Sign in to follow this  
Katrina

An Open Letter to Maryooleey

Blessed   

Sayyid,

You made me lose the grip dee, you said it happened but she wasn't the age she claimed. I asked if it made the ‘molestation’ okay. Valid question. Don't bother responding to me though, I don't want to get too confused smile.gif

Fayruuz,

The source is a none-Somali official authority. (Minnesota Police). I don’t think they have any reason to lie. I know someone who was accused of rape before the case didn’t make it to court because there was no evidence. These sorts of things only reach the judical services if there is reasonable cause.

This kind of thing wey dhici kartaa and trust me wey dhacdaa.. but we always throw a blanket over it.

Anyway, I'm off to bed now, habeen wanaagsan. smile.gif

Sayyid   

You made me lose the grip dee, you said it happened but she wasn't the age she claimed. I asked if it made the ‘molestation’ okay. Valid question. Don't bother responding to me though, I don't want to get too confused

Blantant lie, I never said that it happened. I only said "when the incident happened she wasn't the age she's claiming right now"!

Maybe I should have added "alleged" to it in order to make it more "clear" for the likes of you but I guess the majority of the people in here actually knew my stance on this thread and case at hand!

Molestation, rape and even lying/fabricating/distorting and taking things out of context is in my books perceived to be a crime. Now get on with it!

Faheema.   

Blessed Walaalo don’t misunderstand me…I NEVER said wax dhici kara maaha…waxaas iyo wax ka xunba way dhacaan within our community and I did not in any way doubt the validly of the victim’s story. All I said was we are not the ones to be passing judgments….Since this case was published there has been endless attacks on both sides…iska dhaaf inta goor ay sheekaduna is badashay sidii kolba loo xawaasheenayey.

'ama call it a night myself. night smile.gif

Jacpher   

Sangub remains innocent till proven guilty in a court of law. Whether we support the accuser or the accused, we shouldn’t get too emotional but remain rational and just. Sangub will have his day in court and will be given a chance to do some explaining. The man appears to be a celebrity among Somali communities in the Twin Cities so he’s going to have supporters whom I suspect would support him on the basis of tribal affiliation. The case will continue to be controversial so don’t lose your cool.

I do agree we need cultural change on certain issue but I don’t think our tradition is worthless. The clan system goes back centuries so it won’t go away overnight. Awareness and education are the means to get rid of this evil class system that betrays our core religious values.

Sayid, Why bother participate this thread? Didn’t you call the case fiasco on the other thread a while ago? Your Islamic duty is to fully support Sangub and dismiss the alleged crime! Remember? Don’t be too judgmental brother and take things too personal.

Originally posted by checkmate:

Castro, now you get mad, when Cabdulaahi yusuf (yeey) got elected for presidency, there were several a huge parties that were held for his victory (the biggest one in the convention center, Minneapolis MN) where hundreds and thousands of people showed up for support. Few days later it was eid al-adha, and none of the Somali communities had enough funds to rent a hall to accommodate the prayer. Every one had to pray at their local mosque or pray with other communities.

Not the whole story saaxiib. I’m not a fan of Yeey but I don’t see the point you’re making in telling half of a story.

Sayyid   

^I take your advice brother.

BTW I was wandering also about the motives whereby someone said that people were celebrating the "presidential victory" of H.E. Abdullahi Yusuf Ahmad, I too couldn't see what the person who said it actually wanted to achieve!

Is he saying they should have not celebrated! On the other hand doesn't he know that they were celebrating not for Abdullahi Yusuf but for the successful completion of a two year peace process that took place in Nairobi and Kenya.

This guy has got serious and weird issues indeed may he be cured!

Castro   

Originally posted by Ducaqabe:

Sangub remains innocent till proven guilty in a court of law.

Funny you should say that good Ducaqabe as this reminds me of a Celebrity Trial Jury Selection skit where Dave Chappelle was a potential juror being questioned by the prosecution and the defence. Pay special attention to the part about R. Kelly (the rapper accused of urinating on a 15 year old on tape). Chappelle, making fun of the (in)justice system for blacks, shows how evidence, confessions and some such nonsense mean little when there are other forces at work.

Chappelle Show (R. Kelly skit)

Originally posted by Castro:

quote:Originally posted by xiinfaniin:

So an alleged recorded telephone conversation, and equally alleged admission to a police officer is all we need to condemn Sangub?

An "alleged admission" to a cop is called a confession, good Xiin. And what is so "alleged" about it, may I ask? Do you not think this is an authentic document? You can get the same thing at the county district court. May be officer Bernard Martinson who wrote it was clannist and is out to get Sangub?
All I am saying is let the old man have a fair court hearing. I don’t think that’s too much to ask. As for the my hesitant to call his alleged admission an actual confession, well you know, good Castro, how the legal system of this country works and it may as well be the case that ‘confession’ may not even be admissible as an evidence in the court. It could also be the ground of his conviction of rape. We just don’t know. Let’s wait.

To Ducoqabe

Posted By Castro:

Let me see if I understand this correctly, so a self-confessed child molester has the unequivocal support of the community and the people starving back home get a prayer and a shaking of the head?

To which i wrote (I never in million years thought i would quote my self)

Posted by Checkmate:

Castro, now you get mad, when Cabdulaahi yusuf (yeey) got elected for presidency, there were several a huge parties that were held for his victory (the biggest one in the convention center, Minneapolis MN) where hundreds and thousands of people showed up for support. Few days later it was eid al-adha, and none of the Somali communities had enough funds to rent a hall to accommodate the prayer. Every one had to pray at their local mosque or pray with other communities.

Hope that's enough clarity. smile.gif

I couldn't help but laugh out lout by what Sayyid Qutb wrote: (walaahi am still laughing writing this)

BTW I was wandering also about the motives whereby someone said that people were celebrating the "presidential victory" of H.E. Abdullahi Yusuf Ahmad, I too couldn't see what the person who said it actually wanted to achieve!

Is he saying they should have not celebrated! On the other hand doesn't he know that they were celebrating not for Abdullahi Yusuf but for the successful completion of a two year peace process that took place in Nairobi and Kenya.

This guy has got serious and weird issues indeed may he be cured!

Aaamiin Sayyidoow, ilaahey daawo ha nawada siiyo dhamaan. :D

Castro   

Saaxib Xiinow, the sad thing is, this topic is really not about guilt or innocence. It's a commentary on a social ill namely that of clannism. I read the police report and wondered if many people have actually read this. If so, what could posssibly make them think this is a libel case? And though I take you not as a foaming-at-the-mouth clannist, I'm afraid even if Sangub is found guilty that the cries of conspiracy, defamation and "questionable character" of the accuser will not go away from the mouths of many. The real question we need to ask is when does bad behavior not worth protection from the clan? As things stand now, there's no such limit. Any behavior is clan-protected.

Katrina   

Xiin letting the old man have his day in court is not too much to ask for as is letting the young girl have her day in court either. The court system, everyone else said before, will determine the outcome of this case but whats more important is the lesson. This is a golden opportunity for us to discuss and challenge each other. How else does a society improve if not by challenging one's faulty thought process or holding each other to a higher standard of morality. If we (somalis) continue on this path of recklessness (that began many eons ago) our society will cease to exist, eventually. We are busy rotting inside while focusing on trival issues. I posted this topic to keep the window of enlightenment open.

This isn't about taking sides. It's about bringing to the table an issue (among many issues)

that never saw light in our community. If we don't fix our problems who will? I'd rather discuss a community issue with fellow SOL'ers than what's my favorite perfume. There is more at stake here than if he will be convicted or not. I dare any of you to state this issue doesn't exist in our community. This issue plaques all societies otherwise NBC's "To Catch a Predator" would not be a series.

Katrina   

^Duh thats coz your sitting on that leather coach feet kicked up, watching the wide screen tv and laptop on your lap while I just got out of a mind draining 3 hr lab and am about to embark on homework!!! Mine has a finesse and flow that you have yet to display but watch and learn. :D;)

PS. Buster you better have more thought considering you've surpassed 2000ish posts compared to my mere 190! Shame on you comparing mountains to molehills!

Castro   

^ The most difficult clannists to get rid of are close family members. Someone who is a parent, an older sibling or a uncle or aunt. Basically someone you're constantly in close contact with and always displays attitudes and opinions that are dispicable. How do you deal with such persons? It's quite easy to look down on the clannist at the Starbucks but could we really face those whom fate has decided we share genes with?