged people in Somaliland to change their "negative attitudes" towards those who are infected.

"I urge Somaliland’s president to take the lead by establishing AIDS clinics and counselling and testing centres in other regions. I also urge the rest of the population not to shun AIDS victims because that leads to stigmatisation and more suffering," Omar said.

The president, who appointed 14 members drawn from governmental and nongovernmental organisations, civil society groups, the religious sector and the HIV-positive community, will chair the National AIDS Commission. It will have a full-time secretariat headed by an executive secretary, Muse Kassim Omar.

The commission's mandate includes information dissemination, documentation, planning and monitoring and evaluation.

The spread of HIV/AIDS in Somaliland has been partly blamed on poor access to voluntary counselling services, denial, stigma and late treatment.

The prevalence rate in Somaliland among pregnant women aged 15 to 49 years is estimated at 1.4 percent. There are no precise figures on the number of people living with HIV/AIDS.

Somaliland declared itself independent from Somalia following the collapse of the regime of Muhammad Siyad Barre in 1991. The breakaway republic is not internationally recognised.

[ENDS]

Source: www.hiiraan.com

How Scary!

Originally posted by Nazra:

I had no idea, AIDS/HIV exists in hargeisa. :eek:

Now I know, I will not be going there.
:D

Nazra: HIV/AIDS exists everywhere ,,,, u were wrong to believe that it doesn't exist in Hargeisa in da first place.

Second: HIV/AIDS is not LIBAAX ,,,, just make sure not to have SEX ,,,, and da other stuff then u can go to Hargeisa :D

i went back home to hargeisa 3 years ago and mashallah it was great, surprisingly I never wanted to come back.

I also went to burco, boorama and barabara and buurta sheikh and mashaallah they where beautiful especially barabaras docks. I realy liked a hotel in boorama called 7 stars (I think that was the name) because that was the only hotel I have seen that had chicken and not only lamb lol.

Words cannot explain the wonderful experience of going back home so I advise all those who have never set a foot back home to book it as their next holiday.

LANDER   

Originally posted by Nur:

1. Peace #1

2. Morality and Family life ( tie -up # 1 with at least four other towns, thanks to Wadaads)

3. Communications with outside and inside # 2

4. Education ( Tie up # 2 with Bosaso, Mogadishu #1)

5. Business ( Ranks 4, after Mogadishu, Kismayo and Bosaso)

6. Climate # 1 Tie up with Marka Caddey and Ceerigabo

7. Friendly People # 1 Tie up with Mogadishu

:D ^ ,

Waryee how did you come up with this ranking system..did you flip coins for it or some, magalada Xargeisa wa #1 in everything, perhaps only #2 to Gabilay for tranquility :D , YES I said Gabilay damn it...no need to read it over twice.

Nazra   

I don't discriminate, but what happens if i get married to farah from hargeisa???

What are my chances??? and what about my kids aaaaah???

:eek: Na'mean jacaylbaro

I'll stick to re-building xamar,,, and stay away from the HIV at the mean time smile.gif

(Since i plan to work in the health field)

This is not to offend any somalilanderz here or elsewhere :D

Muhammad   

Originally posted by Jacaylbaro:

Mustafa X ismaaciil is doing fine ,,, he is still giving his muxaadarooyin from here to there ,,, nice sheikh ,,,,,

yes, I love the sheikh! smile.gif

Masha'Allah

Nazra

Don't get insulted but are you normally like that? :confused:

As for you question, the chance of contracting HIV/AIDS in Hargeisa by marriage, is the same as the chance of contracting HIV/AIDS by marrying Farah from anywhere. I hope you understood where I am coming from.

Naasir   

I don't know about 6 and 7.

My be I will consider Sheekh, reside on top of the mountain read my Qur'an and mary 2 more wives(Ika cas) plus my 2 other wives from (Marka Cadey Minan Ow Cusman, Martidi Mooda Munaafaq)

Nur   

Nassir

There goes a great plan, two more wifey is not such a far fetched dream, if you are serious, Hargeisa, like most of the fractured nation, women outnumber men by a factor of mor that one, when I was in Hargiesa, a complaint I overheard in a restaurant was that many Somali men secretly marrying girls from Hargeisa in what is termed a Mobile Marriage ( the man is on the move always), that is not healthy for raising good kids, we need stationar fathers, not Nomads.

Nur