Sign in to follow this  
Legend of Zu

The Young Scientist did it again...

nuune   

Abdisalaan is a cool boy indeed, with great character, and always smiling when you meet him,

He looks alot happier now, we supported him in January back at the BT Young Scientists in Dublin.

Ibtisam   

^^^They are Somali like everyone else, the have a hometown and everything and most identify themselves as Somali so who are we to say they are not. It is like the suujis are not Somali or the Somali Yemenis.

P.s. Not all Baravanis are of the same origin.

P.s.s. Congrats and well done to him. I agree there should be some sort of organization that looks out and supports gifted ppl in our community.

puntland_killa @ 9/29/2007 9:16 AM EST

Multi-billion dollar companies and governmental agencies

will make use of his discovery. Those companies will

further make millions of dollars of profit. And what did

he get at the end? A mere £3000...SICK how they exploited him.

&

But If I was him I would have waited and patent the discovery and made millions

and that way the somali name would have been better represented.

Somaaalida aa bitter people.

Neph, I couldn't have agreed with you more. The kid is a barawaani, not somali, but his parents probably said they were from somalia to gain entry to ireland when they migrated to the country, that isn't to say they haven't set foot in somalia, but this child is far from being somali. Somali's are hateful individuals and the quote above proves it.

Chimera   

Originally posted by Nephthys:

Isku dhadhajiska iska deeya, he ain't Somali, but a Baravani, a Portugese origin. :rolleyes:

First of all, the Portuguese never settled in large numbers in Baraawe since they were continuesly fighting the Ajuuraanites and the portuguese eventually got kicked out when the Ajuraan formed an alliance with the Ottoman sailor 'Mir Ali bey' so to say Somalis living in Barawa are the result of a few years of occupation is laughable especially considering the fact most of the inhabitants during the fighting fled inwards while some who stayed were killed(muslims deserved to die,according to the Portuguese)

so the young kid is definitely a Somali, but if your basing this on his unique look you should see my little niece who is the product of Somali + Somali marriage yet resembles an indian girl( btw where does it say he is born in Barawa or Marka? last thing i remember about his earlier life is that he was born in Kenya IIRC)

^^, if he was born in kenya, then it makes him a kenyati, a somali-barawaani mix, he is the barawaani version of Farax Brown in Kenya.

Che, I don't like this blank screenname you have, sometimes you make me question who you are.

To answer your question, I am not hateful individual. I am an exception and so are u.(now will you stop questioning me? redface.gifredface.gifredface.gif )

Mashallah big up to the brother. :D Anyway, how did this topic veer off into whose Somali and whose not? We are a country made up of different tribes, so to say that he is not Somali based on the premise of him being Barwaani is ridiculous. Who cares about which country he originates from anyway? He's a Muslim brother making big achievements. Mashallah he's made his parents and the Ummah proud. Salaam.

Chimera   

Layzie okay since you continue to differentiate a 'Somali' from a inhabitant of Barawa i will ask you this; who are these Barawani's you speak off? please give me some examples, thanks in advance

Nephissa   

Drives me bonkers when you rush to share their success as a "Somali success" when in reality the average Somali writes them off as fishers and worthless shoemakers. Sad reality indeed.

This young scientist's success belongs to his people [people of Barave] wholly and entirely.

Chimera   

Originally posted by Nephthys:

Drives me bonkers when you rush to share their success as a "Somali success" when in reality the average Somali writes them off as fishers and worthless shoemakers. Sad reality indeed.

This young scientist's success belongs to his people [people of Barave] wholly and entirely.

who are these people of Barawa? people need to understand not all ethnic Somali groups fall under the clan system case in point The Tunni's of Barawa