Sign in to follow this  
LayZie G.

O.S.Y.A.A.T, The Movement: My First YouTube Video

Khalaf   

^Sxb, it was a pull to make u watch lol.

I am not trying to start a fight or anything, but the message and the poster are a contradiction i most say. :D Miss Bone Thugz, before you speak about changing youth and being a role model to youth, check yourself first and your attitude, which stinks. From your persona and behavior on SOL i would say u are the one in need of mentoring and help, attitude adjustment is needed, lack positivity and integrity, I can only imagine what u would write had there been no golden rules on this site. ;) but then again it could be just a "persona" online and you are compeltly a different person on the street. In any case this is a good initiative and wonderful that u care about the youth, the best of luck in your endeavours Insha-Allah.

Nephissa   

Good clips, Layzie G. It would even be better if they were accompanied by a mix of spoken words and poetry to get the OSYAAT message across, and the severity of the child warriors' situation.

Johnny B   

Originally posted by Khalaf:

I am not trying to start a fight or anything, but the message and the poster are a contradiction i most say.
:D
Miss Bone Thugz, before you speak about changing youth and being a role model to youth, check yourself first and your attitude, which stinks. From your persona and behavior on SOL i would say u are the one in need of mentoring and help, attitude adjustment is needed, lack positivity and integrity, I can only imagine what u would write had there been no golden rules on this site.
;)
but then again it could be just a "persona" online and you are compeltly a different person on the street. In any case this is a good initiative and wonderful that u care about the youth, the best of luck in your endeavours Insha-Allah.

Contradiction redefined?

Hi Layzie, I've read your comments in the other thread and I think your idea is noble. I’m just curious to know, what the aims and objective of this network would be? ‘Our aim will be to serve and better our communities’ is a little too vague. I dont really blv the problem of youths committing crimes against one another is that widespread.

Personally, I've come to the conclusion that the single most prominent problem that youths face in the Diaspora is education. They simply dont have anyone to turn to, to help with homework. The parents usually do not have the understanding of the educational system in the home country or simply cannot help because of other reasons beyond their control. Thus leading to the children failing in school, being secluded and not reaching their potential or feeling like a failure in life and choosing an alternative lifestyle - gangs and the black market.

I once contemplated setting up a network for homework help. This was when my sister was doing her GCSE's and some of her friends used to ask me to help them. And my sister would say to me that they weren't lucky enough to have parents or siblings who could help them and I should. It really broke my heart and it’s when I realized where these kids suffer the most - doing their homework on a regular basis.

I’m off home in a min :D , so in a nutshell, should you get your network get off the ground and get volunteers to join.. please include the homework help section. The volunteers would each commit to helping a single boy/girl in their area with their homework consistently and long term. This would truly complement your idea of helping ‘one youth at a time’.

Kool_Kat   

Babababa, LAYZIE, good for you...Keep it up, you know you got my support...

As Neph suggested, spoken words or poetry would go better with your message...I must say though, that Sam Cooke song is more suitable for your messagen than the hip hop beats at the beginning for the video...Now I am gonna have that song in my head all day, and probably be humming it...

'I was born by the river

In a little tent

And just like the river

I've been running ever since

It's been a long, a long time coming

But I know a change gonna come...'

Walahi, just hearing the first few words of the song on your video, chills chills chills...Very moving...

Once again, keep it up...

Emperor   

Women and generally girls are the backbone of any soceity, part of the reason we are what we are is you ladies :D

Hureey, lead the way, not to another failure thou :D

Gosh do I seem to be by blaming the sexy gender for anything bad, perhaps they are too sexy, dee waa caadi, wixi xunba xaawaa leh :D

Originally posted by Khalaf:

I am not trying to start a fight or anything, but the message and the poster are a contradiction i most say.
Miss Bone Thugz, before you speak about changing youth and being a role model to youth, check yourself first and your attitude, which stinks. From your persona and behavior on SOL i would say u are the one in need of mentoring and help, attitude adjustment is needed, lack positivity and integrity, I can only imagine what u would write had there been no golden rules on this site.
;)
but then again it could be just a "persona" online and you are compeltly a different person on the street. In any case this is a good initiative and wonderful that u care about the youth, the best of luck in your endeavours Insha-Allah.

Hahaha....Someone had to say it. I applaud you in doing so.

Kool_Kat   

Originally posted by Nephthys:

borrow what's his name's big wide wrap around sunglasses.

Ilaa iyo hada ookiyaalaha aa garbasaar iiga dhigtay...LOOOOOOOL@wrap around sunglasses...Ani waayaabee ma ookiyaalahaa weyn, mise madaxaa yar?Wrap around kuteh... :D:D

Laf Laf, now that you have gotten your repressed anger towards your cyber supreme queen-B out of the way, how does it make you feel?

Nephy, eedo, Oodweyne aka Mr regards has spoken, ee war maba kuu yaalo.

YOu should be preparing yourself for the enrollment of the "Etiquette 101" with Prof. Ngonge, ee get it going eedo.(don't let that cyber karbaash by Oodweyne weaken your good spirit, you hear? ;) )

Nephissa   

qaaxqqaaxxxxxxxxxx :D ! that was the stinkiest xaar I ever had the misfortune of smelling. Laakin, fan aan ka shitaa kuwaas.

Thanks for looking out for me.. ;) .