Sign in to follow this  
Guhaad

Why Can't the Brotha be friends with a Sista

Guhaad   

In my short but blessed life, i have seen enough stuff to know alot of things. the most amazing of these are how the young generation are so much separated by gender lines.

why can't a Somali brotha be friends with like-minded sisters out there, why do we shame those that cross the line, or do things the right way? why do their have to be interior motives behind a pure friendship? i found out most of the things we subscribe to are either an old Dhaqan or built on Jahli. or is it as one of my favorite standup comadians once said that a male friend of a female is nothing but a "!=> in a glass case", they use it when they are broken, but leave it when happy!

All in all, how many of you buy that or are selling it?

There can never be just 'pure friendship' no matter how much u try to convince urself. Anyway, why aren't u just satisfied with ur boys?

Hadaa gabar ka heshid, don't trick her with 'friendshp'. Orod abaheed gacanteeda weydii. :D

P.S. Comment about my somali under the threat of painful death.

Zafir   

I might be going out on a hunch here, but my strong sixth sense tells me; may be, just may be guys out there don’t want to end up as a tool in a glass case. I could be wrong here, but hey, *shakes head* I doubt it man. :D

Guhaad   

lol@zafir, my fifth sense agrees with you~

Scarlet, nothing wrong with your Somali, i actually like it ;)

I would have stayed with the boyz, but i am also worried about the safety of our beloved sisters, if they should chill with someone, it should be no one but a Faarax.

Pucca   

Originally posted by Scarlet:

Hadaa gabar ka heshid, don't trick her with 'friendshp'. Orod abaheed gacanteeda weydii.
:D

i see you've been practicing... good stuff!

as for the topic...if your iman aint strong enough dont bother with it, and if your iman is strong ...why risk weakening it?

Janna   

Kafaaxiye,

Friendship between males and females may exist theoretically, but it can never work. Why? Because one will fall for the other.

-Lily-   

That's a load of... of course men and women can be friends. But this type of pure brotherly/sisterly friendship is rare. You also have the friends who ocasionally flirt, because it's in their nature but nothing will ever come of it.

Ibtisam   

^^^ the above responses (excluding waterLily) is why it is best to avoid being friends with Somali (opposite sex) if your friendly with them they think you fancy their pants off :rolleyes: and if your ignore them they think your stuck up or you think your too good for them <partly true:D

In any case, i have more male friends then female, and nothing but friendship.

cheers

Arawella   

It is absolute gibberish to assume that a platonic relationship cannot materialise between the genders irrespective of their origins. In addition this topic has been previously discussed and exhausted!

there was a time when i would have said there is nothing wrong with being freinds with oppisite sex .. but experiances have changed my views greatly over the past year or so, ... what we forgettin is that in fact they the oppisite sex and therefore there is chance of having a diffirent kind of relationship with them than u would say with your 'girls or 'boys'.

time and time again we have seen invetibally one freind will fall and the other may not like them in that way .. then what .. one broken heart and maybe lost freindship .. even sometimes a freind will keep their feelings to themselves.

only rare cases can males and females be good freinds ... after all i would wish my wife to be my best freind.

so just think about it ok before u stay is OK to be freinds with opositie sex ...

Kafaahiye........dad muslin ma nahay? sharci'ga Alle ma tahay inaan raacno masa maya? mey haboon tahay inaan iska dhigno westernised/gaal gaal annakoo leh diin iyo dhaqan oo marnaba ka liidanin midka gaalada?

hadaad su'aa laha kore hadaad isku jawaabtit sida aan umaleenaayo inaad isku jawaabi doontit waxaad ogaataa inaadsan ubaahneen in laguu jawaabo su'aashaadi aad soo ban dhigday....maxaa yeelay adi baa isku jawaabtay

wa salaamu caleykum!

The only Somali guys who I'm with are my brothers. As for others I just can be bothered with them. If you want friendships with people of the opposite gender who are like minded keep in the family, I'm sure as Somalis we have huge families. Somali guys are suggestible and they have huge egos so I would never ever recommend girls to be friends with them. As a matter of fact I go out of my way to tell others not to be nice to them because they will get ideas into their heads.

In addition this topic has been previously discussed and exhausted!

Thank you for your kind, but unnessary comments.

The topic isn't what "topics that have been discussed", the topic infact is about why can't men be friends with sisters without a motive.

I'm a victim of "friendship can exist between a man and a woman" and god knows I have fallen for that old trick, "I just want to be your friend" and it didn't get me anywhere expect I lost a good friend when the feelings were expressed towards the LayZieOne.

Coming back to why brothers can't be friends with sisters, I really believe that if a brother wants to be friends with a sister, he can really do it and that relationship can work, as long as you start the friendship with honesty, and that you don't have any feelings that might give you a hope that things might work out once friendship is developed. TO me, once I see you a certain way, that is it for me, I can't all of a sudden re-program Layzie's system to start having this deepppppppppppppppp love for that person, other than, Ima have your back, you have mine.

I'm very fortunate to have found one good male friend of mine that I have been friends with now over 2 yrs, but prior to that, I have lost 2 good male friends. I say it works if you both make it work, it ain't gotta do with one gender more than the other, and thats my word.

J.Lee   

My best friend (aside from the Hitler dudette) of four years is a guy and nothing, may I add, of the romantic sort ever materialized between us and that is because I simply refuse to see him in that light as does he; he is like an honorary brother to the little sister status that I hold in his eyes.

That and I'm rarely any guy's type or rather ideal mate (loool :D ) Honestly, it isn't always so waa run, laakiinse it just depends on the people, how they define friendship and the parameters they choose to set or never cross in such a relationship.

There are different types and levels of friendship. I firmly believe strong friendships can and often do exist between men and women.

In friendships, as with everything else, you only get back what you've put in.