Sign in to follow this  
General Duke

Shocking images info for Peacenow.....

Raamsade   

Originally posted by General Duke:

^^^

quote:

So, you see, you can cite any book or author you like, I got the facts.

Yes I quoted the "Islamic" independent.co.uk, as well as various western portals. you quoted Raamsade, thus we shall belive you, for you present facsts from thin air.
:D

lool. Duke 21: Raamsade 0..
I haven't even started with the independent.co.uk list. That will only compound your problems and I'm in a generous mood today... so quit while ahead.

So far the score is 4-0 in my favor.

Nice pics Duke! however, you wasting your time with brainwashed fellas who happen to be "allergic" to whatever good has to do with the name Islam. You cant knock some sense into them. Allerjiyada uun baalagu sii shidaa, thats the easiest way.

Originally posted by Che -Guevara:

Despite his hatred of Arabs or Muslims, peacenow has valid points to present, if he would only make case
intelligently

Truly agree with Che, hope PN learns from his shortcoming and look things differently.

N.O.R.F   

Sorry adeer, I rather take the words of learned western scholars to a self hating Somali.

:D

True :D

quote:

Al-Jazari's candle clock employed a bayonet fitting for the first time in 1206.

180px-Banu_musa_mechanical.jpg

excellent example Al-Jazari was way ahead of his time ... one of the best engineers history has ever known.

To Peacenow;

I apologise if this has been asked before on numerous occasions, but could you please explain to me the meaning of your signature

“A hairy arab coward in a cave is not my leader.

That is how low they are.”

You see i don’t want to speculate as to what it may mean when you yourself can answer i hope.

Whilst i agree with many of your sentiments with regards to the Arab world and their useless Arab League, could you please do yourself the favour of separating the actions of Muslims from Islam itself?

Many thanks

ailamos   

Despite the Duke's claims I have to give him some Islamic credit, the oldest continuously operating degree granting university is not Nanjing but university of Al Karouine in Morocco founded sometime in the mid-9th century.

People get very defensive when it comes to criticism of Islam, and I don't understand why? In order for this religion to "move forward" we need to critically examine it and not live in past glories. Please wake up.

- Was Islam a world force? Yes.

- Was Islam a beacon of science and advancement? Yes it "WAS". (with heavy emphasis).

- Is Islam a leading force in the world today? No.

Why? Because Muslims stopped thinking and started imitating, they stopped criticizing and started blindly following.

Putting fancy pictures of bright building is pointless.

In the UAE there was recent cases of employers there starting to systematically reject job applications of people from Somalia. How is that for your Arab/Muslim unity? And what about enslaving fellow Muslims in getting their dirty work done? Heard this story:

http://thelede.blogs.nytimes.com/2010/01/11/abu-dhabi-royal-acquitted-in-torture-trial/

Here to see the gruesome video: http://abcnews.go.com/video/playerIndex?id=7407186

My friend's family lived there until recently and they were not fortunate enough to leave the country in an appropriate time because they thought they had it good in a 'Muslim' country until the father lost his job (which he had for decades) to a young Emirati graduate.

He got fired after training the young man for six months. He was deported along with his family.

When I was 10-11 years old I witness a South Asian housemaid commit suicide by jumping from a 10 story balcony because of the mistreatment she was suffering from at the hands of her Arab employers. She landed about 10 meters from me as I was heading home.

Check this story of a similar case: http://www.nation.co.ke/News/-/1056/840238/-/vp9oc4/-/index.html

So please save me your nonsense about Arabs being our fellow brothers in Islam. If there was true Muslim unity, people like us would be flocking to Arab/Muslim lands rather than the West.

Originally posted by Raamsade:

I'm not anti-Islam but if I were, it is understandable. For being apostate (murtad), Islam calls for my death. Don't know about you but I sure don't wanna die because Islam says so.

Personally I wouldn't kill you, I'd simply have you neutered(if you aint already)... :D

By the way Raamsade, where you ever a believer before you decided being a murtad was cool too? ;)

p.s

'Islam' doesn't care whether you live or die. So quit exaggerating!

Peacenow   

Originally posted by Archdemos:

To Peacenow;

I apologise if this has been asked before on numerous occasions, but could you please explain to me the meaning of your signature

quote:

“A hairy arab coward in a cave is not my leader.

That is how low they are.”

You see i don’t want to speculate as to what it may mean when you yourself can answer i hope.

Whilst i agree with many of your sentiments with regards to the Arab world and their useless Arab League, could you please do yourself the favour of separating the actions of Muslims from Islam itself?

Many thanks
What you fail to understand is that at the moment what we are dealing with is a political movement. It cannot be separated. Though I'm a secularist at heart. My main concern is economic development. I want Somalia to be as efficient as Singapore or Finland.

I want overflowing highways, shopping malls, and Starbuck coffee bars. To live with this in one own's country. One can be secure and not be looked down upon by Europeans when you walk in their streets.

At the moment what we are dealing with is a system that will not allow the necessary development to reach this.

The arabs who have given us this failed culture look up themselves to the Europeans and Asians to develop,

Why don't we do that???

This is absolutely imperative to ensure that Somalis can walk streets of their own and not feel threatened by those hi despise them.

Raamsade   

Originally posted by ailamos:

Despite the Duke's claims I have to give him some Islamic credit, the oldest continuously operating degree granting university is not Nanjing but university of Al Karouine in Morocco founded sometime in the mid-9th century.

Duke's initial claim was that Arabs/Muslims "invented" mathematics and gave the world the first university, library and hospital. None of this is remotely true.

Indians were probably the first to invent the university followed by the Greeks and the Chinese.

That Muslims merely added the innovation of dispensing degrees to an already existing institution is hardly on the same scale of achievement as inventing the university in the first place, is it? After I've debunked these claims, he started to spam the site with articles containing even more outlandish aggrandizement of Muslim achievements.

I'm not denying or minimizing Islamic contribution to humanity/West. Anyone who does so is a rank nincompoop since Islam was a world empire equal to many other great empires in history.

The problem is Muslims, like other religious people, have "religionized" history. Since religions are largely based on myths, history also becomes mythical. Islam says Believers are the best of all living creatures. This translates into Islamic history being the most glorious and the most magnificent. Consequently, if you're a believer and Islam is true, scientific achievements of Muslims must be have no parallels. Unable to parse real history from mythical history, Muslims end up making ridiculous and exaggerated claims that have no basis in reality.

Mr. Somalia, are you denying Islam calls for the heads of apostates? Be careful in how you answer this question.

Napoleon   

It is quite ironic that when the west was experiencing the medieval ages, islam was at its golden age where science, and the pursuit of all knowledge was paramount. And we must as well admit that today, the islamic world is in its dark age's and regressing, where fundamentalists, and corruption reign supreme.

As great as the past might have been, what is more important is the future, and we as muslims need to worry more about the future than the past.

BUKURR   

Why there is a need to do any comparison General Duke? Bro, peacenow has legitimate views, it may not be all right, but its true in some sense.

We as Somalis do not need to fall victim for the African-Arab dilemma, Islam-secular attitude..

Understanding the problem and holding the stick from the middle is what we need to do.

There is a mental sickness in the whole middle east region, people living on the dreams of glory old days, and definitely you don't wanna be dreaming with them while the rest of the world is settling the far galaxies of million years away planets.. c'mon guys!

Originally posted by Raamsade:

Mr. Somalia, are you denying Islam calls for the heads of apostates? Be careful in how you answer this question.

Now how fair is it for you to answer my question with a question. Humor me, will ya?

Raamsade, the question I asked was... were you ever a believer of Islam in the past?