Sign in to follow this  
N.O.R.F

Advertisement: celebrating fatherhood! Part 2

NGONGE   

^^ How come I didn't see this thread before today? I'm practically here everyday and it’s strange that it’s only now I saw this thread. Maybe it’s the word fatherhood that did it! :D

Castro   

One-day travel card for two: £7

Fabulous dress and matching Stilettos: £250 (and up, way up)

Dad's Austin Reed 2-button Jacket: £200

Two tickets to the gala: £10 (what a bargain, eh?)

Looking fabulous while honoring your dad: Priceless

There are some things money can't buy, for everything else there's Dahabshiil.

If you're a Londoner, be there or be a fool.

NGONGE   

Originally posted by sheherazade:

^ta.

Still in denial, Ngonge?
smile.gif

Until I lose all my teeth and I’m unable to walk. I actually tried to convince them to call me by first name but their representative (my eldest) giggled and said ‘don’t be silly, aabo’. :(

N.O.R.F   

So its tomorrow. I wonder how many cameras will be there to catch the event? I wonder how many SOLers we will see on youtube next week :D

Look your bestest :D

It was quite an event mashallah very entertaining, even though I came late but I had the chance to watch the performance of a very talented comedian prince abdi I believe was his name.. Anyhow I got to go now but I’ll post more about the event later on :D

Paragon   

^^Hmm! No. No such people seen in the event. Simply beautiul. The venue, the performances and the attendence....I would love to say more but not now. Later on, Insha-Allah. Took some photos...here's few of them...

324118199_4a4cdb7fcc.jpg

Sister Khomeira on the stage

324150557_87f4ba91c3.jpg

Xudeydi on some enjoyable Kaban songs...lovely

324150543_9a5724af84.jpg

The legend himself again, with this audience

324141192_ff7ac971a6.jpg

Mecca To Medina Trio

324118204_6b78cb55eb.jpg

Another Hiphop act Truthful Movement..

Laba-X   

Enormous chandeliers luminously lit the hall as you walked in through the double doors into some lavishly arranged sets of round tables and chairs. The outstretched red carpet beneath your feet, matched by the red seats gave the hall a feel of cosiness and a friendly welcome to the arriving guests. A beautiful hall I thought and having arrived early patiently awaited the arrival of the esteemed guests – fathers, mothers, children and soon-to-be fathers as well!

By 18:30, when the event was ready to start, I looked around to see that ONE father had arrived. What a disappointment. It is something we do not know – time management that is. To us Somalis, it seems that time is something of no relevance to us. Means absolutely nothing! The starting of the event was then delayed for a while, but when it began, the crowd received it uproariously.

After Humera Khan with her opening speech, Xudeydi took to the stage with his Oud. The first two songs that he sang, “Uur Hoyahayow” and “weli waa caruuro” stirred the crowd, so much so that with every chord that he struck on the Oud, the throng clapped their hands in vicarious thrill. He is very passionate about his instrument and played it with much enthusiasm.

Then came Prince Abdi , a young comedian whom God has given the gift of the gab. One can sit there and listen to him for hours on end. Having performed at several major concerts and comedy clubs, including Hackney Empire, he still has the ability to woo the crowds and leave them to twist in the wind, just when they need to hear more. And on that stage, yesterday, he has left his mark.

Tony warner too did his part by reminding us some of the long forgotten history of our ancestors from the time of their arrival to the United Kingdom, to their participation in the World Wars. Received with much appreciation indeed.

Mecca2Madina , a Muslim droup, who creatively combine Hip-hop and reggae beats with Nasheeds then braced the hall and livened it up and most people joined them with great gusto.

Book of Rhyme too, exploded on the stage with his rap alongside a member of his and finished it off with a poignant poem. Then, back by popular Demand, Xudeydi once again was called up to the stage with his Oud, and the reception was none lesser than the first. Prince Abdi too, was seen back on stage also by popular demand to do a finale. And the result – a GREAT evening!

p.s Great Photos Paragon, you beat me to it!

Looks like it went well. Kudos to everyone.

Paragon..what did we learn about fatherhood, and were there any Faaraxs to listen to the message.

Great pics by da way