Sign in to follow this  
Libaax-Sankataabte

Iconic engineering. France has done it again.

Don't mind me, I am an engineering and technology enthusiast.

Have you guys seen the news of the Millau bridge on CNN and the BBC? Amazing civil engineering. This bridge in the clouds delivers yet another blow to the face of those who hate the French: the Yankees. This is the tallest bridge in the world. Who said you can't drive in the clouds. :D

bridge.jpg

r459232499.jpg

4.jpg

Watch the video here

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/4095385.stm#

Originally posted by Libaax-Sankataabte:

This bridge in the clouds delivers yet another blow to the face of those who hate the French: the Yankees.

the bridge was designed by a Brit architect !!

Eiffage engineering group built the bridge. The same company that built the Eiffel tower. It was also managed by another French company.

As for the architecture, this is usually more international. In every country, you will see many buildings designed by foriegners. Norman Foster and Partners is basically an collection of architects from many countries headed by the company owner: Norman Foster. :D

BN   
^^It's already in the works, mate. :D On a more serious note, I can think of more useful things to do with Somalia's meagre resources.