Sign in to follow this  
Suldaanka

Death row

Castro   

^ The meals part was morbid yet informative. I'm all for capital punishment (whether it's proven to work as a deterrent or not). The victims must get their justice. And to call the execution of a murderer "state sanctioned murder" is asinine. Where it gets tricky is when people get railroaded into death row because of poverty or race. In that case, life in prison is sufficient time for the truth to come out.

Not to borrow anything from Kashafa, but if someone hurt my children on purpose, I will kill them and look in their eyes while doing it.

Cara.   

Hi Castro,

I'm all for capital punishment (whether it's proven to work as a deterrent or not).

In theory, so am I. I just don't for a minute believe that

life in prison is sufficient time for the truth to come out.

How can there be time for the truth to come out, if one is sentenced to death? Not to mention that the truth has a nasty habit of hiding when the defendent is Black and/or poor. At the same time, at least in the US, Blacks are more likely to receive death sentences than whites. Blacks are also more like to be found guilty, period. They are denied appeals. In other words, the process from arresting a suspect to pulling the switch is incredibly flawed. To me, that's enough evidence to put death sentences on a moratorium. If we could get all the kinks out, and one could devise a fail-proof method of determining guilt, I wouldn't object, but anything short of that is a terrible joke.

Not to borrow anything from Kashafa, but if someone hurt my children on purpose, I will kill them and look in their eyes while doing it.

So would I, but that actually has nothing to do with death sentences. You are talking here about taking the law into your own hands, which is understandable but hardly approved by the state. In your case, there'd be a trial, and since you're black, you'd probably receive a harsh sentence, especially if you killed a white man. Go figure.

Castro   

^ What I should have made clear was in cases where there is doubt, life in prison should be used instead of a death sentence. There will then be sufficient time (term of natural life) to find the truth, if there is one out there.

There's no doubting the affinity of death sentences to blacks and the poor in America. It is important, though, to keep in mind mercy and compassion on the victims and their families is often neglected when years have passed and the inmate is ready to be put to death. When there's no doubt, gas the murderer within a year and get it over with.

Cara.   

Hi Castro,

It is important, though, to keep in mind mercy and compassion on the victims and their families is often neglected when years have passed and the inmate is ready to be put to death. When there's no doubt, gas the murderer within a year and get it over with.

There is always doubt. If you make a mistake, you can't exactly bring someone back to life and release them with an apology.

Castro

You are proving yourself to be a good seeflabood, that is why we always hastely jump to each other, but in all honest, why are you against the charitable deeds of those kids who were guarding the Somali seashore from the exploters, who then called us in their media as mere pirates?

Johnny B   

Originally posted by Callypso:

^ What would it take JB?

I thought of many senarios, still can´t find the minute that i could conclude "KILL".

You see Cally,It ain´t easy raionalizing an irrational act.

SeeKer   

Originally posted by Castro:

^

If someone hurt my children on purpose, I will kill them and look in their eyes while doing it.

There must be some closure that comes with that huh? The cold blooded vengence will definately bring them back into your warm embrace. Funny how after the death all that is left is emptiness and an eternity of rehashing it.

**Just a thought**

Kashafa   

Originally posted by Castro:

if someone hurt my children on purpose,
I will kill them and look in their eyes while doing it.

I like that. The most sacred duty of a parent is to nurture and, above all, protect. It's only natural. Try messing with a baby bear cub and see Mom's response.

In a just world, Catholic priests convicted of child abuse would be speedily marched to the gas chamber. Law-breakers(petty crime,robbery,fraud etc) you can rehabilitate, Animals(child molestors, ethnic cleansers etc) tho, you gotta exterminate for society's sake. How does one rehabilitate a pitbull with rabies ? Likewise, how does one lock up a repeat offender, say a rapist, and after 10 odd years declare him cured and release back to the streets. Where he promptly savages another tax-payer who was paying for his 3 square meals in prison. The irony. The never ending cycle of crime due to lax unenforced laws. Capital Punishment can only be effective as a deterrent if, and only if, applied liberally and carried out ASAP.

Rahima   

Smith or Howard would of have guaranteed more protest from both the Australian government and the people, but for the reason that it is Nguyen (even though he was born and raised in Australia) it matters not and all sleep whilst the days roll on to D-day for this young man.

This is disgusting and I truly do feel sorry for him. People make mistakes, drugs is certainly not a reason to end someone’s life.

I'm all for capital punishment (whether it's proven to work as a deterrent or not). The victims must get their justice.

I was for Cp for a long time,But i changed my mind when i found out that over 2/3 of the people on deathrow were black males. [& Yes it has everything to do with Race].

Half of these[black] men on deathrow were found innocent after DNA tests proved that they didnt commit the crimes they were accused of.

Racist detectitives, prejudiced public prosecutors, faulty witnesses & a racially unbalanced jury coupled with an already racially F%^%^D up judiciary system made men to go to the electric chair.

Untill otherwise caught red handed or irrefutable evidence comes forth, i just dont beleive that someone else shhould have that much power to kill someone else.

Till then, 'Life' it is for me. smile.gif

Cara.   

Originally posted by Johnny B:

You see Cally,It ain´t easy raionalizing an irrational act.

No it's not. I don't kid myself in my support of capital punishment by claiming it's a logical or moral act. But sometimes one is seduced by the argument from expediency.

Personally, I think the scenario I would go with would be mass murder or sadistic pedophilia, and only if I witnessed the crime or had other irrefutable proof. But I would also pull the trigger, not be squeamish and demand the state kill for me.

Nephissa   

The Death penalty is an easy way out. I'm generally against it. I think they should instead NEVER be allowed to get out, and their life be made so miserable that they beg for death and it should not be awarded.

On the contrary, I believe the only real cure for pedophilia is death. I'd shoot the sack of sh*t on site.