Sign in to follow this  
Buuxo

odaygaygi wuxuu yiri

-Lily-   

Some of these names are really funny, some of them deserve a slap, e.g. qofti nooh, caruurta hoyadood & Taan qabo.

I think the garacis part was meant to be in respect to ‘discipline’, don’t they know Xalimos go gym these days :rolleyes: .

I’m not sure if its meant to develop into something kinky, if so she must be one peverted old lady.

Ibtisam   

Hang on, I think I'm confused, people call their side kick Garacis?? I could swear that means beating the hell out of someone?? nooh

lool @qofti nooh, that could mean anyone.

Abdinuur   

I don't know if someone already posted this but I hate it whenever I hear "waxaa la yiri"...it just annoys the shit out of me....

Majority of Somali folks use this term "Waxaa La Yiri" without knowing or having the knowledge of what they're trying to say or explain.

People just find out stuff and research your own thinking instead of relying on someone else's opinion or thoughts.

Waxaa la yiri this, that....doesnt do for me and whenever I confront people about this bad habit...they'd look into themselves and just realize how dump they can be...

Plus this whole notion of 'waxaa la yiri' created corruption cuz that, too, can be interepreted into gossips and can create a fight! I am out! Peace

RedSea   

gacaladayda that is the one I use.

Islaan iyo oday can be used in my book to describe the elders. But the one that is insulting is 'duqda' as southern somalis do.

in addition, i find it funny when reer xamar say to ladies' waan ku salamay qofyey'...I mean come on. That is just wrong. :D

Buuxo   

^ how can you not like that, qofyahay is like equivalent to "you are the most significant person" .

what is the difference between islaan/odaya and duqda and duqa , it's basically the same.

what i find funny is how the reer waqooyi overuse the words "inanta & inanka" , you would ask who did heblo marry ,they be like she married this inankaan, and i would be waiting to see some young man, and but it's always ninwayn with bidaar or at least 35+. maybe waay u qariiya or its either they marry late, i dont know.but i always thought those words were used for "young" people.

Kool_Kat   

About a year ago, I ran in to an old friend of mine...We chatted for a while, and he told me he got married and the wifey is pregnant...So a congratulated him, and told all I know about parenthood...N'way, as we were walking, there was a Somali lady coming our way smiling...So I said to him, why is this lady smiling at us...He said "dee waa inanteydii"...

So right there I said to him "Ooh Puhlease, not only can you not be her father, she looks older than you"...He started laughing hysterically...As she got closer to us, she started talking and said "Xageebaad ka baxday, sowkan is idhi waad luntay"...

He introduced us, Heblaayo this is my friend Kool_Kat...Kool_Kat this is my wife!!!

Talk about embarrassment... Note to Kool_Kat: in Waqooyi, INANTEYDA = MY WIFE, not my daughter... ;)

loooooooooooooooooooooool@kool_kat ,,,, you understood wrong i guess :D

Inantayda = Gabadha aan dhalay

Gabadhayda = Xaaskayga

That is the waqooyi accent ......

Buuxo, Means you expected younger and handsome guys and there they showed you old men :D