Sign in to follow this  
Baluug

A Question for all you Torontonians

Originally posted by AAliyah416:

quote: the only regret is i wish i had come 5years earlier

I am just curious, why exactly 5 yrs earlier?
:DJust for mathematical reasons. Sharci raadis years + School time=time in America :D

Minnesoda sharci mabixiso :D

Originally posted by AAliyah416:

u were like follow yr heart, so I assumed yr sweetheart got married or something lol. My mistake.

LOL,no its not a woman,the sweetheart was a career(unfortunatly).. icon_razz.gif

KK, TdotO meel la defend gareeyo maaha. I get you were raised in the city and you probably wishing it would go back to how it use to be, but that was in the old days, the city isn't the same anymore.

The topic should have been "If TdotO isn't good for KK, why is it good in general?"

Crime is rising, random shootings are happening more frequently than ever before, and KK would agree with me. (hence the area code change)

London, UK is alright. If the indians in London were to be wiped out completely, it would have been a great place to live.

Can't stand their many shops, their reer baadinimo ay meelaha kuhaayaan, but other than that its alright place.

Kool_Kat   

Any big city's (big or small) crime rate has gone up in past few years...However, if you compare Toronto to other big cities (ie. New York, Chicago, even Vancouver), the crime rate is not so bad...Most of the time, dadka la shoot gareeyo waa dad iyagaba aan yareeysan...

TORONTO is good enough for Kool_Kat, thank you very much... :D

Miriam1   

Toronto is a wonderful city. And this statement depends on what part of the city you choose to live in. I personally would suggest moving to either Brampton, Woodbridge, Thornhill in the north west of the city, or in the east end, Markham, Rouge Valley area and northern parts of Scarborough. In my opinion most other places such as the West end i.e. etoboko, north york, east york, main scarborough, and main toronto downtown are no gos if you have a family to raise. The schools are awful and the teachers are no good most of the times.

If your in the technical feild Brampton/Malton/Woodbridge area as so many factories that are hiring, not sure what kind of jobs they offer...but the big signs are always hanging from the roofs of the factories..so they must be in some need.

Dont focus on where your freinds live or family does, focus on what area is going to be good for your children. I am glad this is what my family did, and I loved my school and so does my younger siblings.

Good luck

Baluug   

Originally posted by Kool_Kat:

Any big city's (big or small) crime rate has gone up in past few years...However, if you compare Toronto to other big cities (ie. New York, Chicago, even Vancouver), the crime rate is not so bad...Most of the time, dadka la shoot gareeyo waa dad iyagaba aan yareeysan...

TORONTO is good enough for Kool_Kat, thank you very much...
:D

It's funny that papers in Calgary have lately gotten to talking about how the crime rate has risen in the last few years, and that residents are "gripped with fear" and "afraid to leave the house". The problem with Calgary and many Calgarians is that they think they live in a small town when the city has more than 1 million people, it's kinda like people are living in denial here and it sucks. Practically the only things that are open after 9 pm are friggin' liquor stores, bars, and A&W, which is 24 hours. Shawarama King is open until 4 am but I'm getting tired of going there all the time. There's not enough variety here.

Kool_Kat   

^^What more could you want...Have some liquor at home, then go to the bar to get more drunk, then drive thru the A&W have something to eat, then go home and sleep...Voila...Perfect evening for an Indian... :D

What else do you want open after 9pm...

Ask that question to those Soomaalis who sit at Tim Hortonka Weston iyo 401, around the clock. Badanaa after midnight ayee iska xaadiriyaan. And caashooyinka ma dhaamaan, too, since their Dameerka Dhigsan [vans] meesha take-order saf ugu jiro, oo xataa maqleysid their distinct Soomaali-Ingiriis, "Wan dhabal dhabal, baliis."

Oh, maan, speaking of that Tim Horton, you can't believe wax ka socdo that large parking at the back of Canadian Tire and that Tim Hortonkaas. Waa meel mugdi ah, baabuurta ayaa la iskula jiraa, especially late at night during the summer. Laba laba ayaa la isku heystaa and you name them: Habar, odey, dhalinyaro, cunug ... Sometimes even afar afar ama lix lix ayaa hal baabuur la iskula jiraa, oo baabuurtooda laga soo wada degtay hal la iskugu yimid. Meesha filimaan kiyaakaro ayaa ka socoto waaba shaneemo. :D

^, because asaga aya ku jirijiray, how else would he know how many people are in the back of a van habeenki?

TORONTO is good enough for Kool_Kat, thank you very much.

How can it be good enough for you when you deserted the city?

Zafir   

Just the taxes alone should make you stay away if anything Mr. Taksiile. Ontario taxes is 14% (GST 6% and PST 8%), while Alberta doesn't have provincial sales tax making it only 6% GST.

If you still decide to move out here, you can look at the trucking business, that is if the stabbing didn't discourage you.

Good luck.

Up until few weeks ago, I would have agreed with you, but my sources tell me that not only have you changed area codes's, but now have similar area code as me. My sources never fail me, but why did you decide to move that far away from your beloved city, KK? (could it have anything to do with the crime and the danger the city poses?)

Kool_Kat   

What crime and danger?I don't know what you're talking about...Who moved and changed area code...YOu know how much I have 905 area code...Yuckyyyy...Eeeeeew...