Sign in to follow this  
Baluug

A Question for all you Torontonians

Originally posted by -Lily-:

I would advise you to get any decent job and try to do a relevant evening course, in the long run this will improve your prospects and the quality of your life. That goes for anywhere.

Lily you've just read my mind. I am surprised no one else have mentioned getting decent education will improve your quality of life in the long run.

Hey Bro my advice to you is continue working while taking courses in the evening/mornings, time is in your favor now since years are now months and months are weeks. Skilled worker has always more laverage than unskilled.

Moving to small towns is in your best interest while hitting the books for the mere facts of no distractions. Yeah Yeah Yeah, I know you can't stay without your nomad peepz, but the fact of the matter is technology made it easier whether its via webcast or podcast.....or the classic BBC(Been Been Sheegto).

Blessed   

Originally posted by Kool_Kat:

quote:

Originally posted by Peplow throb:

U should check out London

Which LONDON, London, ON - OR - London, England...Either one, you ALMOST made me laugh...

PS, certainly no offence to Londoners
What tickles you about London?

London UK may not be as new and sparkly as T.dot BUT it is far better in terms of jobs, making a lot of money and the level of activism in the Muslim community....

Having said that, I'm sure T.dot is to the little Canadian towns what the UK is to her offshore projects icon_razz.gif

Malika   

^^Lol,a proud Londoner heh!

Tagsiile,its a natural phase your going through brother,after divorce one tends to look at what one has to offer and how to adapt to the sudden changes in their circumstances.

I am sure,being close to your kids is the paramount reason to moving to Toronto,which is applausable,as there are "some" men, as soon as they are divorced they turn away from their kids too.

Divorce is a bummer! But there is a light at the end of the tunnel...

As someone suggested,why not work and study at the same time,its doable.The courier thing isnt a bad idea,it will offer some flexibility to being able to pick or drop the kids to school,on days your not too busy..[sorry getting carried away planning your life for you..Lol] smile.gif

Kool_Kat   

Ehe ehe ehe...A lot tickles me about LONDON...But I will keep it to myself...NO COMMENT, talk to my Lawyer...

On second thought, aaa what better jobs?

Malika   

^^Lol@talk to my Lawyer :D

Maa London iyo Toronto baa laa iskuu haystaa! :D:D Anyways Toronto is a beautiful place,but I found it boring..Where in London I dont think one can ever be bored..so much going on.[or it could be my host were boring..hmm] smile.gif

Kool_Kat   

Dahia, definitely your host were boooring, hadaadba tiri Toronto aa boring ah...Toronto and boring don't go together, you can't even you them in the same sentence...Next time you're here, let me know... ;)

Aaliyyah   

Dahia, definitely your host were boooring, hadaadba tiri Toronto aa boring ah...Toronto and boring don't go together, you can't even you them in the same sentence...Next time you're here, let me know...

Kool Kat lol u got that right sis...Next time, she comes to Toronto, we will show her around markasay dhahasa naa london maba ku labanayo, guri iga kireeya mesha hahaha

Blessed   

KK,

Lol@ Kool Kat. Lawyer-kaaga maxaad ii af galisay.

I'm just saying that there is a logical reason why the world and his sister flock to dirty, old London for work and education. It's where the money is and British education is valued the world over!

As for T.dot that fact that most of your graduates run to the States for a job speaks volumes of your economy. Yes, T.dot is pretty and you folks are glamorous, and ....urmm.. that's just about it. It’s tamed,, lacks the depth, intelligence and the character of London. Michael Moor likes ya'll though, that should count for something :D

*Sorry for hijacking the thread Tagsiile..I'm out.

Blessed   

^ I've moved for the sun, sea and a sharia-compliant, tax free, child friendly life...and technically, I'm still a part time Londoner.

Anyway, we're comparing London and T.dot here, not London and Dubai.

I'd ask what attracted you to London, but I don't want to have Tagsiile to start throwing some daggers my way.

Sun = the type that gives ppl strokes.

Sea = Hardly available to the female masses.

Sharia-compliant = The financial sector isnt, Lifestyle certainly isnt...

tax free = no it isnt!

child-friendly... perhaps more than london.

So all in all, even Dubai doesn't hold a candle to London.

Kool_Kat   

Zenobia, ilaahaan kuugu dhaarshan ma London taan ogaa baad Toronto to compare gareysay…I can’t believe what I am reading…Neeftaaba igu dhagto markaan London xasuusto…May be it is OK for you guys, cuz you haven‘t lived in N.America…But people who are used to the life style here in Toronto kuma Noolaan karaan…Very cankabuud (as someone said)…

The education might be good and all, but what good is education if you can’t get anywhere with it…That’s why most of the people from London run from it after finishing their studies…

Waxaaba iigu daranbo public washroomka lacagta lagu ridaayo…

Since when aa Dubai uguurtay...And you didn't even bother to tell me...Mise waxaad ka baqday inaan duruuc iisoo *** kudhoho...Shuqulak Shuqulak...

Originally posted by Kool_Kat:

^^Why?

Salaam, I just dislike I don't know why. It's so ''bland''. Maybe it's because I've been here too long. Yeah, that's it ukhti I've been here too long. :(