Sign in to follow this  
SeeKer

Whats your degree of laziness?

SeeKer   

Really the first time I saw a drive thru coffee place I was ok.....people could be in a hurry to get to work and don't want to get out of the car and what not. Then I saw a drive thru wedding chapel but it was in vegas what happens in vegas stays in vegas . Except now in Arizona there is a drive thru prayer stand where you can pray with someone about whatever is bothering you. Read More

Ps:- A block form my home is a drive thru skate sharpening store. I wonder what else in the future we can do without getting out of our cars. :cool:

Indhoos   

Wlc to AZ,

We also have drive thru grocery stores, but all of them are quite handy during the summer when it is 113-117 outside and you cannot afford to step out of your AC'ed car...

SeeKer   

AZ's heat cannot be that lethal :D but to each his own. Thank God I never took my friend up on the offer to visit the state. Sounds like mars on earth.

I definitely find the idea of a drive thru funeral parlor disturbing. Any of those in AZ too?

Indhoos   

^^^But that is just for two months...then it is lovely. Today it is 90 degrees and we are going yippeee.

I have not seen one yet, but I will look...There is a drive thru mass though, like a drive thru movie, people stay in their cars and listen to the sermon through speakers scattered in the parking lot.

Add drive thru ATM machines to the list, I guess people can't be bothers to get out of their car to get their money. The list just just goes on. As for me, if I have to rate myself I would say I've gotten very lazy in the last few yrs. I think it's to blame businesses for making it that easy and complacent in this. But o'well.

I was in AZ a few weeks ago, somalis ileen love that place? i wonder what's with the sudden increase of somali there?

That place is so hot, feels like the devil breathing down your neck, with his funky breath!

Lol@ drive-thru grocery. I've spotted few drive-thru starbucks. I remember when my friend discovered the first one about a year ago, and we used to drive 15minutes just to get to it and giggle at the menue and the absurdity of all. But now there are few and the novelty have worn off. People are taking convinience to a whole another level walle.

NGONGE   

I find the idea of driving a lot of work, never mind drive-thru! All that gear changing, mirror looking, blind spots, other cars, remebering to put petrol in the car, oil changes, MOTs, insurance, seat belts, giving someone a lift, etc.

Man, I'd rather walk.

Ngonge, I agree with u sxb. I wouldn't want to drive in London too. The streets were too small with cars parked on both sides, and still have too way traffic coming down. I would walk too, or catch those two decker buses that were everywhere. And then you'd have to remember not to drive on the right and get used to people honking you and cursing you from their window. Very scary.