Sign in to follow this  
Nin-Yaaban

Should drugs be legalized? The Somali opinion.

Originally posted by Nin-Yaaban:

GG you prolly got that off one of those sites that are anti-drugs. It's all lies, and mislead people with made up facts.

All lies, hmm? And how is that? Perhaps you have actually processed cocaine from coca leafs, and therefore know better?

Once again, Coke has some chemicals added to it during it's processing, but like I have been saying it before what other food product we eat has no chemicals in 'em?

You possibly aren't comparing all the hazardous chemicals in coke to food preservatives? With that same (flawed) logic, one could argue: "yeah cigarettes have some chemicals in them, but which imported apples don't?"

The gov't is making it worse by banning it, and dealers adding more impurities to what lil coke they can smuggle into the country. If it was legal, we'd be getting top shelf coke, heroin, Khat, and Geedo. Watch this documentary film called Food Inc. about the food industry and you'd promise urself to never eat supermarket food. Remember, everything they say is bad for you is really not that bad. It's all LIES! Few addicts are giving the rest of the responsible users a bad name.

Of course there is food that is bad for you. But even worst of food isn't nearly as bad as cigarettes or drugs, I can't understand how you can claim otherwise. And just because there are burgers out there (btw most shocking part of supermarket food deals with ethicality - the inhumane treatment of the animal, not the hazardousness of the food) it doesn't mean we should legalize drugs which are just on so completely different level.

Ismahaan   

The question of whether to legalize drugs or not is a very controversial and important issue. Drugs not only do they cause physical and psychological effects on humans, but also they can cause moral, social and economic harm. Bearing this in mind, we should always consider the health issues related to our actions. Thus, in my opinion all drugs, whether legal or illegal, can be dangerous and should be prohibited. Also remember abusing any drugs, in any quantity is not allowed in Islam.

Fu Fu I don't see why not sxb. Hadii eey adigaba murqahaas ee ku siisay, waa in qofwalba loo fasxaa. smile.gif

GG, no I haven't been involved in "processing" in coke, or even seen one. But you are missing the point, if they were legal and regulated it wouldn't be as harmful or have chemicals in 'em. O'right, let's take GEEDO which I am sure you are familiar with it, just how many people died from either overdosing or otherwise and compare that to the millions that die from everything that is "legal" that's pushed on us. The whole point of this is, why should drugs remain illegal while cigarettes, alcohol are legal and could be purchased by anyone? If someone chooses NOT to use drugs, it's all well, but why should it remain illegal for those that want to use 'em? You should really watch that documentary about the food industry, it's not just the "additives" or preservers that are put in everything which cause all types of diseases. Not everything your putting in your body is healthy.

MZanzi   

Fu Fu I don't see why not sxb. Hadii eey adigaba murqahaas ee ku siisay, waa in qofwalba loo fasxaa.
smile.gif

It's sad that "both sides" of the argument when it comes to legalizing drugs just bicker back and forth about pointless statistics and comparisons.

PS.Nin yaaban, I have never taken steroids or HGH but I might give this a try at the end of the year :cool:

Nin Yaaban, my friend. I don't know what Geedo is, what is it? Do you mean Khaad?

"But you are missing the point, if they were legal and regulated it wouldn't be as harmful or have chemicals in 'em"

They were legal and being harmlessly used by the natives for thousands of years before hedonistic westerners started processing it for "maximum enjoyment". So actually cocaine became dangerous and illegal because it became more and more harmful (by having so many hazardous chemicals added into it) by these hedonistic westerners. Do you think party people and criminals all over the world would suddenly start chewing coca leafs if cocaine was legalized? I think there would be commercial drugs companies creating even more powerful drugs, targeting it at even younger demographic and thus creating more addicts, crime and chaos and more profit for themselves.

Legalizing drugs would just trash the world more than it's being trashed right now. Drugs are not the answer (to having fun, celebrating, getting friends, forgetting the past/present or for whatever reason people use drugs), the answer is within.

I'm for the legalization and regulation of all drugs. No good comes out prohibition unless it is pursued in homogeneous societies such as Japan and South Korea, where shame culture and strict cultural upbringing do more to prevent drug usage than any feel-good law.

Blackflash;948135 wrote:
I'm for the legalization and regulation of all drugs. No good comes out prohibition unless it is pursued in homogeneous societies such as Japan and South Korea, where shame culture and strict cultural upbringing do more to prevent drug usage than any feel-good law.

+1

peasant   

Hypothetically speaking even if some of the illegal drugs are legalized, society is still bound to put on some controls and restrictions in place because not everyone is going to conform to a proper ethical use. As of now there are a lot of potent drugs that are legally available in pharmacies which can also induce similar effects as of cocaine but most of them are prescription medications and people still abuse them. The idea of, if all drugs are legalized everything will be fine and dandy and countries will not spend much of their resources on policing is just far fetched and more of an utopian.

Pro legalizing folks most of the times present their case from personal perspective and interwind their case with personal freedoms. There is a common saying among some of the pro legalizing folks "It is my body i should be able to do to it whatever i want". That is only ok if everyone's problems are only confined to them selves and do not affect society in large but often that is not case and when people get screwed up in the head because of a drug use they end up becoming burden on the state and on their families.

xabad   
I think drugs should be legalized with some caveats. Junkies should pay out of pocket for all their expenses when their addiction leads to health problems, employers & learning facilities should be able to discriminate positively in regards to junkies, same with landlords or whoever else does not want to associate with drug takers. My stance is libertarian on this and a few others matters, if you so eager to destroy your life, then by all means let the consequences by limited to you personally and don't pass the buck to society.