Sign in to follow this  
Baluug

Remembering My Shahadah Pt.2(My Story)

Malika   

Many of Us take Islam for granted,being born and breed within Islam we loose sight of how beautiful and fulfilling the deen is..

Alxamdulillah! Cadaan may you and all of us continue to bask on the ray of light of what islam is..amiin

The Zack   

True Jaceylbaro.

^ A friend of mine, Ohio Native, converted to Islam when he was 13 year-old. The amazing part of his story is that no one ever preached him to convert or anything, and the only way he found about islam was surfing up the internet and reading about different religions.And guess what now he is Khatib in different local mosques. Indeed Man yahidiLLAHU falaa mudila lah!

P.s. Cadaan, I can't wait to read the part 3 of your great story.

Johnny B   

^Before part III comes i'd like to ask you a question regarding the position of your old-you and your new-you.

Would it be fair to say, in your old-you, you'd the ability and freedom to personally evaluate and make a personal decision regarding life in general and your life in particular,without paying a-not-so heavy price, but ( 'God forbid' ) if you'd to make the same journey, this time the other way around, you would neither be able nor privileged to make that personal decision without paying a heavy price. ???

Laba-X   

Masha-Allah Libaan. May Allah increase you in Cilm akhi and keep you firm on the straight path. I have truly enjoyed reading your story brother and look forward to the third part.

Allahu Akbar!

Excellent thread Cadaan ....... these stories serve as an inspiration walaahi.

I remember a hadith (meaning) where the Prophet P.B.U.H was talking to Umar bin Khatab and telling him that the generations to come will get more 'ajar' for the good deeds they do. why ? Umar asked and the Prophet replied because you (Sahaba) were present to witness the 'Risaala' and the miracles taking place and yet not everyone believes .. imagine the generations to come who will only hear it as part of history yet still beleive.

the moral ... those of us who were raised Muslims do take it for granted as mentioned before .... but a convert who sought out,understood and believed .. truly deserves respect !

Baluug   

LOL oops, I forgot all about this, part 3 coming soon insha Allah.

Johnny B: I'm not exactly sure what you mean, but I think you're asking me if I were to turn away from Islam and go back to the way I was before, then would I feel it was a heavy price to pay?

If so, my answer would be that if I felt any sort of guilt or thought about the repercussions of my actions as a result of turning back to kufr, then there would be no point in doing so, because that would mean there are lingering thoughts about if I was doing the right thing or not.

I knew fully when I became Muslim that I was doing the right thing and to turn away from it without feeling with absolute conviction that it was the right thing to do, would be foolish.

So basically, if I were to go back to being a kafir, and be completely sure of it in my heart that it was the right thing to do, then no, I would not feel that there was no heavy price to pay, except for one thing: that would be the fact that i would never see my kids again.

Regardless, that will never happen, so I have no fear of such a situation ever coming up in my life, alxamdulillah.