Sign in to follow this  
Chocolate and Honey

BFF break-up

One of my college friends called me sobbing “ it is over” she said, “ she was more than a best friend, she was the sister I never had but she wont talk to me and she uninvited me to her wedding. It is a betrayal I’ll never forgive.”

I can sympathize because I have been there recently. I had to let go of a girl who was my best friend for as long as I can remember :( . We were together daily so much for so many years that people started mixing as together who did they see the other day? Who was working where, even starting calls us twins? Our mothers couldn’t even distinguish our voices when we called. Anyway, I had no other choice but to end that relationship because it turned into toxic and taxing relationship that thrived on drama (and financial strain).

But alxamdullilah, I was blessed with incredible friends (minus the one mentioned above) all my life and never had to deal with backbiting and betrayals. What about you girls? Have you ever broken-up with a best friend? Were you ever betrayed by a friend?

Ibtisam   

When I was young I had no female friends, in the last two years I made loads, so far so good alhumdulilah, I think most of them are too old for drama, backbiting and betrayals so I am not expecting any suprises :D alhumdulilah nice people. In any case I don't tell anyone anything that I don't want everyone to know, I tell everyone the same thing, that way if they ever tried to gossip, they will just have nothing to work with except for what is already common knowledge to everyone. :Dicon_razz.gif

Malika   

^ :D

C&H,markii horee laa isuumaa dibo to another human being,they are bound to disappoint you walle..It's happens a lot dear,to be betrayed.It's painful experience I agree,but do not dwell on it,she or her actions' do not matter in truth.

Sometime in our lives we all have pain

We all have sorrow

But if we are wise we know that there's

Always tomorrow

Lean on me when you're not strong and

I'll be your friend

I'll help you carry on

For it won't be long till I'm gonna need

Somebody to lean on

Please swallow your pride if I have things

You need to borrow

For no one can fill those of your needs

that you won't let show

Just call on me sister when you need a hand

We all need somebody to lean on

I just might have a problem that you'd understand

Lean on me when you're not strong

And I'll be your friend

I'll help you carry on

For it won't be long till 'm gonna need

Somebody to lean on

Just call on me sister when you need a hand

I just might have a problem that you'd understand

If there is a load you have to bear

That you can't carry

I'm right up the road, I'll share your load

if you just call me

Just call me when you need a friend

Just call me when you need a friend...

smile.gif

Indhoos   

^^^Aww.

C&H, it happens and at times, over the dumbest thing ever. Maybe your friend should crash the wedding, get herself in every picture taken and see if the friendship is forgotten so easily...It may work for her or it may backfire, it worked for me.

chubacka   

I once read this self help book that said you need to let go of any negative ppl in your life, ppl that jst moan and so on, and I did think it was a good idea at the time, til I realised if I did i would have no friends left and we would have nothing to say to eachother! redface.gif never did make it to the end of that book.

Anyway, as for betrayals and backbiting, reminds me of sunset beach. All that stuff was left @ sch and you jst keep those friends that are actually worth having.

Ibtisam   

Eng. Cadde & Khalid2, people tent to get busy in life and find better things to do in life, more pressing issues and life challenges. Who has time for backbiting and gossip when you are trying to just keep you head above water? Gossip and backbiting is for people with no worries and nothing better to do in life, far too much time on their hands.

C&H, get rid of depressing people or keep them at an arms length. Everyone has problems once in a while, but there are people who gloom and doom just follows everyday, 24/7, all year around. They are always negative. Get rid of them ASAP, they drain your energy, make you negative and bitter about life, you get sucked into a cycle of depression. Me, I like light positive jumping jacks, even when they have problems they laugh about it, get mad about it or cry for 15mins max 1day, then do something about it and then its is finished, problem solved.

NGONGE   

Cheer up, dear. You'll get married soon and you'll have to dump them anyway. Might as well get rid of the dead weight gradually.

C&H, get rid of depressing people or keep them at an arms length. Everyone has problems once in a while, but there are people who gloom and doom just follows everyday, 24/7, all year around. They are always negative. Get rid of them ASAP, they drain your energy, make you negative and bitter about life, you get sucked into a cycle of depression. Me, I like light positive jumping jacks, even when they have problems they laugh about it, get mad about it or cry for 15mins max 1day, then do something about it and then its is finished, problem solved.

I hear you hun hence my decision to drop that one friend.I have no desire to mend that friendship. There was no betrayal or backbiting(thank god) with me and her; the friendship just got too exhousting for me. I had no time and energy for no onelse in my life because she was forever "going through a rough time" and whats worse my support was not only demanded, how much I have given and how long it took me was scrutnized :confused: .

Anyways,this other friend of mine wants to fix her relationship with her friend but doesnt know how for the wedding is fast approaching.

Malika   

C&H,never mix friendship with finance,money is the root of all evil..It tends to cause tension among people,so no living off each others pockets I say!