Sign in to follow this  
SomeAlien

harold and maude/ recommend a movie

Op,

I saw KAMA SUTRA...it was a good film. The story was kinda sad actually. Lots of hanky-panky tho... ;)

OG_Moti,

Yeah LEON was a good movie. And maybe he wasn't slow, but he was socially inept. I think Jean Reno is a great actor, I luv all his movies. Which reminds me, have u also seen RONIN? Another good film...its got a really good cast including Reno n De Niro, and it is about a group of merceneries who are brought together for a particularly big hush-hush job. Lots of neat car chases. :D

SomeAlien,

If you want to see a film of epic proportions, check out BELLA MAFIA. It is a classically long, soap-opera style film about 4 newly-widowed mafia women who take over their husbands' businesses and avenge their deaths. It is beautifully shot and the story line is bollywood. Completely yummy, I luved all three n a half hours of it! :cool:

i saw kama sutra, it s really good, i also saw bella mafia a long time ago and i just made fun of it with my sister. it might of been good but i was too much in a goofy mood to pay attention. how did kamasutra end? they killed the sculptor right? well, the week ends over but we can still talk about movies right? Frieda is also a good movie, visually stunning.

also, theres "crouching tiger hidden dragon", i watch that at least twice a year. :D movies are cool, but again, watch harold and maude, PLEASE!!! i need someone to talk to about this movie... its genius.

LANDER   

Wanna see a more recent movie:- Gangs of New York gets my vote so far

sophisticated adventure thrillers, (C.I.A involment and everything): RONIN

historical adventure movie: Enemy at the Gates Stalingrad and Leningrad battles are slightly covered, shows the sacrifice of the USSR in WW2. the movie at some parts is a pure showdown between two excellent snipers. A true lesson in patience and concentration (sniper scenes).

bit of sci-fi: Minority Report (not too much sci-fi, very good plot and special effects) Check out the LEXUS prototype vehicle in the movie. WHOA!!!

CONTACT A little more sci-fi then the last one, very good for those with a little imagination and who are into astronomy and intrigued by the celestial bodies in our universe.

Moob and ol' school nomination: GODFATHER part I and part II simply some of the best movies ever made, Mob movie or otherwise. Good in any decade and worth watching more than once.

That's if you haven't seen most of these movies already.

LANDER   

hmm..Barwaaqo I hadn't noticed you nominated RONIN already ;) . Anybody who watches that movie, I suggest you pay carefull attention to the plot because it takes a few twist and turns.

hint: Keep in mind the CIA

lates

Lander,

What's wit all the hints? The best thing about the movie is the plot-twists and turns...

Yeah, I agree, Enemy at the Gates and Contact are both great films. Especially Contact...I was thinking of 'what it could all mean' 4 days aftawards. :D

Somealien,

Girl, I don't know if our blockbuster carries that movie...cuz we got a ghetto a** one..they don't even carry blackhawk down!

But we have so many movie channels..that if it comes on..I will try to watch it.

Ronin keeps coming up ..is it that good of a movie? I love CIA/army movies...

We have the whole Godfather set too, but I'm waiting on the perfect time to watch it!

:cool:

Xafsa   

Originally posted by BARWAAQO:

SomeAlien,

If you want to see a film of epic proportions, check out
BELLA MAFIA
. It is a classically long, soap-opera style film about 4 newly-widowed mafia women who take over their husbands' businesses and avenge their deaths. It is beautifully shot and the story line is bollywood. Completely yummy, I luved all three n a half hours of it! :cool:

I watched that movie....almost made me wanna start a mob of my own ;) Those are some strong women though....you should see it!

OG Moti   

Barwaaqo it seems we have the same test in movies

Ronin was a movie i enjoyed pretty much, it is just i like Dinero and Alpacino movies all of them

Taxi driver, Heat, scent of women, Meet the parents, score, scare face, god father 1 & 2, and many others

by the way antony hapkins is another talented actor, great verbal intellegence, great speaker and good choice of words.

peace

Best movie I've seen this year was Pay It Forward....I cried at the end (damn those producers) lol.

Also Believe it or not I've seen Godfather series for the first time this year...I can't stop saying " I'll make u an offer you can't refuse"

Umm lets see...my ultimate movie is Shawkank Redemption...

Gotta run some errand...cioa

N.O.R.F   

Quote by Barwaaqo: I've seen it a lot of times and I still cry at the ending.

All good movies have a sad ending.

Still Flying, i also enjoyed double take,specially when they ordering food on the train,lol!

As for recommending a movies, i'm useless, apart from ones already mentioned, Le Haine (french), City of God, Barbershop, Blow, Snatch, Rush Hour 2 in Somali (looooool)!!!!!!!!

Thierry.   

Leon is one of my all time favourits but if you havent watched "Shawshank redemption" you aint watched nothing yet. Gladiator and scareface are number 2 and 3.

in shawshank look at the patiance of the man knowing that he is innocent

I LOVE SCENT OF A WOMAN SPECIALLY THE DANCE PART!

Day movies:10 things I hate about you, only you, Naked gun.....

Maqrib movie: Hot Shots I've seen this movies about bizzillion times...I love it:)

Night movie: The glass house, cradle to the grave (X gonna give it to ya), kiss of the dragon.......and I'll add a nice one, Original Sin awesome story :D