Sign in to follow this  
Somali09

APOSTASY - Leaving Islam

Somali09   

Hi,

I dont intend to offend anyone with my comments and hope that people will reciprocate similar respect. I just wish to have a healthy debate.

I naturally grew up with Islam (at home, mosque, madrassa etc - the whole nine yards). But I always had doubts about religion when I was young. I was just to afraid to ask/enquire/voice them.

And now as an adult, when I rationally evaluate the Quran, Islam and the whole notion of the existance of God - I find myself to believe that its all an illusion, false and a product of people's imagination. This has led me to become an ATHEIST.

Is there anyone here who shares my opinions?

I know at least two of our members have the same or close to what you believe although they don't declare openly their status ............ :D

What determines the illusion horta ??? ,, Is our small brain enough to evaluate the creator ?? Is there anything that was created just like this without purpose ?? ,,

Ibtisam   

There are few, so you are not alone, one is a follower of another religion, one worship their soul, one follows Buddha, the other beliefs in something called "science" and the last one has not made up his mind.

What kind of atheist are you? Hardcore atheist, confused atheist, unsure atheist, science atheist, or I don't know and don't care atheist?

Johnny B   

Ibti,you too are Atheist dee icon_razz.gif , because you lack belief in our God Eros. icon_razz.gif

Eros is the son of Aphrodite. Eros is the god of love. In particular erotic, romantic, love. He is often represented blindfolded because, love is often blind. His "weapon" is darts or arrows. In either case the tips have been magically treated to produce either uncontrollable love or insurmountable disinterested in the first person seen be Eros's victim after wounding.

We're all Atheists, in a way or another . ;)

ps.. , Since lacking belief in the existence of certain Deities is all Atheists share,i hope you're not expecting an Atheist team to join, as that'd be against the nature of Atheists, because Atheists don't function in flock, each one has his/her own reasons as to why he/she lacks belief in certain Gods. you're Welcome to SOL brother Somali09. ;)

Ibtisam   

^^^LOOL not in the context he asked dear. You know I am Muslim, like the day I was born, alhumdulilah.

Are you still in Somalia??

MZanzi   

do you guys say in public your atheist? If you say you're atheist, people look a little uncomfortable,

I can't help but imagine some kid sitting in the back pew of a church---heeding only occasionally the ceaseless droning of the pastor---thinking, "Gee, an atheist's life must be really boring!"

Are you serious? Of all the months you could have posted your sorry excuse of a thread you had to do it on this one?

I don’t intend to offend anyone? Brother please, you know that we know that you intended to offend people. Am sure the’re some who share your views. But at least they have the decency to contain it and allow people to observe Ramdhan, without insulting them with questions such as the above.

Ibtisam   

CL, it is a forum, he does not have to pretend he is a Muslim. :confused: He is just looking for some people who can help him feel better about the choice he has made in life.

Why would it offend you that he is atheist, it only harms HIM and his future. The fact that he thinks it is "all an illusion, false and a product of people's imagination" has no reflection on what you or anyone else believes.

JB: Wlc back, how about a full update, did you pray to blend in?? (Well not in Burco, they are not that religious, did you make it to Burco?)

BiLaaL   

Somali09, your ruh is most offended by the stance you've adopted. Denying the existence of your creator is the highest form of ingratitude. It is not something to be taken lightly. The matter is beyond that of simple opinion.

There is no better time than Ramadan to ruminate on the 'illusions' you speak of. I would urge you to do just that.

BOB   

You did not know enough about Islam to begin with that much I am sure of however I would still advice you to learn Islam before you pass a judgement on it and learn it with an open mind and heart and if you still have a doubt about it then Islam is not for you.

May the almighty Allah s.w guide us all and pardon our sins both minor and major Insha Allah.

May peace be with you.

Peace, Love & Unity.

Kool_Kat   

Bismilaahi Raxmaani Raxiim...Acuudubilaa hi Mina Sheydaani Rajiim @Allah bieng an illusion, false and a product of people's imagination...Tana waa i dhineed inaan SOL ka aqriyo!

Originally posted by NGONGE:

Stuff and nonsense (and funny that you should join in the same week as Oz Girl).
:D

FOR THE LOVE OF ALLAH, WHAT'S WITH YOU AND OZ GIRL? Waaba ku digrinoysaayee wah!

Somali09 hada masoomanid miyaa?

Fufu, sxb anigabo masooni, does that mean I am going the other way too? :(icon_razz.gif