Sign in to follow this  
Nephissa

Hajj

Nephissa   

^ nothing morally impure, just pretty ordinary [fun] way.

I asked this q because I've just finished reading Abu-Salman's 'hijaab' thread. In it, it had this verse:

“O Prophet! Tell your wives and your daughters and the women of the believers to draw their cloaks (veils) all over their bodies (i.e. screen themselves completely
except the eyes or one eye to see the way
). That will be better, that they should be known (as free respectable women) so as not to be annoyed. And Allaah is Ever Oft‑Forgiving, Most Merciful”

Hal il inaad wax ka eegto hadaanad diyaar u ahayn, maxaa dhacaayo?

Aaliyyah   

Neph, am sure Allah swt will accept any good deeds that we act on. Regardless of whether we continue what we use to do or change for the better. Know that Allah swt is merciful sister. But, if you had the chance to go to haj and start a new page in life knowing that allah swt forgave you, and you know you have a new page to depart from. what's holding you back from changing?your creator forgave you despite of all the bad deeds you have done. He gaveyou a new start, new beginning...knowing that I would assume a fellow muslim person would be more than motivated to alter their ways so they can please Allah swt...

Wearing niqaab is optional most scholars agreed that showing your face and hands is acceptable. You just need to cover in Islamic fashion and you don't walk around with hijaab and tight jeans like i seen some ppl do. And, that you pray ur five prayers and that you refrain from the things that Allah swt prohibited. Remember Allah swt clearly said he doesn't enforce upon us things that we are unable to do.

May allah swt forgive us all and facilitate at least one trip to haj in our life time.

wa salaam

Aaliyyah   

^ you and your awkward questions...

am speechless!!

You are not suppose to have mistress or gf to start with from religious point of view.

I have a solution for you, marry your mistress. And, then you can pay for her expenses...and both of you can start a new page in a halaal way...

Someone call the shiekh :D

^But let's say you do have mistress and wanna the relationship that way-then what?. Does your good deed go un-noticed?. If I understand right, the topic is about the dichotomy of human nature vis-à-vis faith.

Aaliyyah   

lol@ i don't want to marry a mistress....lets clarify this was she your mistress before? or now? if she was your mistress before and now that relationship is done with. Then, perhaps you can get ajar out of helping a sister out. But, if she's still your mistress (what you are doing is haraam) and the fact that you have no intention of marrying her even makes the situation far worse.

walaal you lack the basic understanding of Islam. Get some knowledge inshallah.

^I was just making a point. There is dichotomy in everything we do, I think this is what Nephtys is trying to get at. Does a bad deed nullify good one. Perhaps the mistress thing looks obvious but more relatabl example would like listening to music while making Afur or watching half-clad women on tv right after praying?

Aaliyyah   

^ It depends on the nature of the bad deed. She said "just having fun", which can vary from one person to another. Maybe, she should clarify what she means by fun??...if fun is just hanging out with your friends and wasting time. That's something you should try to control and minimize other than that it's not a big deal..If it's however skipping a prayer, or having a mistress things that we know are haraam...and are examples of the major sins in islam..it's something you should avoid and change before you ask allah swt to forgive you. Allah swt knows whats in our hearts and what our intentions are so if you go to haj planning when you come back you will continue skipping your prayers, or have mistress? then really even if allah swt forgave you abt the previous sins...you're still doing them which in a way makes no sense at all. The ideal situation would be stopping them, and refraining from whatever those actions were for good.

salaam

p.s

Listening to music is also haraam. Even though most of us do listen to music. No one is perfect. But, we should strive inshallah to minimize that too.