Sign in to follow this  
BOB

The Faarax Of Tomorrow.

I was merely expressing my opinion on the little faith you have for the fathers and mothers in the Diaspora. If this was a joke, it surely belongs in the jokes section.

There was no bad experience on my end, if anything I was glad to show them that Muslims in the Diaspora still follow basic Islamic teachings. I was merely comparing your “Joke” to my recent African trip yaa BOB. I

Perhaps, I should ask. What compelled you to think that the modern Faarax will turn out to be all that you made him?

Bobby, who said the present farax isn't doing any of those things in your list? If we sat down and listed farax's flaws my wrist would hurt and the pen would be dry.

7-He will identify himself with the sporting team he likes and their followers instead of his reer hebel hebel tribe

Bob, I'm liking the sound of the future already. Why would I want him identifying with reer hebel when he can be identifying himself with his favourite sport team, whether he is a die hard 76er fan or an old time charger fan? Supporting the colors and everything, owing his own mug of his favourite team, making up a sports mobilia room full of framed, signed pictures, balls etc?

BOB   

Salam Aliekum W.W

I always find myself defending the dignity & the name of our people and at times I have to defend it against fellow Somalis but that doesn't necessarily mean I am more Somali than you are or the next man, however, I am not stup!d or naïve enough not to see their shortcomings and their shortcomings is what gets to my nerve most of the time.

Before you jump your gun, remember I'm not asking them to be perfect as perfection got nothing to do with it but I believe with all my heart that we can be far better than who are today and I trust that isn't too much to ask.

As far as I'm concerned Somali men lost the respect of their womenfolk and I don't see them winning their respect back anytime soon, especially if they don't change their ways.

We, as Somali men, have a dismal track record when it comes to gabdheheena and I will go as far as saying "Gabar walba oo Soomaali ah oo suuqa gashay, nin Soomaali ayaa u sabab ah" I stand by my statement until proven wrong.

Who caused this endless havoc that our country finds in itself? Nin Soomaaliyeed.

Who chased dumraka iyo caruurta from their homes? Nin Soomaaliyeed.

Who threw them overboard into the shark infested seas? Nin Soomaaliyeed.

Who spends hours chewing bloody grass like he was xoolo while his beautiful beloved sleeps in an empty bed all by herself? Nin Soomaaliyeed.

I mean, I can go on for the rest of my life pointing out how miserably we failed Dumarkeena but that's not my intention but I aspire to be part of the generation that win back the respect of our Dumarka and I'm willing to play my part to perfection just like how our fathers used to do back in motherland, brothers let's keep the legacy of Aabeyaasheena alive Insha Allah.

I'm a Somali man as well but if one of us fails then that means we fail collectively and vice versa marka walaalayaal that's all I got to say.

My brother Che...all I'm trying to do is make Faarax live up to his Xaliimo's expectations.

-Lily- you are setting me up. Lol I didn't know your Faarax was into sport..lol

Mejia, I give credit where its due and right now..i'm afraid Faarax isn't worthy of any at the moment.

Femme-Fatale...the Faarax of today is priceless like the MasterCard advert and you should be glad & proud at he same time.

Cynical lady...wazimu wewe..ati shopping. Lol

LayzieGirl...so Faarax needs to be obsessed with 76ers or he doesn't stand chance miyaa? Lol

Ole..thanks for the LOVE. I appreciate it.

Salam Aleikum W.W

Peace, Love & Unity.

"Gabar walba oo Soomaali ah oo suuqa gashay, nin Soomaali ayaa u sabab ah" I stand by my statement until proven wrong.

You are taking personal responsibilities out of the equation.I don't see how one could use other's actions to justify their own. People make their own choices, and whatever your average Faarax does has little bearing on that.

And brother, Somali women weren't innocent bystanders in the conflict that engulfed our nation. They fanned the flames of war by encouring their menfolk to fight the "enemy" . As kid in 1991, I used to see Dumarka dhulka isku tooraa saying Alla hoogayee ba,ayee, war meesha rag ma joogo miyaa scorning any young man that doesn't pick up a gun. And who could forget the late Magool (Alla Ha,unaxariisto) on top of pick-up with loadspeaker gabaabineeso young men to the frontlines. The truth is Somali women enthusiastically contributed to their country's demise.

Brother, all Somalis regardless of gender need to some soul searching!!!

Blaming any one side is counterproductive, and will hardly yield any favourable outcome.

Shakti   

"The truth is Somali women enthusiastically contributed to their country's demise" is that what u tell urself 2 sleep better @ night as a somalian Boy? oyeeeeee. this sure explains alot of things 2 moi

me   

Somali women should do their share for the country and stop blaming farax's for everything. Take responsibility.

They did adeer.

Our societal glitch continues to stem from the disproportional dominance of the deformed faaraxs. Look at the warlords, the human-smugglers, the tree-cutters, the checkpoint-manners, the waste-dumping-contractors, and the resource-looters. All are faaraxs!

What say you yaa Me?

Cara.   

Come on, Che. Somali women deserve some of the blame, but the bulk of the mess was caused by a few old men. We lived in a patriarchy, and in a patriarchy it's the young men and all women who suffer. Sure there were some women agitating for war, but most women had sons to think of. All Somalis were victims of the violence, but few women were perpetrators, directly or indirectly.

And in the aftermath, it can be argued that things would've been a lot worse if not for the determination of Somali women to take care of their families. The sacrifices they made are clear for all to see.

me   

Originally posted by xiinfaniin:

They did adeer.

Our societal glitch continues to stem from the disproportional dominance of the deformed faaraxs. Look at the warlords, the human-smugglers, the tree-cutters, the checkpoint-manners, the waste-dumping-contractors, and the resource-looters. All are faaraxs!

What say you yaa Me?

Whatever they did they did too little, females complain allot but I don't see them anything, too many Ayaan Hirsi Ali's these days.

Somalia is not owned by Somali men, I don't see Somali woman doing their share. Stop being victims and take responsibility.

^^We all complain alot adeer! Somalia is owned by somali men, particular wicked men--what i call deformed faarax! Speak to that truth adeer then we can discuss.

In the meantime two points you need to keep in mind:

1- Somali women did more then thier share

2-Somali women are not playing the victim card, they are true victims of the civil war.

me   

^^what have they done? please tell me?

Yes woman are the victims, but they should stop being victims and take responsibility, they should fight back! They should stop being silent, they should show us how much they love Somalia. At this moment I only see and hear young men and the young women are silent.

This is not criticism this is an INVITATION.

Originally posted by me:

^^what have they done? please tell me?

Your ignorance is coming through loud and clear.

Most of us are here today because of our mothers. We survived because of our mothers. Most of our relatives are surviving off the sole trading of Somali women and the money sent home by Somali women.

Despite everything, Somalia is still limping along today because of Somali women. They are the people getting on with improving their livelihoods, holding their families together and single-handedly raising their children while the men play at being politicians, gunmen and goats.

Now, please shut your pie-hole and go back to your political marfish, won't you? :rolleyes:

me   

^again I ask you, stop being so vague, WHAT SOMALI HAVE WOMAN DONE EXCEPT COMPLAIN AND HATE ON SOMALI MEN?

You don't have to tell me what mothers have done, I am asking you, what have you YOUNG XALIMOS done?

We have our Ayaan Hirsi Ali's and Yasmin Alas,etc etc.

I haven't seen one active Somali woman who has anything positive to contribute.

Stop complaining, you woman complain about not having enough rights etc etc, its because YOU DO NOT TAKE ANY RESPONSIBILITY, You talk about RIGHTS, but with RIGHTS come RESPONSIBILITIES, show us you can handle those responsibilities, Show us you love your country too, you love your people.

Stop blaming Somali men, because you are to blame too, YOU are as clannist, if the mothers stopped kids from learning clans, this clannism wouldnt plague us.

Once again this is not criticism its an INVITATION.