Sign in to follow this  
sweet_gal

help.......

I have searched everywhere and can't find the answer, help me......someone

What is the cost of Genetic Manipulation ( in terms of weather it's expensive or cheap, and wheather it is a one-time cost or a cintinued cost, and whether it yields a good return)...

If u know a good website with the answer let me know............Please respond soon.......

thanks

Whoa, back it up Sweet-gal!!! LOL, i dont know about the rest but i dont even know the meaning of genetic mal....watever!

anyways, why dont you try some search engines, something should come up. hope that helps smile.gif

OG Moti   
hot_chocolata the girl is asking a serious Question which may safe her from failing biology class and you came just to say welcome back looooooooool ...little sweet_gal i give an answer, genetic manipulation is Haram and expensive, Continues cost and returns bad stuff) it is changing or modifying genetic components like making a living thing that has 3 legs or lon noise, making female to male and so on.. so i advice you reject the asignment and tell your teacher that he/she has no human feelings and that they are rude and never been told about human and animal rights.. it would also be better if you can change the school too.. you can also take this issue to the press and expose the teacher and his/her bad doings.. peace

Som@li   

what abt Genetic Manipulation in plants,and in cows, which may give more yeild,more milk,more meat,,with resistance to pests and diseases..these may someday help and feed the poor third world countries.

i suggest keep doing the research ,adn don't cross the line, and remember we are humans,full of curiousity.

Haneefah   

Og...c'mon, it's not always as extreme as ppl make it to be. And the ethical/religious concerns about it are not so black and white...could actually get quite fuzzy as there are many cases where it can be justified.

Sweetgal...you have to be more specific hon. Genetic engineering/manipulation in terms of what? In what species? Are you talking about impacts on humans/animals/crops as this technology is affecting endless fields.

This technology is becoming more and more useful as it can be used towards deadly genetic diseases such as cystic fibrosis or even degenarative diseases that have now been linked to genetic malfunctions...so in this case, researching the particular gene which is harmful or that encodes for the nonfunctional protein in the human body and altering it is the only life-saving option many hopeless patients suffering from these diseases have...that is IF it can be done, as complications often arise. Quite expensive research but nonetheless, very useful.

Or in the area of agriculture/food industry for instance...genetic alterations are booming, has had a tremendous impact on the industry in the past couple of decades and continues to do so as they improve....costs definitely outweigh the benefits in this industry which is why you'll notice genetically altered foods being 10x cheaper than organic foods.

Now, ethical issues and a lot controversies do arise quite often with the use of this technology...esp when dealing with humans, as I mentioned...there's a lot grey areas when it comes to anwering these ethical questions.

good luck with the assignment!

I wasn't specific enough eh......

I only wanted info on Plant Genetic Manipulation.

My project had nothing to do with Animal or human's OG.......Plus it's not good for plants either.I have a feeling Gnetic Manipulation has something to do with America trying kill people lol.......

Anyways thanks OG what u told me was what I needed thanks to the rest of u aswell........It's over with, I handled my business early in the morning......I even found a good website so that helped me too.

Paragon   

Sweet girl,

Are you by any chance interested in the 'Green Revolution' and the intensification of rice and wheat production in southeast Asia, particularly during the first half of 1960? If you are, you may find FoodFirst website useful. I did an essay on the intensification of rice in the rural development of southeast asia in early 1960s.

Hope it helps