Sign in to follow this  
Miriam1

DEXTER

Miriam1   

I thought I might share my addiction to this show and find out if any other SOLERS are inlove with it like me. If you havent heard of it, here is a little bit about it

Source IMBD

During the day, Dexter Morgan is a jovial employee in the Miami Metropolitan Police Department's crime lab, but his meticulously crafted life masks his true nature. In reality Dexter is a disciplined and murderous psychopath (a self-admitted "monster"), and he slakes his blood lust at night by carefully killing the serial killers he tracks down during the day. Based on the novels (Darkly Dreaming Dexter, Dearly Devoted Dexter and Dexter in the Dark) by Jeff Lindsay.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0773262/plotsummary

What do you guys think and have u see the new eposides that were leaked for season 2!

Pucca   

and here i thought after seein the title this was goin to be about 'dexter's lab' great cartoon...and dee was such an odd lookin airhead. *sigh* cartoons are just not the same..

um..sorry dear i'm not familiar with this show you speak of.

Naden   

^ Season two???!!! Damn! I think I missed it.

Dexter is the best show I've seen since Homicide and NYPD Blue in the 90s. Awesome writing and great acting.

Miriam1   

oh my god! lol finally someone who actually heard of it. Naden your like my new bestfriend!!

Na, I meant season one on regular tv, thought more people would have seen it now since its been taken on by CBS. But Season 2 has already aired..you will be able to find copies online, it was such a good season.

The acting is amazing, the writing is amazing and its one helluva morale quandary for anyone watching it for the first time, the main question is how do we so freely support someone who breaks the law for his own benefit...is it only that this benefit happens to have a beneficial externality...killing of dangerous undesirables...well...its obvious, I LOVE it...and I think I am one of the few people who watch it that loves his relationship with Rita, I really hope they get married or at least engaged in Season three

What did you think of Lila?

Naden   

^ :D I meant season 3. Hayam, so cool to find someone who enjoys Dexter. I love that cat suit he wears on one of his hunts. And the way he jumps over fences and sticks those psychos with the horse tranqilizer. Never been happier to see a Brit hag meet such a demise! Whenever they put one of those slutty, yet mysterious, chicks with an English accent in a show, it sinks.

I rented Dexter and watched the DVDs over 2 days. Dextering someone is in my lexicon now, you do not want to mess with me. I am thoroughly disappointed with it being on regular TV, it is just too edgy for the masses that watch Deal or No Deal.

BTW, that Rita is a snake. I just wish they would write an intelligent, remorseless role for a woman on TV. I am so sick of these clingy, whiny snakes.

Miriam1   

lool@dexterizing...life would be easier with dexter running around wouldnt it?

That outfit is HOT. But did you notice his hair got bigger in the second season..not sure if I like it

Its really nice to find someone who has heard of it too, my attempts to get my friends to watch it failed once they saw the blood..bunch of squealing school girls who fall head overheals for Dr Mcdreamy from Greys Anatomny...he's got nothing on Dexter!

(don't get me wrong..I like that show too..hope he dumbs Meredith and maries Rose)

I knew Lila was trouble once she confessed to killing her ex-boyfriend...I personally admit that I am glad those horrid sex scenes with her will not be repeated...felt like every eposide was about that...specially disappointed in that one episode in the second season where he breaks into a house for her !

but really Rita a snake...she had a tough time raped and beaten up by a junkie...how could you not be needy with a hunk like Dex?

I really liked her even more when she accepted that Dexter framed Paul for her and the children and when she kicked out her psycho mother. She has her priorities straight.

I had the same experience with season one saw it all in one day online. Its abit retarded on CBS..can you imagine Doakes saying Motherfreaker or Freaking psycho lol its too strange.

Season three is set for the first weekend of Oct, can't wait...Dexter Without the Code and Harry's lessons scarier than ever!

Naden   

^ LOL @ Doakes, you know I'm still grieving over the cabinet scene. What an awesome character! Especially, the way he looked at Dexter and gestured that he had his eyes on him.

Rita is one of those take-care-of-me-and-my-kids chicks who turn psycho possessive at the drop of a hat. That whiny voice doesn't fool me, she is due for a tranquilizer and plastic wrapping :D

Chimera   

In Dexter's laboratoooorryyy lives the smartest boy you've ever seeeeen

But Dee Dee blows his experiments to smithereeeeeens

There is gloom, and doom while things go booooom in Dexter's Laaaaaab!"

then mom had a chicken dad had cow..

those were the days :D

Miriam1   

Oh god, people please do not compare.."Dexter-crime show" to the 90's children's cartoon...seriously Caanon Geel..you didn't watch a single episode did you? or you could one of those mad CSI and 24 Fans..

Naden..god forbid ! lol Rita shall live long, I am betting she's too thick to ever find out what Dexter does.

Doakes was so sad, I half hated him and half liked him, but I think the Captain will be Dexter's new enemy...I am quite sure he lied about Harry's death.

Are we like the only ones connected to modern tv culture??

Cara.   

Also someone who thought this was about Dexter's Lab :(

Maybe you should change the title to "NOT Dexter's Lab", Hayam :D

Miriam1   

Cara ! good idea, but SOL has a timer on edits...but looks like its getting through.

Marcas nice link, for those who are hearing of it for the first time, click on the link and graduate from Dexter's Laboratory and Deedee for heaven's sake

Ms DD   

I have seen the adverts while back but I was meaning to watch it but havent got round to it. I am into Grand Designs instead. Delightful programme. I will watch marcas's link soon.