Sign in to follow this  
N.O.R.F

Somaliland: Daallo Airline Introduces New Jets and Flights

nuune   

It is a noisy plane, all DC modules, but it beats the propellor planes, at least you get some comfort.

Good move by Daallo, with Suhura Airways, Cosob Airline and Xorriyo airline joining the market, it is a fierce competetion afterall.

Untill they clearly declare that Daallo will take me directly to my Tuulo, I won't fly with them.

Good for them, though. About time to retire those crappy planes from Soviet Union.

nuune   

^^ Ms DD, you might try Daallo Airline, they leave Gatwick, and only goes transit to Djibouti, not bad at all, check this, possible fare from Gatwick to Boosaaso:

From London Gatwick To Bossaso

-------------------- -------------------- -------------------- --------------------

Price overview per: Adult

Ticketprice (return):

(taxes excluded)

771.00 Euro

Tax(es):

(GB) GREAT BRITAIN AIR PASSENGER DUTY 46.35

(UB) Passenger service charge 12.98

(YQ) Fuel surcharge 92.70

Total tax(es): 152.03

-------------------- -------------------- -------------------- --------------------

Total price taxes and charges included : 923.03

Total per passenger category: 923.03

€ 923.03

Ticket issue fee € 10.00

Total price: € 933.03 so expect in £790 Sterling Pound, not bad at all

Here is your ticket itenary yaa Ms DD

Outbound Sundays 2009

Flight Number D3 0100

Departure 19:10 London Gatwick - LGW

Arriving 06:45 Djibouti - JIB

Mondays 2009

Flight Number D3 0773

Departure 08:15 Djibouti - JIB

Arriving 10:15 Bossaso - BSA

Return flight Thursdays 2009

Flight Number D3 0774

Departure 16:00 Bossaso - BSA

Arriving 18:00 Djibouti - JIB

Flight Number D3 0101

Departure 23:00 Djibouti - JIB

Arriving 06:25 London Gatwick - LGW Fridays 2009

RedSea   

A little competition is nice. Daalo, an original somali airline saw its monopoly in this sector decline at the intruduction of better, more comfy xorriyo, cosob and zuhura airlines. It had to act, and act fast. I'm glad Daalo is in the competition. It has done alot for the somali speaking people since its service started in mid 90s. Hope they continue to do well as they have.

Ms DD   

Actually Nuune.. I would never take daallo airline cos I was told "no TV"..for 7-8hrs!?? That is madness.

Now I wanted to know whether there was a competition against Daallo from London to Somalia? Cos weyna addoonsadaan.

Paragon   

^What do you need TV for when you are travelling with quarelling Somalis? It's better than SOAP operas.

*Buuf lighting cigarette*

'wuuuuf'

'war inaar sigaar inaga bakhtii dee!'

'Dee sigaarku qaraj baa inooga baxay'

'Dee walaal naqaskiibuu nagu dhejinayaa!'

'Dan iyo yeelkaa baan ku idhi'

another travller (man) joins

'Waar kaaga yari, dee waa rune bakhtii'

Smoker 'waaryaarahe, waar dee raggu kala gar daranaa?! Yaah!? Waar dee ma afkaygaad ila leedihiin?'

[heckler from behind] 'haa oo waanu kaa fudheynaynaaa afkuba'

Smoker 'Kaw! waar muxuu yidhi? iyaah? bal ku celi! Walaahi GACAN beey tageysaa baan ku idhi'

'Bakh bakh! Oo miyaad naga muruq weyn tahay hadaba?'

All the while MsD&D is shivering in the background with packet of hula hoobs in her hand, slouched into a corner' :D

Perfect Scene. Cut cut!

Smoker 'waaryaarahe, waar dee raggu kala gar daranaa?! Yaah!? Waar dee ma afkaygaad ila leedihiin?'

:D:D

Malag ilaah baa watee,wacdalle anan raacin Daalo iyo wax la nuucoda.

Hunguri   

Originally posted by Ms DD:

Actually Nuune.. I would never take daallo airline cos I was told "no TV"..for 7-8hrs!?? That is madness.

Now I wanted to know whether there was a competition against Daallo from London to Somalia? Cos weyna addoonsadaan.

Yes, Cosob Airlines will soon start its flights with the latest Jet and Airbus Tvs hooked up. It also has Vonage voice over IP wireless telephones hooked up. You can receive a call from a man heading his camels in the upper hills mountains of "Meer Meer-ka" !

Fabregas   

Originally posted by Ms DD:

They want people to read Ayatul Kursi and revise the Quran. no need for satanical tv. :D