Sign in to follow this  
Member-sol-

i need help!!!

hey guys

i really dont want to be come a doctor cuz almost every somali person want that

anywaz i would like to her what you would've been or are or would like to be, also try to include why and what inspired you,

i need all the help i can get and thank you smile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gif

underdog   

Lil Sis,

the lack of inspiration is your conscience telling you the truth. There's too many doctors and engineers and bankers and teachers....

This whole education thing is overrated. do you really wanna spend the next 6 to 8 yrs lugging heavy books around and waking up early to run to a lecture that you'll fall asleep in anyway?

If you can read and write, you have everything you need. Don't stress and don't let the "world" pressure you into what you think you "should be doing".

relax and have a good time!

Malika   

^^ :D:D Xasiid saniid..Lol,but truth be told education isnt for everyone..huh?

Lil_Sister,

What are your strong points? Which subjects do you find interesting?,What level of education have you got now? What extra curricullar interests have you got?..intaasi soo jawaab then we can continue. smile.gif

What inspired me,were the people around me as a child,I wanted to be a diplomat but I have ended up in education..which is cool :cool: . Now I want to become an explorer to the vast universe..[in other words am ready to retire and potter in my garden]..Lol

okay where would i get money from to spend time having fun, anywaz i wanted to be a bussiness woman but the problem is that theres these stores thats very popular (walmart,sams club, ect...) whats the point in selling stuff that big stores have and are popular? i want i job i'll like and wont come home grumpy.

but thanks ya

okay where would i get money from to spend time having fun, anywaz i wanted to be a bussiness woman but the problem is that theres these stores thats very popular (walmart,sams club, ect...) whats the point in selling stuff that big stores have and are popular? i want i job i'll like and wont come home grumpy.

but thanks ya

Then go for what u like, why do u want to do something that u don't have the passion for. To be honest, I am in the medical field, u must have the passion for it, and u must be ready and must be willing to sacrafice ur time. What inspired was my mom who is a RN and friends.

another approach would be for you to throw out a list of a few possibilities ... you might find some SOLers already in that field who could give a more clearer picture of the +ve's and -ve's.

dont listen to 'education isn't for everyone' if you have the opportunity... pursue it. God knows we need more educated brothers and sisters who might make a difference back home one day.

STOIC   

Lil sister,

Unless and until you asses yourself consciously, all advise from outside especially the web would be deeply flawed since it is you alone who can decide what you want to do with your life. Your mind should be telling you what you want to do. There is nothing you can never attain or do if you put all your efforts to it. Your own decision will get you closer to the truth of who you are as a person. It is the choice you would make today that would be the main determinant of what your future would be. The more attention you give your choice the more energized you would be towards your goals in life. Once you find your love for any profession the rest of your life direction would be a game that you would be playing along. I also believe in the power of prayer. It is through prayer and hard work that you would find your dreams comes true. If there is no joy or ease of what you want to do with your life, you would be a miserable person-life would become a burden to you! Do not be afraid of failure as it would only make you stronger and closer to your dream. Remember Thomas Edison had many failures before he could invent the lamp. It is a great start that you are questioning yourself this early in your life. I would advise you to try to look around your family, friends, and neighbors. Do they have anything that inspires you? The experiences you accumulate within your surroundings should guide you as to what is important to you! I would not lecture you about the importance of education in this western world. I’m guessing this is something any person would tell you to do in order to participate in this current world of everyday new invention of ideas.

lil_Sister ,, You need no help at all.

Just go with what you like ,,,,,, if you don't like anything, then stay home and get married as soon as possible. :D

STOIC   

Lol@ DR Phil...Sometimes a labored long replies are worth.Ocassionally I may look the other way and igore some topics, but when it involves young people who need direction about their tangled future I feel obligated to make my replies longer than the troll corner. ;)

JB, stop giving the girl a tartly advice.You know all girls hate the word marriage :D

underdog   

Its funny how everyones telling the girl to "Do what you want" "Do what you like".... If she had an idea this thread wouldn't exist.

I'm assigning my self the Ambassador of Academic Ignorance. Success doesn't come from education. Happiness is not related to work. It doesn't matter what you do as long as you commit yourself to it.

underdog   

I'm speaking on the topic.... I'm not in the habit of telling people what to do.

...But you can go ahead and give her the user manual for life JB.