Sign in to follow this  
Cara.

Open Yale Courses

Cara.   

"Open Yale Courses provides free and open access to seven introductory courses taught by distinguished teachers and scholars at Yale University. The aim of the project is to expand access to educational materials for all who wish to learn.

Open Yale Courses reflects the values of a liberal arts education. Yale's philosophy of teaching and learning begins with the aim of training a broadly based, highly disciplined intellect without specifying in advance how that intellect will be used.

This approach goes beyond the acquisition of facts and concepts to cultivate skills and habits of rigorous, independent thought: the ability to analyze, to ask the next question, and to begin the search for an answer.

We hope these courses will be a resource for critical thinking, creative imagination, and intellectual exploration."

Link.

I'm currently listening to the Philosophy course on Death, and the Intro to Physics.

Cara.   

Equilibrium, my friend.

I would've loved a course on classical or world poetry, but I've heard highly of this one.

ElPunto   

^My least favourite part of my favourite subject of study. Classical? - you mean the greats? - Wordsworth, Yeats etc? World peetry - bah - don't yoi know - what use is it when the Brits alone will more than suffice.

This was also introduced by MIT a few years ago. it was called MIT open course.

Really good video material complete video lectures.I remember this really difficult course I was taking.

and by luck the prof. who wrote the text book, a lecturer at MIT did the whole course Free video lecture online.

the only problem is it is completely random some courses are offered and others ........

Cara.   

! - Yeah, I became smitten with Wordsworth, Keats and Shelley in a freshman Eng Lit course. Trying to read them on your own can be daunting.

LOL @ the world poetry pan. Someone once said that to me very very earnestly.

Geel_Jire, is the MIT one still available? It would be neat to compare similar courses at Yale and MIT, or even Haavad.

Jacpher   

I have come across some of the MIT & Berkeley free classes awhile back in YouTube. Check

he has lots of very helpful videos. Also see this Link he put together for more classes.

It was a few years ago, but it is still available.

some courses are audio only and some are video.

from what i remember it was done for Electrical Engineering department and the Business department. not sure if you can get other Art courses.

I used it as a substitute for going to the lectures, watching the video lecture of the man who wrote the textbook that is used in almost every university teaching this course. I learned alot.

dammit they have really great prof's over there.