Sign in to follow this  
Baluug

A Question for all you Torontonians

Aaliyyah   

Waxaaba iigu daranbo public washroomka lacagta lagu ridaayo…

lol Kool kat when i was in sweden this summer, there was several times where I had to pay to go in the washroom, I had to pay like 5 kroners (even though that is close to nothing. the very idea to pay for a washroom was hilarious) and that was the first time aan arkay washroom lacag laga bixyo anba ;) over all though I had a great time. Sweden is a great place for vacation.

I haven't been to London yet, bt I am yet to hear anything nice abt it (from their small houses, and crowded streets), other than their many Somali social events.

--------------------

The world is nothing but a blink of an eye. Where the here-after is eternal

Aaliyyah   

^^^loool I wasn't aware of that sis. They didn't time me, or maybe I didn't take that long.

adiga dadka musqusha ku daaha ma tahay maskiina ;)

Nephissa   

Originally posted by Miskiin-Macruuf-Aqiyaar:

Landhan iyo Koronto idinka iyo aniga midba ma dhisan, dad kalaa dhistay. Ee ka kala yaaca meesha.

Now, tell me about Xamar.

Same can be said about Xamar too. Ka soco meesha laftirkaaga.

Xamar Soomaali ayaa dhisatay, marax waaxid.

Aaliya, pre-war Xamar, I believe, both Landhan iyo Koronto ayee hoosta gilinee since I had seen both cities. Then that is my opinion.

How was Iswiidhan horta? What I like Scandinavian countries is their bike mode. Meel walba bushkuleeti lagu aadaayo, with their own dedicated lanes. Waa dad hormaray, who understand baabuur xiligiis in laga tagay.

Som@li   

Tagsiile, hadba meel baan aadi waa laga fiicanyahaye, meel ku adkeeyso, nolola ka samayo, Soomaalida ku badan Toronto, af maaha, mise gidaarada baad rabtaa in aad istaagtid? Mida kala jil jileeca iska dhaaf, maxaa ku daba dhigay naag aad furtay?

Truck driver sounds good.

Blessed   

Originally posted by -Serenity-:

Sun = the type that gives ppl strokes.

Sea = Hardly available to the female masses.

Sharia-compliant = The financial sector isnt, Lifestyle certainly isnt...

tax free = no it isnt!

child-friendly... perhaps more than london.

Yaa, whaat? Who have you been speaking to? I need to start working on that blog.

Dubai doesn't hold a candle to London.

Well, there are areas where London beats Dubai, namely, human rights, public transport (no it's not a sick joke) and Dubai also lacks the depth and intelligence of the British capital.

However, apart from it getting very hot in the summer, which is when the majority of expiates bugger of to 'back home', I still stand by my list of appeals about Dubai.

KoolKat

LOL. Dee hadaad maqneyd, goormaan wax kuu sheegaa. Come, visit and I'll take you to the dirac shops, I find buying them is more fun than wearing them.

I guess what freaks N.Americans about the UK is that unlike those in N.America the Somalis in the UK largely depend of the caydh which translates to a less glam. Lifestyle but that‘s not the case for everyone. I honestly think that if you want to set up in western country and are willing to put in the work and happy to put up with the taxing, London (along with other cities) comes up top.

Kool_Kat   

Originally posted by Miskiin-Macruuf-Aqiyaar:

Landhan iyo Koronto idinka iyo aniga midba ma dhisan, dad kalaa dhistay. Ee ka kala yaaca meesha.

Now, tell me about Xamar.

Awhat, Awho? Maxaa noo kala yaacinee bisinkee...If i speak for myself, I've been in Canada longer than I have in Xamarcadeey...I grew up here, so now Toronto is my adopted home...Xamar hadey Somali dhisatay iyaga lee iska dumiyay, so really there's nothing to say about Xamar, now...As for the pre-War, aahhhh nothing comes close...But that is the pre-war, not now...

MMA, adi nooga sheekeehee Xamar...

Zenobia, mini-cab here I come... :D

Aaliyyah   

Aaliya, pre-war Xamar, I believe, both Landhan iyo Koronto ayee hoosta gilinee since I had seen both cities. Then that is my opinion.

I don't remember anything about Hamar. But, when I go through the family albums I am amazed at how beautiful it was. let's keep in mind though that was pre-war, and from the look of it there is slim chance that Somalia is gonna be built anytime soon. so lets not waste our time at how things were. However, lets add Somalia to our prayers, that is the least we can do.

Tagsiile, hadba meel baan aadi waa laga fiicanyahaye, meel ku adkeeyso, nolola ka samayo, Soomaalida ku badan Toronto, af maaha, mise gidaarada baad rabtaa in aad istaagtid? Mida kala jil jileeca iska dhaaf, maxaa ku daba dhigay naag aad furtay?

I Believe he wants to live close by to his family not necessarily to his ex wife, and hey if they could work things out for the sake of their kids maxa ka fiican. Not to mention that there are many Somalis in Toronto, that way if he chooses to be a truck driver, in his spare time he could always hang around the maqaahi with the rest of “fadhi ku dirir” lol.

How was Iswiidhan horta? What I like Scandinavian countries is their bike mode. Meel walba bushkuleeti lagu aadaayo, with their own dedicated lanes. Waa dad hormaray, who understand baabuur xiligiis in laga tagay.

Waa runta Sweden wa meel horumarsan qurux badan hadaad fasax u adasid. But, I gathered it is not good place to live in, most Somali men out there don't even have jobs, it is hard to find jobs I guess. That could be one of the reasons many Somalis moved to London to seek employment.

Originally posted by Dabshid:

Truck driver sounds good.

Waxaasa tough love la dhahaa! LOL@Jiljileec,walle Somalisanidaaa?

Tagsile,I made a major move in my life as well to a dreaded cold -40F degree weather place. At the time,everyone who cared about me,Hated the idea and condemned me for my reckless decision.But,Alxamdulilah it turned out to be better than what i thought. Partly because i worked twice as hard to prove everyone wrong,but partly because i knew what and why i came to this place,the only regret is i wish i had come 5years earlier. Go with your heart~ Move to Tdot(at your own peril,lol)...If i didndt live in Mpls,i would've lived in Toront0,Word up!