Sign in to follow this  
Instinct.Poet

Sista's Too Smart To Marry?

Originally posted by Valenteenah:

I bet you fantasise about that old Somali tale of the perfect raaliyo. The one where she waits for her husband to return home with a jug of milk in one hand, a belt in the other and with her googarad duluc held with her teeth because she doesn't know what he would like to do first - drink the milk, beat her silly or shag her.

looool, This was funny, to be honest This wasn't the case for early somali tales, its was neither perverse, nor violent but straightfoward romance, marka uu ka bixiyo 100 halaad iyo faras. gabayo, heeso iyo hal xidhaale ayaa lays waydaarsan jiri, iyado geed lagu maraysanyo while she's picking the flowers in the first encounter.

am not buying Unbridled feminism's version of old somali tales. :D to proof that ask any ayeeyo.

NGONGE   

^^ If she was not slightly out of my required age range I would have snapped this one up just for her wit. Lucky rudy. :D

underdog   

Originally posted by Valenteenah:

I bet you fantasise about that old Somali tale of the perfect raaliyo. The one where she waits for her husband to return home with a jug of milk in one hand, a belt in the other and with her googarad duluc held with her teeth because she doesn't know what he would like to do first - drink the milk, beat her silly or shag her.

Bal candhuuftaada dib u liq, sidani si ma'aha ee!
:D

Val,

I'd pick her over the suit-wearing, blackberry-toting, success-hungry, cold-hearted corporate uber-b!tch anyday of the week.

And there was a mention of "eediots". LOL I love those girls, very open-minded and don't automatically assume I'm lying when I whisper in their ear.

Daria, we understand each other, no?

Originally posted by NGONGE:

^^ If she was not slightly out of my required
age range
I would have snapped this one up just for her wit. Lucky rudy.
:D

No you did not! :eek:

UnderDog, naagtaad ka hadleysid is not any Xalimo I know, maybe someone out of a movie!

Anyways, has some corporate-hungry uber b!tch surpassed you at work? :D

underdog   

Out of a movie? must be the same movie with the faarax you're looking for ;)

p.s. Thanks for the inquiry, but I own my business...and I fired that b!tch last week.

fired-734715.jpg

Originally posted by Tagsiile:

quote:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Faaraxiintina kalee is waalaayo; you are certainly not the last men on earth y'know? There are successful men of other nationalities ready to snatch Somali women right under your fingers, no matter what shape or age.. waa isku dil hablaha . Idinka uun inikoo lugo xun ha soo dhihina: "these bijis go for the ajanaanibs, nama rabaan."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Care to translate the bolded part, please?

You want this bit below:

waa isku dil hablaha . Idinka uun inikoo lugo xun ha soo dhihina: "these bijis go for the ajanaanibs, nama rabaan."

Here is my best translation:

The first bit i.e. 'waa isku dil hablaha ' is hard to translate unless one does a direct translation, but means Somali girls are fought for as in people compete for them, continued and says, you just don't come with your bad legs and say: ' These bijes go for the foregneirs, they don't want us'... End, that's it

I hope I did better than most there, I can never become a Somali English interpreter, a skill I never Imagined...

There you go Tagsiile, nothing trivial and nothing important, just a one liner to boost and bring some confidance on the table... just tat...

Now send my lacag to Dahabshiil :D

Cara.   

quote:Originally posted by Cara:

You don't have to be a genius to go to college, and in much of the world it's either free or heavily subsidized.

That's news to me. Please tell me where all these free colleges are.
Free tuition is most common in Europe (Germany, Denmark, Sweden, etc) but even Harvard recently began waiving tuition for low income families.

Khalaf   

174 replies on dis whoa! ......I skimmed through it and going off the title....sxb Trevor no woman is smart enough or high enough to get skractch dat mentality jalle......nin walba raagnimodiss wa ku dhaasha ...no university degree can give one this creditional....its in ones blood. ;)

i don't know if dis was said.....but my kumo iyo taano......education is important for everyone and obligation for all somalis....an intelligent, self-sufficient, independent career oriented woman that helps herself, her ppl is highly valuable....if u got sisters u know what i am talking about....every man wants the best for the woman of his family....its usually them even with all their talk about standards ;) .....dat make dumb choices!

Ka gudab....thats not the issue...the issue and maybe why these sisters u talking about aint maried...is maybe they aint authentic somali women and all caught up by the modern day gimmicks....u know the ones that lost their deen and hertiage or treat dis with no importance, trust aint no body chasing u, maybe to get ummmm but not to marry.......have a BS or masters degree ect,....or be high school drop-out, or even be a geeljirat straight out of Galkaacyo....bottom line its all about the authentic somali lady....gaber asli ah...gabartaas nah wa a dyme. ;)

Baluug   

Mahad sanid, Tukaale, $100 is on its way to Greenland.

Underdog, that drawing is pathetic. You can't just draw a stick figure, man. You need to at least put some hair on her head, and possibly draw a striped pantsuit with shoulder pads. You need to make us believe that you fired the corporate uber-b!tch. As Randy Jackson from American Idol would say, I'm just not feelin' ya, dawg!! :D

Originally posted by Nephthys:

^ ruufiyaan is nacay. bax jaasuusnimo profession ka dhigo!

Calm down there, what's wrong with the translation of a one line wrote on a public forum, huh?

Here is Tagsiile asking for it again:

Anyways, no one wanted to translate that phrase I quoted in my last post.....

Marka bal shaah kulul iyo wax qabow isku cab, whatever is posted in here is intended for all to read and understand, or was your aim to isolate Tagsiile? My misktake, haye.

Tagsiile I fell victim for that liner attempt, get in the fight, defend, as Im accused of being a cold blooded professional spy for a white trash.