Sign in to follow this  
Jacaylbaro

HOW ABOUT YOUR SOMALI LANGUAGE ?

The biggest disadvantage of knowing a second, or more foreign language is the huuuuuuuuuuge mix up. waan isku dhex qasaa markaan hadlaayo, written also. Does any1 have similar problem? can u talk 10 minutes in undiluted somali. just pure somali KALIYA?

Malika   

Originally posted by Zenobia:

^There's a hidden conotation with the word Ina Abti in the north. Faaraxs, say 'Ina Abti' to girls they fancy. Just, so you know.
;)

True Zenobia,they say Ina Abti is sure a sweet thing..lol,Somalis :rolleyes:

I speak better then I write,I got much better with my Somali when I came to the west,but prior to that,I spoke a typical sijui Somali..Kijikada,kalamuga..just added da or ga at the end of a swahili word..Lol redface.gif

Malika   

^Despite Af Somali been spoken in our home,I had no Somali friends in school nor at the neighbourhood.So my af somali was reserved only for Ayeeyo/Hoyo/Abo and other elder relatives.But when I came to the west,I found myself more involved with Somalis hence my picking up Af somali as I got more involved in the community,which required me to converse in Af Somali..I could say I have rediscover my Somaliness.. :D

NGONGE   

^^ Have you ever heard sijui's talk? :D

In fact, have you ever heard sijui girls talk?

“ So I said to him, kikki tiki waka under no circumstances would I dakiika dalili harka na rempa. And for your information lisilokuwapo moyoni,halipo machoni so you better not phone me because manahodha wengi chombo huenda mrama and don’t waste your time telling me mchovya asali hachovi mara moja! He got upset and hung up. Asaalaala! Can you believe the maskiini tiiki murampa shamali taktak hung up on me? Majuto ni mjukuu....”

Ps

I made some up and cheated a little. :D

Originally posted by NGONGE:

^^ Have you ever heard sijui's talk?
:D

In fact, have you ever heard sijui girls talk?

“ So I said to him, kikki tiki waka under no circumstances would I dakiika dalili harka na rempa. And for your information lisilokuwapo moyoni,halipo machoni so you better not phone me because manahodha wengi chombo huenda mrama and don’t waste your time telling me mchovya asali hachovi mara moja! He got upset and hung up. Asaalaala! Can you believe the maskiini tiiki murampa shamali taktak hung up on me? Majuto ni mjukuu....”

Ps

I made some up and cheated a little.
:D

Where's Faarax-Brawn? :D