Sign in to follow this  
grasshopper

Britz on TVO

I think this movie you either hated or you liked. I've actually never watched a movie I didn't like to it's entirety, and I sat through this one till the end =). There some things I found a little hard to believe, but the movie as a whole, I liked.

Originally posted by LayZie G.:

I was disgusted the way the two siblings potrayed our religion.

First the brother was out clubbing and drinking up alcohol (1st episode)as though it was a norm, then lastnight, his sister was in bed with her boyfriend.(unmarried so called muslimah)

You were watching with your mom, oi! I was watching with my dad and all I can say for that scene....*AWKWARD!*

anyway, they definitely were far from being the ideal Muslims. maybe the film makers were trying to stress that the siblings weren't motivated by religion to do what they did. If the girl was pious and deeply religious she wouldn't have had pre-marital sex and I don't think she would have killed innocent people for her anger.

The thing that sent a chill down my spine was the last scene with her videotaped message. I've never seen a movie talking about 'suicide bombers' and it was interesting to see what they go through.

p.s. does anyone know how I can edit the topic? i want to add a spoiler alert :D

Blessed   

I didn’t watch this show, but I find it interesting that people were offended by their profiles. Is it fair / wise to expect all Muslims to be 'ideal Muslims?'. Muslims do have premarital relationships, they club, drink.. etc. Looking back the profile of the 21/7/05 'would be' bombers a few of them had criminal records and lived a life that was far from ideal Islam, yet they claimed to be waging jihaad on behalf of Islam. It's people who fit this vulnerable profile who lack personal strength, knowledge and understanding of Islam and have a sort of desire to redeem themselves (spiritually) that are susceptible to brainwashing from groups with a dodgey 'Islamic' agenda.

Having said that, I think Britons need to develop a sense of humour when it comes to Muslims. Whilst, you Canadians get the marvellous Little Mosque on the Prairie (I'm a huge fan), we get this and the cringe worthy 'Make me a Muslim'. :rolleyes: