Sign in to follow this  
RedSea

Our homeland in pictures: your region,state,or city!

RedSea   

Assalamau calaykum dear Nomads,

I think it would be great to post as many of beautiful pics from back home(whatever you call home,as long as it locates in Somali penensula) and presented them here.I will start with pics of my hometown,H-Town..here it goes..

New Mosque:

PIC00030.JPG

New shoping complex:

134333096_fbc6d2deda.jpg

airport_rd_galleryfull

N.O.R.F   

airport_rd_galleryfull

I remember walking down this road at 1am after watching a football game in the cinema. Couldnt see a thing apart from cigaretts illuminating the midnight darkness and going by me as i walked down the road back to the hotel. :(

RedSea   

^well,dont worry,we'll do something about that soon IA.I have plans with this neigborhood,Calaamadaha.

To tell you few things that we will do.A group of friends from Hargeysa as well as other cities have teamed up to to do what is in our power to help build the region.We have planed to plant trees with the help of the main populace,we also plan to form communities in each and every neighborhood,we are currently working on the charter that we need to run on.

We also plan to raise money to build basic centers for orphans,the homeless,and to educate young boys and girls as well adolences about sexual intercourse and its dangers.

Furthermore,we plan to raise HIV awareness which is increasing as we speak,we Insha allah also plan to try to teach people how to get out and earn a living for themselves and their family(hardwork)instead of sitting in the shades chewing Khat.

The future is very optemestic,so hopefully the next time you walk by that raod Mr. Northerner,it won't be so dark after all.

Zafir,it's cool that you refer Toronto as your home, but do you have pics from the area of Somalia that you were born or considered 'home'?

More pics to come,stay tuned...

p.s.did you have to walk,couldn't you afford the various "meel katuurs" or Land cruisers? smile.gif

N.O.R.F   

p.s.did you have to walk,couldn't you afford the various "meel katuurs" or Land cruisers?

My uncle took the car as i really didnt need it. My freind left the game at half time, so i had to walk back to the hotel.

Next time i will be driving an X5 ;)

No pics on my work pc and my home pc crashed losing all my photos :mad:

RedSea   

^it happens.It happened to me once,but I have been keeping mind in a CD in case samething occurs again,then I would just pop in right back.

lol@5x,is there a such thing.I know 4x4,but didnt' know there was 5x,enlighten me would ya.By the way, the next time you drive by there,the road will be lighted,one less thing for you complain about .. smile.gif

RedSea   

The pics continue,

Hargeysa Airport:

egal_international_galleryfull

kids having fun day at the beach:

berbera_beach_galleryfull3

Ambassador Hotel,H-town.

biggall1.jpg

Aierial view of the Hotel:

oasisbigview.jpg

Theatre at the hotel:

masalepic2.jpg

Student at University of Burco:

Burao%20Uni.jpg

Burco city:

hargaysa%25201.jpg

Shiekh secondary school in Sheikh.

Sheik%20Secondary%20High%20School%20.jpg

RedSea   

more on Batalale beach,Berbera:

134787015_b3a884d867.jpg

batalale_beach_nea_1_galleryfull

beach_in_berbera_galleryfull

I have fallen in love with this bird,Crown crane,the most beautiful in the region:

somaliland_crown_c_galleryfull

this one as well:beautiful..

sterling_bird_galleryfull

Sea side view of Daalo mountains:

mount_dalo_galleryfull

Caalmadow mountains(thanks for the correction Maakhir).

i_1_galleryfull53

Multitasking, the version of the farmer:

gabilay_farming_galleryfull

Abwaan   

They are good images. Thnx for sharing them with us. I saw most of them on my recent visit back in August 2006. To be honest not most of the city looks like this, as I actually thought that Hargeysa was rebuilt much as there was peace for quite some time now but it wasn't. All the roads i saw were those built by previous Military or civilain governments.

RedSea   

^the roads need to be reconstructed,but I must diagree with you Hargeysa is built and probably the most beautiful Somali today,however,it takes longer to rocover especially knowing there was nothing standing in 1991.

In addtion,Somaliland only started to have permanant peace starting from 1997,there was clan civil war before that as late as 1995 and 1996..not long ago.

I agree the streets need to be built,but come on the place is rocking,I gues you haven't been around the city too much,try again.

hodman   

hey Red Sea where is that new mall at?

Hmmmmmmmmm Batalale beach..the most beautiful place in the world. Sweet memories walahi. Thank You

Sky   

134787015_b3a884d867.jpg

I believe I've seen this picture somewhere before. Oh I remember it was here . Strange enough, the source says it's Garacad Beach in Puntland, rather than Batalale Beach in Berbera.

RedSea   

^I could be wrong and you could be right,but what is the difference,note teh title of the thread.In my original source,it said Batalale beach,whatever it's,it's on Somali soil,which is not so strange,because it's my homeland also..

Hodman,batalale beach=the red sea,I thank you for the love,I luv you too.lol

anyways to answer your question,the new mall complex locates in xaafada "new" Hargeysa.

See you around sometimes,,