Sign in to follow this  
Nephissa

Maternity Leave for Teens

Aaliyyah   

Just to get few things straighten out, I am not here to encourage young girls to get married. Not at all, I rather if they continued their studies without any distractions. And, that is how we should all raise our children, how school is their first priority and once they complete their studies they can get married and start off their own families. By then they are able to support themselves without being burden to their families. But, that is the ideal life and things don’t always work out that way. I have met few teenager girls who had kids out of wedlock, and to your surprise they happen to be Somalis and muslims at that. So, my point was if their parents had married them off and were supportive at the start these girls would have had their own families. At times trying to ignore the situation and being stuck with your values can actually make the situation much worst than it already is.

Just a tip none of you should be judgmental, judging others is for Allah swt. Besides, few months off school to get their lives together shouldn’t be much to fuss upon as Lily already stated earlier.

Pucca   

what about maternity leave for postsecondary students? Do we have that? seen a few round bellies on campus and thought it would be helpful if there was such a thing.

Pucca   

aww...thank you! *but really..i just cant stand giving up my chair all the time or taking the stairs cuz there's four of them in the elevator and theres NO room left...so um yea... they need to go*

Nephissa   

Originally posted by -Lily-:

p.s Nephy, Wa maxay the weird looking woman in your post (hope it's not you, it's a weird pose). I really enjoyed looking at one particular man in your signature, before you blinded us with some sobbing woman that is. I mean, I did feel bad momentarily, but for the love of God, bring back the boys!

The girl was there to distract my mind from.. ya'know, the boy :D . A much needed distraction, I tell ya.

L0L@weird looking woman. Don't hate me because I'm beautiful. ;)

Naden   

Lily, it is not the appropriateness of child marriages that I was correcting. Every culture has its customs and customs change with social and economic changes. It is the assumption that young girls reached puberty faster back then (1500 years ago) than they do now. For one thing, no one can say for sure without data. If the trends from the past 100 years or so are any indication, diet and environmental changes point to the opposite direction.

Khayr   

Originally posted by Naden:

Lily, it is not the appropriateness of child marriages that I was correcting. Every culture has its customs and customs change with social and economic changes. It is the assumption that young girls reached puberty faster back then (1500 years ago) than they do now. For one thing, no one can say for sure without data. If the trends from the past 100 years or so are any indication, diet and environmental changes point to the opposite direction.

Then if thats the case, then its just a Social Taboo-right Naden?

As for the Denverpost article, I think that it just relfects the mentality of times wherein what is ludacrious is given validity and what it is traditional and coming from a religious source, taken to be ludacrious and invald.

Fi Amanillah

J.Lee...True they don't need anything from you and I perse, but it is taxpayer's money that pays for their school and free lunches. The atleast they could do is to utilize that to the max and not complicate the situation. But it does make sense to help now so they wouldn't be a bigger burden tomorrow.

Aaliyah...Allah is indeed the ultimate judge. That said, people are and will be judgemental. There is moral code whether divine or otherwise. And when someone steps out of that, people are bound to form an opinion about that someone. I think we should be measured in our judgements,and it should be contextual.

Haneefah   

Originally posted by -Lily-:

bring back the boys!

Lily, this is for you! One of those brave boys Miss Nephy decided to neglect from her signature. :D

15ethiopia-600.jpg

The sheer contentment and pride on his face particularly caught my attention. Allow ku daa!