Sign in to follow this  
Jacaylbaro

HOW ABOUT YOUR SOMALI LANGUAGE ?

Blessed   

^LOL!

Ngonge,

I grew out of the whispering. I'm your typical Burcawiyad, now. With thanks to Dubais tagsiiles :D

LOL Ghanima,

Off course, your Somali is better than mine, markaad riyooneysid! icon_razz.gif

NGONGE   

Ghanima,

I almost went on Sunday. I was supposed to go to the maqaaxi to meet a couple of people who would have joined me and go from there. Big mistake! :D

At any rate, I got home later than usual but with no show to talk about. Heh.

ps

Serenity didn't go ;)

Ibtisam   

^^

What happened you sat there for the whole nyt talking (or fighting) outside the maqaaxi??

Serenity was not there because she thought you was coming and got scared and backed out last min! :D I don't know what you have done to her and Val, both are terrified of you! :(

Zenobia! Ouch! :D

-Lily-   

Thanks Jimcale and Dahia, I just thought it was odd for random strangers to call you 'Ina Adeer' and if there were hidden connotations in those words.

Blessed   

^There's a hidden conotation with the word Ina Abti in the north. Faaraxs, say 'Ina Abti' to girls they fancy. Just, so you know. ;)

Blessed   

Yes, that's true Ghani, but when a random stranger says it, especially when you are the only girl in the crowd that gets the 'Ina Abti' treatment, waa wax culus. :D

It's stems from the odd tradition, where you can marry the son of your Abti but it's considered ceeb to marry your adeers son.

-Lily-   

The only ppl I call abowe are my brothers and male cousins, a once harmless word has somehow been transformed into a 'come hither' word. Macane is one you definately want to reserve.

NGONGE   

^^ It's not the words themselves that have changed meaning. The words are as they've always been. It's the way they're said. In fact, even the dreaded (for you girls) word naaya can has a different meaning when the person uttering it is doing so with a twinkle in his eyes and a quivering lower lip. :D

-Lily-   

^^^No I had Xalimo in spandex and a whip facing the aforementioned Farax who uttered the N word in mind, but yeah elderly ppl work too.

Don’t mind me ppl, I’m just in a merry mood because I have 10 days off work in about 25 mins...