Sign in to follow this  
Naden

Africans with gigantic balls

Naden   

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/africa/4726680.stm

How long do you think it would be before mercenaries hired by oil companies and their investors (a la Thatcher's son), guided by NGOs, supported by westen governments will go in and decimate them?

I am secretly and publicly rooting for them. If their people can't get the oil, then no one should.

Castro   

I'm only publicly rooting for them. Together with anyone that blows up a pipe or destroys a tanker taking the wealth (and blood) of the local people to the West. I agree with you. If the locals can't get it out, let it stay there until they can. You don't see "foreign" companies mining for minerals or oil in Colorado or Alaska, do you?

Naden   

Agreed. If they slaughter each other later on, so be it. So long as the grubby paws of Shell and Exxon are out of there along with their slimy multinational middlemen.

Castro   

^ Huh? Naden, I loved this part of the article:

The rebels recently blew up two oil pipelines, held four foreign oil workers hostage and sabotaged two major oilfields.

The group wants greater control of the oil wealth produced on their land.

Nigeria is Africa's leading oil exporter and the fifth-biggest source of US oil imports, but despite its oil wealth, many Nigerians live in abject poverty.

This is the sort of thing Che would lend a helping hand to had he not been murdered by the United Food Company, oops, I mean the CIA. :rolleyes:

Yeniceri   

About time the locals took up arms against those foreign parasites (i.e. oil giants) and their collaborators (gov't). Such a struggle reminds me of the words of Emiliano Zapata, the Mexican revolutionary of an era long gone. He said: "Its better to die on your feet than to live on your knees." I guess those locals are tired of living on their knees.

p.s. :D @ thread title.

Castro   

^ Remember Ken Sara Wiwa? He was hung by Royal Dutch Shell, oops, I mean the Nigerian government in the 1990s. His, however, was a peaceful struggle not unlike that of Dr. Martin Luther King. Here's the lesson boys and girls, whether you march in peace or kidnap foreigners and torch oil tankers, the end result is the same: they will kill you. Martin, Ken and Malcom were assassinated and so will Godswill Tamuno, the military leader of the Mend movement. Still, that should not be a deterrent to continue the struggle.

I think it was Lincoln who said:

You can fool some of the people all of the time, and all of the people some of the time, but you can not fool all of the people all of the time.

Naden   

To add insult to serious injury, Sara Wiwa was a poet, vocal in his defence of his people's rights and struggle and known in the world. Imagine the audacity of hanging a man like that to death. Imagine, then, what happens to the thousands not known.

Originally posted by Castro:

^ Remember Ken Sara Wiwa? He was hung by Royal Dutch Shell, oops, I mean the Nigerian government in the 1990s. His, however, was a peaceful struggle not unlike that of Dr. Martin Luther King. Here's the lesson boys and girls, whether you march in peace or kidnap foreigners and torch oil tankers, the end result is the same: they will kill you. Martin, Ken and Malcom were assassinated and so will Godswill Tamuno, the military leader of the Mend movement. Still, that should not be a deterrent to continue the struggle.

I think it was Lincoln who said:

You can fool some of the people all of the time, and all of the people some of the time, but you can not fool all of the people all of the time.

Yeniceri   

^^

Indeed, Wiwa's execution (along with eight partners) was such a tragedy. But neither Shell nor their Nigerian collaborators seem to care. However, his was a legacy none will forget.

Here's the lesson boys and girls, whether you march in peace or kidnap foreigners and torch oil tankers, the end result is the same:
they will kill you

Not necessarily, sxb. In the end, justice will prevail. Everything these conglomerates do is for short-term gain (i.e. assassinations). But the world won't end because of their injustice. Conversely, their injustices will continue to strengthen the will and might of the resistance.

Injustice isn't something new. Its been practiced throughout human history. Just like their unjust predecessors, these parasites' end will come, sooner or later.

Its the faith in this concept that makes people live another day, makes them carry on the resistance.

Castro   

^ How long do you think this latest "insurgency" of the locals will last then? It really is only a matter of time before overwhelming force is used against them. What does such overwhelming force entail? It entails using the CIA (or CIA trained Nigerians) to quel this uprising. It's the standard operating procedure in such matters. The CIA (and all of the armed US forces and their US-trained local cohorts) are nothing but debt collectors for US corporations. Or more accurately, the collectors of the pound of flesh. If these Nigerians find any success in disrupting oil supplies for any extended period of time or make oil prices rise significantly, watch how Nigeria will suddenly become a nation "close" to developing nuclear weapons. Then the marines (the amphibious debt collectors) will arrive to "spread democracy" and "free" the Nigerian people. :(

Naden   

Well said! They are debt collectors. My guess is that these actions, organized or not, will continue in some form or another for years to come. The CIA is probably impatient with these kidnappings and interruptions already and the oil companies are lobbying like mad to add Nigeria to the unstable, potentially ready for emancipation countries. African countries, in general, have been well controlled through mercenaries organizing/squashing coups for decades.

Don't forget to add the incitement of religious strife - divide and conquer - courtesy of colonial times as seen here: http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/africa/4728616.stm

Originally posted by Castro:

^ How long do you think this latest "insurgency" of the locals will last then? ........If these Nigerians find any success in disrupting oil supplies for any extended period of time or make oil prices rise significantly, watch how Nigeria will
suddenly
become a nation "close" to developing nuclear weapons. Then the marines (the amphibious debt collectors) will arrive to "spread democracy" and "free" the Nigerian people.
:(

Castro   

^ It's convenient that the churches (or mosques) would go up in flames whenever people rise up againt the oil giants in Nigeria. Similarly, there's a rash of church burnings in the southern US states right now. The FBI "vowed" to find the culprits. Yeah right. :rolleyes: My suspicion is this has something to do with FEMA, Katrina and how the lack of help for evacuees of New Orleans continues to this day. It's funny how religion can often be used to distract from what really matters to people.

Castro   

How about them Arabs with equally gigantic balls, eh? I'd have liked to see the oil production drop to 4 barrels per day. Mostly cooking oil. :D

Oil attacks costing Iraq $6.25bn

Attacks by insurgents on Iraq's oil industry cost the country $6.25bn (£3.6bn) in lost revenue during 2005, according to the Iraqi oil ministry.

A total of 186 attacks were carried out on oil sites last year, claiming the lives of 47 engineers and 91 police and security guards, a spokesman said.

Iraq's government has been struggling in the wake of a violent insurgency following the US-led invasion in 2003.

US officials say the cost of rebuilding Iraq could reach more than $56bn.

US Special Inspector-General Stuart Bowen earlier this month warned that Iraq's rebuilding was being undermined by continuing insurgent attacks.

Pipelines targeted

Most of attacks on Iraqi oil installations occurred in the north of the country, where crude is pumped through pipelines to the Turkish port of Ceyhan.

"Iraq lost oil revenues worth $6.25bn in 2005 due to sabotage on the country's oil infrastructure," oil ministry spokesman Assem Jihad said.

The attacks prevented Iraq from exporting about 400,000 barrels of oil a day, the ministry said.

Iraq currently produces about two million barrels of oil a day, mostly from oil fields in the southern and northern tips of the country.

However, that is down by about 800,000 barrels from production levels before Saddam Hussein's regime was toppled in 2003.

Violent attacks on foreign contractors in Iraq have also hit the economy, pushing up security costs and delaying reconstruction projects.

Source

Naden   

Right on!

This reminded me of my horror during the invasion in March 2003. I couldn't believe it, kept screaming at my TV screen: where is the presidential guard? where are the soldiers? Not even a single lowly, fat traffic cop to defend the downtown of Baghdad. I was on my knees in humiliation, dear god help us all.

Now I know where they are. Fight on and burn away, brothers.

Katrina   

^looooool, If ever one was to imagine Castro as a female it would be you, Naden. It's scary how you emulate or should I say remind me of his energy, passion, excitment and views...go gurl. Atheer don't make her look bad! ;)

PS. Poor Khyar :D