Sign in to follow this  
Sherban Shabeel

Mogadishu knife maker

_46526282_02_somalia_ap.jpg

Maybe this is the solution to the conflict in Somalia. If the politics section of this forum is anything to go by, a future when all Somalis can get along nicely is a fantasy.

But if you destroy all the AKs and PKMs and RPGs etc, and replace them with knives, the killing might wind down. Any child can press a trigger, but it takes a very strong man to stab someone to death.

P.S.: Beautiful knives btw, I wonder how much the man charges.

Paragon   

It's not that expensive. I use to have one when I was younger. It costs somewhere are 10 to 20 dollars. It's worn for as a sign of bravery and independence in many rural areas where Somalis inhabit.

Yes, beautiful. It's called Bilaawe, Toorreey or golxob depending on which part of Somali lands you live in.

PS: yes, that approach can reduce deaths but death by the Toorreey is very messy. Most folks prefer a death by the gun rather than the knife.

Cara.   

Another plus: there are rarely bystander deaths with stabbings. A lot of innocent people get killed by stray bullets, unexploded ordinances, etc. And no "suicide stabbings" either!

Originally posted by Arac:

Another plus: there are rarely bystander deaths with stabbings. A lot of innocent people get killed by stray bullets, unexploded ordinances, etc. And no "suicide stabbings" either!

hahahahaha, you have given this some thought haye.

Poker   

Originally posted by Sherban Shabeel:

_46526282_02_somalia_ap.jpg

Maybe this is the solution to the conflict in Somalia. If the politics section of this forum is anything to go by, a future when all Somalis can get along nicely is a fantasy.

But if you destroy all the AKs and PKMs and RPGs etc, and replace them with knives, the killing might wind down. Any child can press a trigger, but it takes a very strong man to stab someone to death.

P.S.: Beautiful knives btw, I wonder how much the man charges.

I rather get shot than stabbed. I HATE knifes.