Sign in to follow this  
Nephissa

Hajj

Aaliyyah   

True2truth that's so true. we were talking abt the haj, when did we start discussing mistresses and the like...subhanalah!!

it's all che's fault. He comes up with the weirdest questions...i dnt even know where he gets them. Like the other day he asked this weird question which i didn't even bother to answer. I was wondering whats up with him icon_razz.gif

True-LooooooooooooL..what's the point of repenting if there are no sins unless main existence is a sin.

Ootay Aaliyah

P.S. Aaliyah...My question is legit. You guys just got fixatated on the wrong part.

Aaliyyah   

so now when you asked the question what else was I to think, I assumed it was you. So, you are claiming you went along with it just for the heck of it......you wasted all my energy..saan iskulaha yarka wax u sheeg...

All for nothing. Next time you post something I will make sure I know its just another of your wacky questions icon_razz.gif

^You say I should know the basics of the Diin but thank you.It was just an honest curousity since that are two halves of us (the good and the bad one or demented in my case). I mean that sincerely!

Aaliyyah   

^^ You are wlc walaal...

There's an arab saying that goes " that religion is the head of wealth..." basically once you learn your diin everything in life becomes a whole lot easier....or at least if you are being tested even, you know something better is waiting for you in the here-after inshallah.

-----------------------------------

Working hard for something you want

is better than wishing for it

winnie   

you'd be surprised at what you do when you do it sincerely.

imo, if your hajj is accepted, you'll notice a change in your behaviour after hajj.

furthermore, if you ask Allah swt to make ibadah easy for you, He will, and before you know it niqaab will not only be easy, but will seem like a beautiful option. (believe me)

besides, the majority of scholars say it is not an obligation. there is a sound hadith of the prophet (peace be upon him) advising asma (may allah be pleased with her) to cover everything except the face and hands.

che, you paying for your mistress wouldnt invalidate her hajj (unless of course its a payment for her services, in which case it would be haram and invalidate hajj... money has to be halal), but if she left with clean intentions and a reflective mindset, dont be surprised if she leaves you afterwards.

hajj, when done correctly and with pure intentions wipes out all previous sins, dont you think the spiritual renewal will show itself outwardly?

from what i know, a good deed can invalidate a bad deed, but not the other way around.

it is possible though that your bad deed outweigh your good deed on the day of judgement and i seek refuge in Allah from such a faith.

Allah knows best.

Originally posted by shaken and deterred:

from what i know, a good deed can invalidate a bad deed, but not the other way around.

it is possible though that your bad deed outweigh your good deed on the day of judgement and i seek refuge in Allah from such a faith.

Allah knows best.

Maybe it's time we started quantifying these bad and good deeds. For example, drinking alcohol should be like negative 20 points(bad deeds), daily prayer(+20 points), so if you pray daily but drink alcohol afterwards then you just about broke even.

On a serious note, it's about intentions more than just performing good deeds mechanically and in order to please others, intentions/motives are not something we can hide from allah.

winnie   

Abu Dhar Jundub bin Junadah and Abu Abdul Rahman Mu’adh bin Jabal, radiyallahu anhuma, reported that the Messenger of Allah, sallallahu 'alayhi wasallam, said:

“Fear Allah wherever you may be; follow up an evil deed with a good one which will wipe (the former) out, and behave good-naturedly towards people.”

[Al-Tirmidhi relates it, saying: It is a good (hasan) Tradition. In some copies he says: It is a good and genuine (hasan and sahih) Hadith.]

ibn Abbas, radiyallahu 'anhu, reported that the Messenger of Allah, sallallahu 'alayhi wasallam, related from his Lord (glorified and exalted be He):

"Verily Allah has recorded the good deeds and the evil deeds." Then he clarified that: "Whosoever intends to do a good deed but does not do it, Allah records it with Himself as a complete good deed; but if he intends it and does it, Allah records it with Himself as ten good deeds, up to seven hundred times, or more than that. But if he intends to do an evil deed and does not do it, Allah records it with Himself as a complete good deed; but if he intends it and does it, Allah records it down as one single evil deed."

[Al-Bukhari & Muslim]

know that your lord, is the lord of the universe, both seen and unseen, and He is the most/intensely merciful, and the most consistently kind.

winnie   

btw, salaat, though meritorious and for our benefit in the dunya and akhira, isnt a good deed because it is a fard.

if someone however has been neglectful of their salaat and returned to Alah to establish it, the re-establishment of his salaat would be a good act, but everything after that is just about fulfilling your responsibilities in this dunya.

and Allah know best.

praying nawafil, or istikhfara would be a good cleansing act though.

Nephissa   

Thanks for your heartfelt responses everyone [minus] Che.

Personally, I don't think I'm ready yet. I feel the need to strengthen my deen and my relationship with Allah first. The way I see it is, if you're not ready to follow Islam in whole ie; wear the jalbaab if you're a woman [not scarves and skirts], not leave the house w/o muhrim, not work outside the home where non-muhrim men are, etc etc.. there's no point going to hajj asking for your sins to be erased if you're not prepared to do what is commanded of you to the fullest. Waad soo noqotay meeshaadii baad ka sii dhuratay, it doesn't even make sense.

May Allah make it easy for all of us.