Sign in to follow this  
Laba-X

The Cupid's Arrow hits Boorama..

Naden   

Just read it, seems like something of a raid was set up. Still not sure what the crime is but it is damn scary.

Originally posted by Castro:

^ Apparently the story has some elements of truth to it. Read it
, though xiniinyood decided to liberally report the details and neglected to provide the source to us.

Khayr   

^ Apparently the story has some elements of truth to it. Read it
, though xiniinyood decided to
liberally report the details
and neglected to provide the source to us.

Not long ago , you liberally reported the details of Al-Azhar fatwa from french sources.

Easy up on the brother!

Castro   

Naden, the last sentence of the report says many parents of the kids want to know under what laws the kids were sentenced. Probably something to do with decency laws. And the maximum sentence I read was 6 months not 8 years.

Interestingly, if the party was under the guise of "sagootin", i.e. sending someone travelling overseas off, it would probably be ok. At least that's what the reporter was implying, I believe.

I'd love to see the Penal Code book used by the "Boorama Police Force".

Castro   

Originally posted by Khayr:

, you
liberally reported the details
of Al-Azhar fatwa from french sources.

I provided the source then. In fact, a few of them. And it wasn't a French source. Can you read son?

Maxkamada ayaa ku xukuntay 6 bilood oo dibad joog ah iyo 100 kun oo ganaax ah

Effing extortionists. :rolleyes:

Naden, I perfectly understand your point. Some of us do read. Drama-Sheikh Khayr is too fussed to bother comprehending. Otherwise I'd hate to think his 1st language is failing him. ;)

Jacpher   

It’s six months probation & 100 thousand fine (of course in Shillings) not jail time according to Awdalnews. It has nothing to do with Islamic laws I think, just the court system of the current administration. It's funny how one parent said he can't afford to pay the fine as he is unemployed. I wonder what the police would do to the kid to collect the fine? 17 girls & 7 boys. I guess that explains why some sisters in here are upset with the rulling. Don't bash Somali culture. Valentine Day is shuqul gaaleed.

Thanks Castro for the link.

Castro   

^ That same unemployed parent told the police they could do whatever they wanted with his son. Now that's tough love. :D

Naden   

Castro,

That is exactly what I was curious about. How is this gathering defined differently from others? I usually have no problems with civil or sharia laws being adhered to if all members of a society are sufficiently warned of their existence and punishment if violated.

My guess is that there is no 'penal code' or else the reporter would have referred to it as the reason for arrest and imprisonment. The shaming alone of these young people and their families and for what?

Naden, the last sentence of the report says many parents of the kids want to know under what laws the kids were sentenced. Probably something to do with decency laws. And the maximum sentence I read was 6 months not 8 years.

Interestingly, if the party was under the guise of "sagootin", i.e. sending someone travelling overseas off, it would probably be ok. At least that's what the reporter was implying, I believe.

I'd love to see the Penal Code book used by the "Boorama Police Force".

Naden   

Originally posted by Amelia:

quote: Maxkamada ayaa ku xukuntay 6 bilood oo dibad joog ah iyo 100 kun oo ganaax ah

Effing extortionists. :rolleyes:

Naden, I perfectly understand your point. Some of us do read. Drama-Sheikh
Khayr
is too fussed to bother comprehending. Otherwise I'd hate to think his 1st language is failing him.
;)
Amelia, extortionists they certainly are :mad: . What avenues of appeal I wonder exist for parents to fight the sentences or the fines. None I am sure.

Hi Ducaqabe, where have u been maalmahan?

I’m not upset really; I just think there are far better things to spend time on than keeping a birds-eye on the activities of teenagers. Besides, there are far better ways to handle the situation than arresting kids and trying to publicly humiliate them. Worst of all – extorting their parents. How scandalous of these muttawa-wanna-be’s!

Also, the article implies that they generally don’t have any problems with parties or social gatherings but just that it was done on V-day. Opportunistic or what?

Jacpher   

It's probation as reported by Awdalnews.com, not prison sentence. Some of them are under 18 years.

Amelia:

I agree with you the fine is a little too much. It seems the police wanted not only to teach the youth a lesson, [which I believe is vital for their betterment] but also to collect a little something on the side. I think offering the option of doing some volunteer work, if such thing exists, would benefit both the community & the kids. I’m sure the whole thing is no more than juvenile behavior that almost every one of us went through at some point in their childhood. It does not deserve incarceration or huge fine, which could cause a burden on parents.

Goofkaanaa yaacsanahay. Admaa magaca badalatay! Yaakhey tu kalaan ku maleynaayey nooh, goolaa iga dhalisay.

Khayr   

quote:Originally posted by Khayr:

, you
liberally reported the details of Al-Azhar fatwa from french sources.

I provided the source then. In fact, a few of them. And it wasn't a French source. Can you read son?
Dailystar (lebanon) and the article was from

Agence France Presse (AFP) (FRENCH SOURCE)

Castro   

^ What was your point again regarding this? Forgive me, in my old age, I tend to forget. Ah yes, take it easy on the boy. Well, I would if he'd provide links to "news" he brings and keep his op-ed commentary to non-demeaning levels. That's all.

Laba-X   

And since when did having a party become banned in Somalia? I don't want to return to no Afghanistan.

...Waa La Noqonayaa, Walle Wa La Noqonayaa!

Castro, Odayohow waan maqlay inaad dhega beeshaye, indhahana ma ku darsatay? I thought the first thing i typed before even "liberally" reporting the incident was give the source!

Cuqdadna hayga qaadine, by "Iyagii bay Macaluuli dishey" i meant the whole Somali nation is living with meagre resources and here they are celebrating VD. Shouldn't they be more concerned with ways to better themselves instead of adopting cultures aysan awoowayaashoodba maqal wax kale iska daaye! a clear case of False Consciousness

As for the police, they should be concentrating more on the larger fishes than these youngsters - Mukhbaaradooyinka iyo qaadka macaamiishooda iyo dhibaatooyinka kaloo badan!