Sign in to follow this  
Business_Man

AMERICAN WAYS

Ever since, I came to the states on work experience, I have come across some desperate people and some very cunning individuals!!. I came across some mature unmarried ladies who would love to get married!!. The thought that strikes me the most is the fact that these women are all near 30 or over. What did they do in their 20's. Those lost years must have been wasted on following their career path or roaming the blocks.

Late 20 and early 30's women in the states are struggling to find mr.right!. They are so fast in what they do and eager to do anything to have a man around the house. There is always the trap of the child support agency that is here in USA that puts alot of single men off seeking women. Men have no rights here in USA!!. I never saw a woman shout at a man in public until I came across this couple arguing in a carpark. Damn, I wonder what the warlords in somalia will think of this :confused: .

Anywayz these are just some thoughts that came into my mind today while I was at work so if you got to add anything then please do so as I would like to hear your comments.

Adna   

salaama calaykum

walaakiis to say some thing or to add some, i personally beleive there has been lack of good streigh man i think that is why lots of women can't give them selves to a useless man,,, i mean you know i live the city that the most somali ppl live in, so i know and i see lots brothers with nothing i mean doesn't work neither go to school, who is gonna marry that kinda guy,,marka walaalo hala yaabin if u see a sis desprately need a man cuz ruurx walba needs a life. tankale i think every couple has they own respect not to shout one on other, marka walaalo i have seen more worest then what u saw. one day my aunt was a transilater then this young lady has argue or fight with her husband so she calls the three number, then the guy is in truoble so my aunnt aa la soo wacay jus to transilate gabadha she was like alle maxaan sameeyaa redface.gif cuz she doesn't wanna see her husband in a jail,,, whoes ganna listen then walaahi ma'aqaan waxy ku danbeeyeen but all what i know is she felt horrible after words,,, marka walaalo we have to pray for our ppl and our country. walaahi some times i fell sickness inside of me markaan arko waxyaabaha qaarkood,,, muchlove to ya'll smile.gif

Xafsa   

I don't think they've wasted their time during their 20's...It just goes to show you the quality of the somali men these days...I'm sure if she had found nin qulma she would have been married.

And shouting at a man? What?... men are now above reproach? And why would you want to know what the warlords would think...what are they?.. an Authority on morals?

peace and luv

Abdinuur   

THIS IS SOOO FUNNY!...LOL....BUT NO IT'S A SERIOUS BUSINESS.

I think the main problem facing some people is the lack of communications. I mean...admit it, dont you hear rumors and make assumptions about people based on those rummors you hear. That's the mentallity some Somali ppl have. Let's face it. If we're being honest to ourselves, I think there wouldnt be any misfortunes.

Besides, there's a lot of pressure on marriage nowadays. It's not an easy thing you can do you know. It takes a village to create a marriage (if that sounds okay to you).

Why some women marry or seek marriage latein their life?...maybe they have a lot of responsibilities like taking care of families back home (somalia), finishing up school (college I hope), or some other silly or not so silly reasons.

Quotes from another topic:

-Wiil faan-badan iyo gabar fadhi-weynba guur xumaa u dambeyso

-Silac ku noolow sodon-guursi baa dhaanta

-waynaanto lamaguursado, waadi lama harsado, warna lamasiico.

Originally posted by Mr.Millenium:

There is always the trap of the child support agency that is here in USA that puts alot of single men off seeking women. Men have no rights here in USA!!.

Well, if some somali men are not going to support their children as it is required in Islam, then there has to be LAWS!!! It's not about the US and Child support agencies. It's about how men forget they have children ones there is a divorce or children out of wedlock!

I never saw a woman shout at a man in public until I came across this couple arguing in a carpark.

Oh my god, somalis will have a field day with this one :rolleyes: :rolleyes: that a WOMAN ...a lil ol' WOMAN ..shouted at a MAN....oh such blasphemy! unheard of ! How dare she...!!!! The nerve of her.. :eek: :eek:

Kool_Kat   

I am not even sure what the Poster is trying to get accross...Confused the Hell out of me...

If a woman is not ready to get married in her 20's or early 30's, I sure there are reasons...

May be cuz, she didn't want get married...

May be cuz, Ilaahay amarkiis...

and some more thoughts, but i have to collect them and get back to you...

Ohh yeah, and what abou the Warlords?

PS, may be she's yelling at him cuz she knows the "WARLORDS" aren't around!!! ***hint hint*** Jiniba miyirkiisuu qabaa...

Excuse me, I have some Yelling to do!!!looooooooool

king_450   

amazing to see a sister blashes out brothers, imagine if your great mom, or dad insisted that they will not marry unless the partner had what is called now days, a Degrees. You will not have been here writing such words, by the way a good man is not always one who has degree, and if i may ask what city are u in , where u have a lot of drop outs, name the city plz, so i might move in. lol

Adna   

SALAAMA CALAYKUM

DON'T GOT ME WRONG :D , I didn't said the good man is only the man who has what is called a(DEGREES), also ur right if my parents would insist, that i wouldn't be here telling u the truth that there are many loosers then we need, but you have to admit that my prents or the ppl in their age were much muture and better thenwhat we have nawadays :mad: ,to be honest with u i love to see a good typical brother. i hate to say this but you would understand where i'm coming if u were where i'm in now. just a logical example if u go to one of the somali malls what you honest would see??? banaakiis there would be lots of guys standing with no reason to be there i wonder why they have to be ther? and plus some times you can't got on ur way out or in. I personally would ask u this Q can u tell me why this guy's would have to be standing ther and whatching sist's if they have some thing else to do they wouldn't be ther, so tell me why? so, king you need to have a logical answer, much love to ya'll

Everyone has an opinion and each of you came up with your own reasonings. I enjoyed the sisters responses as I think they are very interesting.

I also want to point out a very good point made by King, that Somali families make a degree compulsory for a man that wants to have their daughters hand in marriage!. No wonder we have a high divorce rate!. We need to match the right people together. Man where is islam these days.

I personally dont agree with marriages that suits a groom or brides families interests. It depends on the individual to decide who they want to marry!.

Although I have a degree, I still feel that I would marry the right type of person no matter whether they have a degree or not but the person has to have iman and good moral responsibilites.

At the end of the day this place is a discussion point and everyone has a point to make whether is sounds absured or not!!

Much Love

Millenium

Adna   

salaama calaykum

what i stili don't get it is have i ever said a decent man is only a man with a dgree???????? plzz i need to understand what is going on,,,, cuz i feel like both of u have agreed nothing that i haven't said???? so excuse u and read crefully what i have said???????

asalaamu alaykum,

I think the reason why many sisters would like a man with a degree is because having a degree puts one in a better position of having a good job. It's the natural assumption that a degree earns you financial freedom. Of course we know this is not always true, but this is the reason why women like men with degrees.

salaam

really, there's nothing wrong with a woman yelling at a man in a public place. just, that man is NOT going to be me. so smirk away, ladies :D

mr millenium

i've seen the women u speak of. its in the qur'an that they'll be soo many women in the world that the ratio will eventually reach 50:1. so, i suppose its heading there.

to the gents, perhaps its time to utilize that 4 wives opportunity ;)

I did not criticize you Assra, We just had our own point of views. I agree with your point but up to a certain extent.

Wind_Talker, I salute you man. I am glad you noticed what I was chatting about!! LOL.