Sign in to follow this  
checkmate

BUDGETING

Ahlaan wasahlaan

ok guys here is the real deal, when it comes to badgeting am completely lost in more ways then the other. first thing is that i have always had a spending problem and the second thing started bout a year ago when my bank gave me a creditline of $1200 dollors in my chequing. how the creditline works is (there is money in ur account which u don't see,for instance if u hav $300 dollars in ur account the bank reciepts will say u hav $300 in ur account n $1200 dolars as over draft protection, but if u lets say decided ta write a cheque for $500 dollars now ur bank reciept will say $-200 dollrs n $1000 as ur over protection) hope that made sence.

Lately wheneva i get my two weeks pay, my bank tell me that i have $100 in my account ( which means the rest of my money got deducted to cover my over draft protection) my next pay same thing all over again (it's like am pouring water in a cup which is upside down hopein i will get some water in there ta drink from, but the fact of the matter is it has ta be rightside up)

ps: if u have the same problems please share, if ur a badgeter n have any suggestions please share and if ur a critic know that no one is perfect.....(including U)

asxantu

Jaabir   

waraa i got the same probelm too.. all of my credit cards are over limit now.. i just cant wait till i pay them off this summer and insha alaah kiss credit cards goodbye..

as for your problem,, i would gain more control over my pay check if i was you,,, homie try and cancel the direct deposit and get a regular check... at that time pay the urgent bills and ignore the one's that are no so urgent .

OG Moti   

Man we have one thing in common, and that is over spending, but this bank staff you mentioned i have no idea about you talking about except i see numbers and - sign... brother my problem is like this: no matter how much i get paid a month.. i always spend the same.. lets say this month i get paid $1600, i spend $1500 and if i am lucky the next pay check will come while i have some loose change in my bocket.. and if i get paid less or more i always spend 95% of what i make... and dont ask me why my salary changes from month to month.. it is confusing me too.. smile.gif

anyway my advice.. they say take the wisdom from the crazy minded... or something like that...

1. have two seperate accounts .. one dont touch it no matter what, and in their put one third of your money, and forget about it... dont touch even if the whole tribe back home send letters or telephones saying someone is dying ..

2. Pay your bills and then the remaining green cash no matter how much it is... devided into 2 and one part put it in somewhere in your house and call it rainy-days source..

3. I dont know man, stop eating in maqaayooyinka, and start cooking at home...

good luck .. peace

NGONGE   

I used to have the same problem years ago when I was a student, saaxib. But the minute I got a job and finally managed to pay off my overdrafts, I cancelled my credit cards and never ever been in debt again. Still broke though (it’s called marriage).

Most single people are big spenders anyway, so don’t panic; you’re not alone here. The girls however, are a bit better than the guys. They put some of their money into a Hakbad (Hagbad – what’s the right spelling for this?). You should too; $100 a month for a whole year will mean you’ll have $1200 to spend in the next year. You will need all of this when some young filly that will expect you to marry her in the Hilton ensnares you!

I’m not sure how bad things are, but if they’re really, really bad then my next tip to you, is to find you one of those huge bottles of mineral water (the ones you find in offices and the like), this time you wont have to turn it upside down (like your cup story). Keep the empty bottle beside your bed and every night when you come home from work, empty most of your loose change into that bottle. In a few months time you’ll discover that you’ve got a little treasure in that bottle (I once bought a car as a result of that saving method).

Honesita   

I realized about 7 months ago that if i didnt start working i'de drown in a sea of debt, and like my mom told, "waad waalan doontaa"...!! It was funny how i had no bills to pay but my cell phone bill and i was in a $7000 debt...i dont even pay my car insurance...!! My part time job actually paid nothing for me...!! So i applied for this fulltime position at work, i got it, and it was tough to handle full time school and full time work...but it actually benefited me in two ways, i was busy which left not much time for leisure and spending un-necessary money, and being busy actually leads u to getting good grades in school...!! I paid off $6000 by the first two months...!! With the help of hagbad (ayuuto)...and a small school loan that i'm not worried about...!! The relief and goodnite sleeps u get are unimaginable walaahi...!!

Truth is, we spend more than we have because our needs and wants r larger than how much income we make...!! So the first step we can take before reducing our debt might be seeking ways to increase our income...!! It might by getting another job or working more hours...!! Eliminating unnecessary bills, like cable, high speed internet, starbux coffee and eating out for luch....!!! All of those cuts are of course temporary, untill you get control over ur budgetting...!!!

Fellaz........please be wiser than to work ur butt off for a girls wish to have a hilton wedding......completely ridiculous idea...lol..!!

Good luck Xisbi...and all of those in debt...!!

Salaamz

It took me a while to figure out what "badgeting" meant!

So as the Designated spell checker, I feel inclined to correct such a big error.

Badgeting= BUDGETING.

*brought to you by DA Spellchecking Services*

OG_Girl   

I feel inclined to correct such a big error.

Badgeting= BUDGETING.

*brought to you by DA Spellchecking Services*

First, My DA big big Welcome.

Second, Your are life saver smile.gif

Salam

Jaabir   

we all noticed the big a$$ spelling error DD... we just didn’t want to damage Xisbi's ego by correcting him in public lol :D

Macalin   

Waraada-Asalaam ALeykum!

This is an interesting topic of discussion,even many consumer advocates are taking this up! Many banks are offering this previlage which was previously for ‘special members….Banks are coming up with more ways to generate income since lending has been significantly been reduced,thus sliming the profit margins-And overdraft protection,which in layman’s terms,typically transfers money from other accounts or line of credits,when a bank account’s balance becomes a ‘0’, is one of many ways these financial instituitions are targeting ppl who live on paycheck to paycheck(read: IMMIGRANTS)-anyways that’s mumbo jumbo to many folks in here-including ME

Mr asxantu,The first thing You should do right now,as You read this, is to find out if u have an option to EXIT out of that plan!@ ,then read the Fine Print in the ORIGINAL offer,(if you still have it-which I doubt)and see if you Your financial instituition AUTOMATICALLY taps in to ur PAYCHECKS(which I think from your explanation seems to be the case).the fine print in most cases,reserves the right not to pay a check-

The other option right now is to open anothEr checking account in another BANK,try to separate your paycheck and ur line of credit-they see a stream of cash flowing in and you are sucked into into it, Avoid unneccesary check writing, if you must do then be careful and always ASK and inquire abt FEES and HIDDEN charges!,they are plenty in banks MIND YOU!

Anyways,read the rules,read the fine prints,many financial institutions have different RULES and do not be afraid to talk to them, many banks know this is a way of making money and if you show them you know a lil KNOWLGE, they will (might) reconsider and waive off some fees!,Also if you have Not been askd to join the Over draft protection and they just enrolled YOU, you are entitled for compensation(some consumer advocates are working on)----

Anyways, Plan Ahead thats the KEY and always READ THE LONG FINE PRINT, it takes about 5-10 minutes BUT its Worth it!Banks Know that ppl are LAZY and will not read the fine print,and legally they are protected by law once You put ur Farax-xalimo ‘far jinni’ signature on it!

I hope that HELPED ADEER!..’Asxantu’..LOOL

*LOL* DA

Originally posted by Darman:

we all noticed the big a$$ spelling error DD... we just didn’t want to damage Xisbi's ego by correcting him in public lol
:D

Well, I just couldn't sit by and do nothing!

I like helping people!

Curly   

Now children lets not be so hasty, maybe this was a cunningly thought out pun on words by Xisbi.

However I’m sure you all doubt that but I just thought I’d bring that to attention! :D It worth a thought is it not?! :confused:

Curly   

Lol DA you can't say I didn't try to save the poor bloke some face, but aye you can't win all the time!