Sign in to follow this  
Nephissa

Hajj

winnie   

the thing is nephy... yr hajj can actually help you to be more committed in the deen.

you know you can make other duas at hajj right?

you know all yr duas are answered but Allah swt is even quicker to answer those done during hajj, right?

i think if you have the means, than go.

insha Allah if this one isnt perfect, than Allah may grant you the chance to perfect it another time, or he may be merciful and forgive you. on the other hand if you miss this chance, who is to say you will get another chance?

i think you're struggling with waswaas.

there is absolutely no reason a person should forego an act of ibada. especially shortcomings and sins, because its those very acts of ibada that will get you closer to Allah swt and distance you from your sins/shortcomings.

you think the power to wear hijab, or to increase your taqwa and haya is from you? it isnt, its from Allah swt, and He gives and guides whomever He wills, so ask Allah.

sister, its good that this is something you want to improve, but you're shutting the very doors you have to go through to help you.

its like a person who neglects his salaat and does haraam who by the grace of God knows he should turn back to Him and leave the haraam bt doesnt believe to have the will power or even the full commitment for it.

do you think he should reject salaat? an act that is obligatory? an act that purifies us on a daily basis? the daily act that connects us to our lord creator and master.

sister, hajj is an obligation, and Allah doesnt prescribe these acts in vain.

they are our means for success in the dunya and the akhira.

walaal, furthermore, no one is perfect. even the most outwardly commited brother or sister struggles with their haya, taqwa and obligations to Allah swt, but the most successful of them are those who turn to Allah swt with acts of ibadaah.

LoooooooooL@hotline to paradise but on serious note, Nephtys I know I haven't help laakin it seems you had an epiphany whihc is good thing, however you need to remember diinta is not meant to shackle us, it is to free us and keep us at peace-assuming that you have to meet a certain set of goals is just making the diin hard.There is no qualification to go to Hajj so long as you are sincere and willing to improve as Muslims. I think if you put preconditions, you are deny yourself the very thing you so badly wanna accomplish. I never used to pray and had millions excuses or preconditions not start praying, but one day, I just had to decide to do it and I'm better for it. Imagine if I would have said, I better memorize the Quran first before I could even think about praying. I would have never get there.

With that said, I can't believe I'm actually preaching about diin :D:D

P.S. I agree with Shaken, I think wiswis badan ku jira or either you are unsure of things. Educate yourself about things you are not sure. You are already the niyad and the will, just study and free your mind.

I will stop there :D

Nephissa   

Masha Allah, sister Sh&D. JZK.

you think the power to wear hijab, or to increase your taqwa and haya is from you? it isnt, its from Allah swt, and He gives and guides whomever He wills, so ask Allah.

No. I know it's all in Allah's hand and chooses whom to guide or misguide. I'A when it's my time, my heart will open up to my deen. In the meantime I'll keep praying.

edit:

Che, now you're talking! maxa saas kuu diiday? I was sick to my back teeth when I saw your little ménage à trois predicament in my "hajj" thread.

Thanks anyways.

Salama alaykum,

None of us are qualified enough in the diin to give you an answer on this particular question or subject that you have, so I suggest you ask a shaykh.

Changing your ways doesn't happen in a matter of days, weeks, or even months, you cannot put an amount of time on it. Allah knows when it will happen, for how long it will happen, and whether you will go back to your old ways. For he is the knowledgable, Al-'Alim, so your intention should never be thinking that you're not ready to change your ways but rather that you will take every day as is inshaAllah. Changes that stick with you are the gradual changes.

We all make mistakes, we're prone to going back to our bad old ways that Allah hates. But making du'a is the most powerful weapon of the believer, especially if you're sincere in your plea to Allah.

Good luck. ;)

Blessed   

Since reading this topic, I keep going back over my memory of umrah two years ago. SubhanAllah, my soul went to a place it has never been. I can't explain it, words will not do it justice. And it was only umrah. I imagine the hajj experience will be far more profound.

I'm just craving that feeling, missing it like my hooyo. :(

I say, go if you have the opportunity. Who knows, if you'll live to see next hajj or the one after? Hoesntly, you'll be glad that you did. smile.gif

Maasha Allah @ Shaken and Che.

Nephissa   

Blessed, thanks sweety, how are the little ones? smile.gif . Simply going to the masjids and hearing the Qur'an recited makes me tremble and shake. Subhaanalaah, imagine hajj!

One day I'A, I hope we all complete this pillar.