Sign in to follow this  
Intel

Overrated

Jaylaani   

PlayMaker,

Robinson Used to be great center before TD was drafted. Hakeem took his heart out of his chest in 1995 and retired with it. Speaking of KG, I really love KG but he is not TD. He is a great player but you have to admit he is not the type of player that will carry a team. He is not a scorer and he doesn’t have the killer instincts that TD posses. Minnesota is doing great this year because they have good guards in Spree and Sam that can do the job. Let the record show that the Spurs never had any so-called super stars other than TD in both of their championships.

McNabb is a good but not a great one. He went to the championship game three times in a row and lost them all. Yes, he doesn’t have a good receivers however, his individual performance were average at best. That is why I call him overrated.

We can agree to disagree

N.O.R.F   

Peninsula and Shujui suggest that we

little suggestions buy any tapes of the Euro'00 to refresh your memory maybe

u dont need to buy tapes to recall how well a gr8 player performed in a tourny, if i and many others cant remember Totti doing much then he aint a gr8 player, simple as that,,,,,

Baaniyal   

agreed Northerner..

I remember Zidane,Henry,Figo as the top attacking players. Notice i didn't mention any dutch players,eventhough they are my second fav team and made it to the semis!

I remember Thuram,Nesta,Maldini as the top defenders.

So basically Totti falls within the category of mediocre performances of Euro 2000,meaning not good or bad,but nothing memorable.

Originally posted by Baaniyal:

agreed Northerner..

I remember Zidane,Henry,Figo as the top attacking players. Notice i didn't mention any dutch players,eventhough they are my second fav team and made it to the semis!

I remember Thuram,Nesta,Maldini as the top defenders.

So basically Totti falls within the category of mediocre performances of Euro 2000,meaning not good or bad,but nothing memorable.

Baaniyal bro surely your hatred for the Italians or anything to do with the Italians just blocks you fair judgements. So therefore you arguments can not be taken into any creditabily. You said to me about few months ago, that most ppl hated "Arsenal" for no reason (which is obviously not true) I think you're doing same thing with the Italians. Totti had an outstanding campainge something which himself did not pretict. Henry is a good player but that tournament he had an avarage, which is something that could not be singled out from players like Zidane, Figo or Totti. At that stage Totti was known by many ppl (I bet you didn't know him as well :eek: ) as he is now, maybe thats your main argument.

Baaniyal   

Baaniyal bro surely your hatred for the Italians or anything to do with the Italians just blocks you fair judgements. So therefore you arguments can not be taken into any creditabily. You said to me about few months ago, that most ppl hated "Arsenal" for no reason (which is obviously not true) I think you're doing same thing with the Italians. Totti had an outstanding campainge something which himself did not pretict. Henry is a good player but that tournament he had an avarage, which is something that could not be singled out from players like Zidane, Figo or Totti. At that stage Totti was known by many ppl (I bet you didn't know him as well ) as he is now, maybe thats your main argument.

Funny as you say that,but this just proved to me how you misread things. I ask you to go back and read my statement,you will clearly notice me giving fair due to Nesta and Maldini as being the top defenders. Like i said there was nothing eye catching about Totti,and ofcourse i knew who da hell he was prior to the tournament,infact he was being hailed as the new golden boy(saviour) of italian football,complete italian media hype it was. Infact every dutch player had a better tourney than Totti! Bergkamp,Overmars and Kluivert were much much more memorable than Totti,don't belive me, look for yourself at what Totti the creative genius of italy created for his teamates in euro 2000---> Euro2000 Stats So how did he have a more memorable euro2000 than Henry,Overmars,Bergkamp,Figo..the stats tell the story! :D:D

Your fighting a lost cause here!

Zidane in Totti call Thursday 5 February, 2004

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Roma sensation Francesco Totti would be a success at Real Madrid according to Zinedine Zidane.

The No 10 is being continually talked about as a summer target for the Spaniards and Zidane has today praised the Roman.

tottinews04.jpg

"Totti is a very good player," said the former Juventus star. "He is a fundamental element for his club and he proves every year that he is Italy’s best.

"I don’t want to comment too much on him but I believe that he would do well if he played for Real Madrid."

Zidane’s words will only add to the speculation that Real are keen on the attacking midfielder after the comments of Real sporting director Jorge Valdano yesterday.

"Totti is Zidane’s heir," the 1986 World Cup winner said. "He is a great player.

"Totti plays around 10 metres further forward than Zidane so they could easily play in the same side. That would be some spectacle."

Meanwhile, Zidane was then asked for his opinion on Thierry Henry and Paolo Maldini who have also been linked with the club.

"Henry is an extraordinary player but I’ve not tried to convince him to move to Spain," added the Frenchman. "Maldini is simply a magnificent defender, no matter how old he is."

---------------------------------------------------------------------

so everyone inclduing the great man are exegrating about Totti?? :D

Roma rejected Totti offers Friday 6 February, 2004

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Roma boss Fabio Capello has revealed that they have rejected numerous big money bids for Francesco Totti.

The tactician made the claim to a Spanish radio station as speculation suggesting that Real Madrid want the Italian star continues.

"They are not the only ones interested," Capello told Radio Cadena Cope. "We’ve received a number of incredible offers even if I can’t reveal from which clubs."

The Italian has been praised by Real sporting director Jorge Valdano and Zinedine Zidane in the last week but Capello insists Totti is staying in the capital.

tottiitnews.jpg

"Francesco is Roma’s best player and he will remain here," added the former Milan tactician.

"I’m aware that you never know what could happen in this game but it is my hope to always have him in Rome.

"I understand that Real look to buy the best players in the world but they must understand that Totti is to Roma what Raul is to Real. He’s an emblem of the club.

"I’m convinced that Francesco will prove his ability in the summer while wearing the Azzurri shirt. Euro 2004 will be his consecration."

Yet Totti is not the only big name player being linked with a move away at the end of the season. Whispers suggest that Roma could be assessing a bid for Christian Vieri.

"He is one of the most important Italian and European players around right now," noted Capello. "But I’m sure he will stay at Inter as they are building a side for the future."