Sign in to follow this  
MR ORGILAQE

Event not to be missed for UK Muslims

brother it failed head on it is coming through the back door.They all do and it is there that you all need to be aware of!!!!.We all seem to guarding the front door and being outflanked from the back each time.Wakey Wakey!!!! the laws are being passed quitely and without our knowledge and if we continue in this path of laxed attitudes we shall see a day when we can't call ourselves Muslims as it will be illegal!

Ibtisam   

yes it has; 28days; imagin the whole of feb ur locked up even with no crime or evidence. what most ppl don't know is that after 28days they can apply for more time or let u go for few hrs/days and arrest u again for another 28days, there is no limit to how many times they can hold you or question you. they can also send you to america for questioning and most probably you won't ever make it back.

also now even verbally supporting or speaking out against crimes on muslims is enough to get you arrested and investigated.

after 28days locked up, you have lost your job, aint no one gonna give you a new one... man you are a terrorist, u were locked up for a whole month and you have a criminal record, yet you have no idea what the crime or evidence was.

so tell me, what is the difference between 90days or 28days. both ways u get locked up without a crime :(

N.O.R.F   

^^How will happen exactly?

No new law is passed without getting it approved by parliament in a vote.

As for the 28 days, its a sad state of affairs i know

small amendments to existing laws and maybe passing guidlines to the police etc which means they dont have to go to parliament.Only laws that are completely out of thhe norm go there

Paragon   

While we are still talking about Muslim events in the UK, let me (albeit in short-notice) post this for anyone around EAST LONDON.

Islamic Foundation for Ecology and

Environmental Sciences (IFEES) Presents:

IMPACT OF CLIMATE CHANGE ON THE MUSLIM WORLD

Date: Friday 2nd December 2005

Time: 6.45 pm - 9.00 pm

Venue: London Muslim Centre (LMC), 46-80 Whitechapel Road,

Whitechapel, London E1 1NX

Speakers:

George Monbiot (Guardian)*

Professor Tariq Ramadan (Oxford University)*

Fazlun Khalid (Founder/Director, IFEES)*

Phil Thornhill (National Co-ordinator, Campaign Against Climate Change)*

World famous Qari - Imam Hasan Bukhari (London's North Finchley Mosque)*

Climate Change is possibly the biggest threat to life on the planet,

especially when most of the effects will be felt in Muslim countries.

For example; Future water crisis in the Middle East, flooding in

Bangladesh, desertification of sub-Saharan Africa and much more......

All of this will lead to more wars and environmental refugees.

Allah (swt) says in the Quran:

Fasad (corruption) has appeared on land and sea because of what the

hands of men have earned. That (Allah) may give them a taste of some

of their deeds, in order that they may turn back (to the right path).

(Surah ar-Rum, 30:41)

These issues will affect us sooner rather than later

and mankind has a responsibility as commanded by Allah (swt):

It is He who has appointed you guardians in the earth, and

has raised some of you in rank above others, that He may try

you in what He has given you. Surely your Lord is swift in

reckoning; and surely He is All-Forgiving, All-Compassionate.

(Qur’an 6: 165)

But as the ummah of Muhammed (saw) who have been given the responsibility

of 'Amr-i maruf' (enjoy the good) and 'Nahy-i munkar' (forbid the evil) and

of being the 'Khayra Ummatin' (best nation) then we must bring this isssues

like many others to forefront of our work.

Allah (swt) has bestowed for us, in Islam, the solution to all our

problems. We proclaim this with great passion and confidence. But

let us be honest and not deceive ourselves - can Muslims really

deal with the environmental crisis that has gripped the world,

despite environmental protection and awareness being ingrained

in their faith?

Do Muslims have any answers to these issues? Come to an

informative event and learn more about Islamic environmental themes,

the threat of climate change and whether or not Muslims can address

the global environmental challenge that faces us all.

*ALL WELCOME

*FREE event

HOW TO GET THERE:

Buses: 25, 253, 15

Nearest Tube: Aldgate East / Whitechapel (District Line, Hammersmith & City Line)

Nearest Rail: Liverpool Street

http://www.streetmap.co.uk/newmap.srf?x=534328&y=180171&z=0&sv=E1+1NX&st=2&pc=E1+1NX&ar=N&mapp=newmap.srf&searchp=newsearch.srf&sq=3

For more information contact:

Tel: 07092 032 136

E-mail: ahlan@ifees.org

Simply_I   

Thanks Paragon!!

....and all this time i thought SOL was full of americans :D

Ibtisam i had a feeling there was something wrong with you smile.gif

i will be video taping too, so watch ur self, it will be shown on Islam channel and out on DVD

I got a 1am call from a friend the night before last.

Friend: asalaamu caleykum

Moi: wa caleykum asalaam

Friend: do u want to go to the conference?

Moi: what conference?

Friend: the Islam Channel one

Moi: yeah, sure, when is it?

Friend: tomorrow

I love weird friends that ring in the middle of the night to treat me to a wonderful day. Congratualtions to all involved. It was very satisying and well-organised.

Yvonne Ridley shook the conference. How many takbirs did she get? George Galloway was made for making speeches- electrifying, what a gift. Those two were far more fearless with their speeches than most of the others.

I was also impressed with Salma Yaqoob, one of the founders of Respect. She had a good point to make- no peace without justice. Tariq Suwaidan in his Arab garbs speaking in English about the eventual resurgence of Islamic power was also good. It was good to see a Khaleeji talking about puppet regimes and what the West could learn from us. Some of the speakers rambled on about peace. They just didn't have an angle and were unable to engage the audience. Not everybody is made for speech-making I suppose.

Now this Zakir chap. I heve never seen nor heard him in action. I hear about him now and then so I was interested in getting to hear him especially as the audience went wild every time his name was mentioned. It was a good idea to leave him to last so the audience would stay till the end.

There were workshops etc also held in some of the rooms. Dr Zakir Naik was to hold two of these- for a small number of people. I tried going to both of them but the organisers must have severely underestimated the number of people that would be interested in seeing him at work in those workshops or it was meant only for the VIPS. Either way I(and others) did not appreciate being told it was full and then cancelled altogether. I suspected the alleged cancellation was a lie on the first occasion. My friend and I both returned to our seats suspicious. If it was full, an admission to that would have been sufficient we thought. Why the conflicting versions?

I returned to the second workshop to hear the same story, or should I say stories. I hung about cause I'm nosey and don't like being lied to. I saw Tariq Suwaidan being ushered in and knew the workshop hadn't been cancelled. I called my friend to see if she'd made it in and she had. One of the presenters comes on stage to say the Dr Zakir Naik workshop had been cancelled. That was a bad call.

My friend returns to my side TWO whole hours later, beaming(she wants to marry Zakir). Either it had been cancelled or she had been in the Twilight Zone for 2 hours. Anyway, she missed Yvonne Ridley. So her mother and I made her jealous but I think it was no contest; she nearly asked Dr Zakir a question, nearly and that alone would keep her going for the next twenty-years worth of dinner parties.

I was beginning to think the legend wasn't real until he appeared on stage at 7:55pm. So many were on their feet I couldn't see him. The guy reminded me of Deedat(bless his soul), the quick, little flick of the hand to make a point and its return to his chest. Deedat had a spark though, didn't he in his eye, and u smiled when he did. Dr Zakir was good however. Structured, well-informed(a memory for scriptures) and creative. Beautiful. I do wish people wouldn't idolise him though. All I heard was his name and swoons in voices. He's good, let's leave him mortal. My friend says when he held the Twilight Zone workshop he said he'd never had this much security even in Bombay and was surprised by it. He also said he never cancels his appointments- he must have heard story number 2.

The fireworks were beautiful and looong. We stayed till the end, it got cold but inside all was warm, empowered and happy to be Muslim.

Marvellous day. Next year they hope for it to be a two-day event. I'm looking forward to it; there was so much going on yesterday, I never made it to the exhibition and missed a couple of the speakers.

P.S: I'm still wearing my wrist badge, I couldn't take it off last night and I don't want to cut it- sentimental little git that I am.

Fariid dheh. :D

I don't grow up, I merely mature. BTW, were u wearing a khamiis and do u have a beard? Though I know a significant number of those 22000 were. Saw this guy and thought he looked like an orgilaqe. :D