Sign in to follow this  
Valenteenah.

Dodgy Agents Dubious Landlords

Nephissa   

If you hate it, waa qushigaa. From certain people I love being called Bishitta. ;)

I have a hard time answering to Bishaaro now, just like my "real name" and when that certain someone says "HEBLA!" I know I'm in shit. I've been sweetie, darlin, or babe (I hate babe, I'm not anyone's baby cept my mama's) for so long.

Go ahead Atheer, call be babe :D. I can handle it from a senior citizen. :D

Castro   

^ No worries, babe, senior baad sheegtee waxaad doonto iigu yeedh. You know I loof you and for that, I don't need to be young. icon_razz.gif

facklexm   

Outside London you can find state of the art flat for £200per month excluding the bills, if you go to the student commendation service.

-Lily-   

I have a problem with this cash up front thing, in this day and age, why not use electronic transfer? They could easily check with their bank on mobile in your presence?

N.O.R.F   

You are dealing with Indians??? and you are still going ahead with it even after all the cr8p??? I have a thing about ealing with Indians and Africans, if they dont have a white face i walk out of any proposed deal.

Make sure you read the tenancy agreement before signing. If the deposit clause doesnt mention cash then you are entitled to give a cheque.

I will warn you, your deposit will NOT come back after you leave the property.

If you dont trust them then why go ahead with it?

[EDIT]I have just been informed that the landlord has let the property to somebody else for more money. I'm devastated.

They are such horrible people.

*Must not weep*

ElPunto   

^Damn - after all that. Sucks.

Well at least you have only yourself to look for. I'm looking for a new place but for the whole family - brother, sisters, and parents. And all of their wishes and desires have to be taken into account. It's turning out to be a big headache. Hopefully, God will lead us into the perfect digs(at an unbelievably low price!) soon. I'm tired of looking.

Even though u paid a HOLDING DEPOSIT?

Make sure u get that back BTW as they backed out.

It's all for the best, if they were dodgy at the outset they would have only gotten dodgier. U're better off.

Pick a reputable agency and ask, ask, ask questions before u start looking at places.

Don't let it get u down. A house is a house is a house. It's making it a home that matters- I hope u're now sufficiently oouucced enough to snap put of your mood. Have a good weekend. ;)

Baashi   

Glad I live in the land of honey and milk. I have been advised not to rent a car in London right and now listening what Valenteenah has to put up with I'm kinda having negative feeling about England.

Originally posted by Valenteenah:

[EDIT]I have just been informed that the landlord has let the property to somebody else for more money. I'm devastated.

They are such horrible people.

Must not weep

Its ok to weep,dear its therapy. They say,at first if you dont succeed,dust yourself off & try again. I mean its not like *IT* is the only flat[Flat kulaha,what ever happened to Apartment?] icon_razz.gif

Maybe kheyr baa kujira inshallah,perhaps Allah doesnt want you to be on your own yet[ah] smile.gif

Thanks for the kind words. Such a beautiful flat, I feel deeply disappointed, but it's lessening.

The Point, Ameen. I wish you much luck.

Sheh, yes am entitled to a refund, but they will probably try to wriggle out of paying it back.

Amelia, I was looking forward to lots of DVD & Icecream-rich sleepovers too. :D

Brown, LoL. Maybe. My father gave me his blessings but my mum and sisters were very upset (meant they couldn't smooch off me anymore), so they might have jinxed me.

Cara.   

Tough luck, V. They don't know what they turned down. I'm hearing all these horror stories about getting a place to live in London. How about a little ways outside the city? Might have to commute but at least it wouldn't be so crowded...