Sign in to follow this  
Miriam1

Bab Al Hara !

Originally posted by Nephthys:

Yes. Did you use to watch it?

Yup Back in da day in the old country, I remember the story , but can't remember the leading man. I would like to say the legendary Ahmed Zaki,but he mostly did movies.

P.S. I like his first movie Children of Silence.

NGONGE   

^^ He did a mosalsal with Sucad Xusni called 'Howa wa Hiya'.

Justice, thanks for the site. Much obliged. smile.gif

bilan   

Originally posted by JUSTICE:

Nephthys, who used to be in the show, cause I recognise the name of the series, but I need names to make some links in my memory

main actors were Mamdouh abdelaleem, Athaara Hakim, Mostafa Fahmy, and Galal Sharqawy

NGONE...You are right, and she died too.

Does anyone know any links to Waheed Muraad movies from old Paki Cinema which was a lot better than Bollywood. I think Zola might know.

Urban   

Originally posted by Hayam:

well you simply cannot deny the *awesomeness* of this show, late 90's Abla Kamel and Nour Al Sherif..."Lan Aisha Fi Jilbab Abi"...perfect rags to riches story...beats any present day crap like Yousra's "Kadiyat Ray am" all the hype and for such a predictable outcome

Hayam, that show is one of my all time favourites, I still remember how he used to sell little tools on the side roads, then he worked his way up from being the shop worker to being a 'Mcallem'. It brings back so many good memories from my years in Sharjah! I didn't expect anyone here to know of it! My mind is overflowing with memories now, look what you did now! lol good times.

Abu'l Hana was my ultimate fav musalsal when i was a kid, Dureed Laxaam was amazing. "ya mughiis!" and "Ya Kheyro!" :D

NEWS2%5CM05%5CD03%5C16-8.jpg

Blessed   

I can't remember the last time I followed a musasal, they require too much commitment and I hate the fact that all the new, interesting shows are launched in Ramadan and you get recycled rubbish throughout the rest of the year.. :mad:

I love freej, though. :cool:

NGONGE   

Originally posted by *Blessed:

I can't remember the last time I followed a musasal, they require too much commitment and I hate the fact that all the new, interesting shows are launched in Ramadan and you get recycled rubbish throughout the rest of the year.. :mad:

I love
, though. :cool:

How in the world do you manage to understand that language, ayeeyo? Om Khamaas is one of a kind. :D

JUSTICE   

Justice, thanks for the site. Much obliged.

You're welcome

main actors were Mamdouh abdelaleem, Athaara Hakim, Mostafa Fahmy, and Galal Sharqawy

Mamdouh abdelaleem died two years ago of cancer, Allah yrhmo.

Abu'l Hana was my ultimate fav musalsal when i was a kid, Dureed Laxaam was amazing. "ya mughiis!" and "Ya Kheyro!"

Urban you can't be serious , abu el hana was not that funny, it was a rediculous show, but not if you were from 10 to 13 at that time, you can take these types of jokes at that age.

Lan Aisha Fi Jilbab Abi

You should read the book for his series, it was by Ihsan Abd El Qodoos

Nephissa   

Originally posted by bilan:

quote:

Nephthys, who used to be in the show, cause I recognise the name of the series, but I need names to make some links in my memory

JUSTICE sister, does that ring a bell for you now? anywhere I can find that musalsal?

ps. thanks bilan.

Naden   

Mamdouh abdelaleem died two years ago of cancer, Allah yrhmo.

Wow, how come I didn't hear about this?! He was relatively young. Allah yerhamo. He was brilliant in Layali Al Helmiya.

Edit: This guy is alive and kicking. I think you meant Abdallah Mahmoud who died of a brain tumour in 2005.

Miriam1   

http://www.livearabictv.net/vb/showthread.php?t=82

Found another site with links to some series, mostly recent I think. This is a specific link to a musalsal, with Mena Shalaby and Yehia Fakharani.

Nephthys, I don't think you will be able to find online streaming videos or torrents for that series, it might be alittle too old. I got copies of layali helmiya as a gift from local arab video stores in Toronto.

Ps. Just saw links to Rafat Al Hagan...so I could be wrong.