Sign in to follow this  
Baluug

The Patch

Baluug   

ASCWRWB all the nomads out there,I hope you are all having a Ramadan wanagsan!!

Seeing as it's Ramadan,and I'm not smoking for half the day anyways,I thought it would be a good time to quit smoking altogether.I realize that I probably wouldn't be able to do it "cold turkey",so I asked our Imam,Siciid Raage,if it is OK to wear the patch while I'm fasting.

He said it is OK because I am not trying to give myself nourishment or alleviating my hunger or thirst,I am not putting it in my stomach anyways,and I am doing it for a good cause(seeing as smoking is xaraam).

So I started last night and it's working real well!I hardly even felt the need to smoke,and only because of the habit of smoking at particular times,such as driving,or after eating.But I also realize that the patch alone isn't going to stop smoking for me,I have to help myself as well.So please everyone,wish me well in my journey to non-smokerdom,cause I need all the help I can get.

I advise all the smokers out there to quit now,because you don't want to meet Allah SWT if you died from lung cancer or whatever due to smoking,because all Islamic scholars agree that smoking is xaraam and most of them also say it is suicide,and we all know what happens to those who commit suicide,or at least we should all know.

And besides,you will breathe easier,and cigarettes are so expensive now,there is absoultely no benefit from smoking,whatsoever.

underdog   

Hold on, Liban.

I don't think you can wear the patch while fasting. Because it IS giving you something...its supplying your body with nicotine...which ia alleviating the craving for a smoke...I see that as being the say as putting on a patch to quench your thirst.

However I'm sure you can go the day without one, just focus on cutting down (if not completely) at night.

Not to mention all that passive smoking the rest of us have to deal with. Uff and it hurts us without providing us with whatever pleasure u smokers get.

Allah macak. Will power is all u need and there are no patches for that. smile.gif

I know someone who needs to quit.

Good luck Liiban. Smoking is a notoriously difficult habit to quit. But it needn't be hell with Nicottinell. I think I may have just committed copyright infringement.

Foxy   

Dude smoke till ur lungs pass out, it all up to ur will, we are just same lame *** nomands on the net, i doubt none of our advive would make a mere change to ur choice on whether U give up or not. Af far as I am concerened, U can smoke till hell horns the bell, its of personal choice, which I am here to judge, infact I recommend cuban cigars instaed of this shit U inhale, atleast those are classics.... :D:D

cheers

PS go hard out on what U choose to smoke out,,,,

Foxy   

Correction:^^ to the above which I am here to correc t, on the least ofmy worrying checks, in otherwords I am not here to tell U what to do, follow ur heart or brain which ever is quicker to function mate

cheers :D:D:D

NGONGE   

Within 20 minutes after you smoke that last cigarette, your body begins a series of changes that continue for years.

20 Minutes After Quitting

Your heart rate drops.

12 hours After Quitting

Carbon monoxide level in your blood drops to normal.

2 Weeks to 3 Months After Quitting

Your heart attack risk begins to drop.

Your lung function begins to improve.

1 to 9 Months After Quitting

Your Coughing and shortness of breath decrease.

1 Year After Quitting

Your added risk of coronary heart disease is half that of a smoker’s.

5 Years After Quitting

Your stroke risk is reduced to that of a nonsmoker’s 5-15 years after quitting.

10 Years After Quitting

Your lung cancer death rate is about half that of a smoker’s.

Your risk of cancers of the mouth, throat, esophagus, bladder, kidney, and pancreas decreases.

15 Years After Quitting

Your risk of coronary heart disease is back to that of a nonsmoker’s.

Source

I quit smoking a few months ago (using a combination of 24 and 16 hour patches). It was not that hard to quit. It all depends, I suppose, on how fed up you are with smoking itself.

Within a couple of weeks, I really had no need for smoking anymore. But, I continued using the patches for another six weeks. That was months ago (May).

Still, ever since I quit smoking, my entire body has fallen apart. I’ve grown fatter, slower and (believe it or not) unhealthier! My breathing has gotten worse (I’m told things need to get worse before they get better! Hmm). My voice is changing and is less deep (with Smoking, Barry White had nothing on me, now I’m more like Prince).

Smoking is not much fun. Being a former smoker is even worse. Take your pick, saaxib.

Sky   

Liibaan you are doing exactly what Ramadan was meant for. Self-reflection and trying to increase your Taqwa (Protection) from cadaabka Ilaahay by building up the Wiqaaya (The wall) between you and Allah's wrath -swt-. Wearing patches is allowed if it helps you abolish something xaaraan. Ramadan is not about being hungry and thirsty. Far from that, if your Imaan hasn't increased by the end of each Ramadan, you have missed the point of the holy month.

Good luck brother. I used to smoke a cigarette or cigar when going out, just to relax. Now I know better, thank Allah -swt-.